U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 PM

15 posts, read 39,399 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please describe Lawrencville to me, also Grayson? What is it like? Is it more city or country? I was in Alpharetta last year near Windward and loved it there, can you compare it to that area, better or worse? Rural? I am looking for a town that has shopping, movies ,Dr.s, hospital, colleges, but would also like a country feel too. Yes I want the best of both worlds. I am very picky and want a clean town to live in. I do not want to live in an area where one house is beautiful and the next is a dump/Thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 PM

91 posts, read 438,257 times
Well I think Alpharetta and Law/Grayson are not in the same categories.
Both are very nice towns, but one is a higher cost of living than other.
Alpharetta is a very corporate like setting. Houses cost more and the taxes are higher there. It is a very beautiful area. Just too expensive for us. We couldn't get the size of house and property we wanted in our price range. For what we have in Lawrenceville, we'd have to pay double or poss. triple in Alpharetta.
Law/Grayson is both white/blue collar type of area. Scenic Hwy(124) in Snellville has just about any store you could poss. need to shop in. It is approx. 10-15 mins away. There are many ruralish areas in Gray/Law still.
Many new subdivisions are being built. Most with not a lot property, but very nice house. Lawrenceville is pretty big. I live on the border of Law and Grayson. Grayson Hwy (20) is in the progress of widening. This should alleviate some of the traffic on the road.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 PM

276 posts, read 1,015,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalu View Post
Can anyone please describe Lawrencville to me, also Grayson? What is it like? Is it more city or country? I was in Alpharetta last year near Windward and loved it there, can you compare it to that area, better or worse? Rural? I am looking for a town that has shopping, movies ,Dr.s, hospital, colleges, but would also like a country feel too. Yes I want the best of both worlds. I am very picky and want a clean town to live in. I do not want to live in an area where one house is beautiful and the next is a dump/Thanks in advance.
Let me know whatcha find cause you just spoke my language..Exactally what I am looking for...Anyone have any ideas if I am being realistic in choosing Buford and Woodstock as my prefered areas..Thanks.Lisa

Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 AM

91 posts, read 438,257 times
Default Suwannee is worth checking out for your prefs.

It is very nice area. Mall Of Georgia is close.
Nice homes.
Check out some posts about it on here.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM

31 posts, read 101,353 times
We live in Grayson and Love it, just far enough away and close enough to all hospitals and shopping 5-10 minutes. The houses are well maintained and the schools are good.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,447,558 times
Lawrenceville is about family, activities and is the best of suburban living.

Grayson is farther out, offers less ammenities, and the commute is killer.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:06 PM

196 posts, read 651,662 times
I find Grayson more convenient and less traffic than Lawrenceville, (except for the temporary road construction). it is close to everything but still has that country feel. Homes in the developments are well maintained and I find the neighbors friendly.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Ans

9 posts, read 51,641 times
Hi Dear,

how far is Grayson to the nearest good Hospital for Child birth.?

Cheers.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM

31 posts, read 101,353 times
East Side Emory and Gwinnett Medical Center are close by

Old 02-11-2008, 08:36 AM

49 posts, read 141,024 times
Default Can You Be Specific?

Those of you who mentioned Grayson and Lawrenceville being places you LOVE, can you pinpoint neighborhoods or subdivisions or even streets that you think are the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or