Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,833,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
I just want to be able to get home after a night of drinking without driving if I lived in the suburbs. Take the train to your county/suburb then take a cab home. That would be much cheaper than taking a cab all the way from Atlanta. So in essence I believe the taxpayers should build a network that would allow me to get home after a night of drinking so I can avoid a potential DUI. Said network should operate 24/7 since the bars dont close until 2 AM. Im just kidding people. But seriously it would be cool to be able to get around without having to drive every freaking where.
For now if you want that Lifestyle you need to move into the city, Otherwise driving is your best option
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 04:09 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,517,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Get over yourself. Just because you are ignorant of facts does not give you the right to be so confrontational and rude. If anything is pathetic around here, it's your endless bluster and attempt to stir things up with every single race-baiting post you make.

Have you ever heard of the annual LINK trips that regional leaders make every year? Look it up, if not. On the trip to Chicago several years ago, several leaders from there confided to the Atlantans in attendance that they envied the open discussions about race that take place here. They went on to say that it is totally taboo to do so there, but was deemed as something they wish they could have to get at the root of many problems. l doubt you would even want to hear this fact as it flies in the face of all that you believe in, but it happened and is verifiable.
Great post. If it were up to him, General Sherman should come back and burn Clayton county.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM

16,664 posts, read 29,417,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Do some brushing up on your history. You forgot about the forced living arrangements and movement restrictions that formed the centerpiece of Apartheid. I never stated or implied people should be forced to live in Clayton County or that they people who do should be barred from certain areas.

There's an eerily similar historical parallel to your motivations in seeking to portray me as an Apartheid supporter with such extreme comments:

Nazi propaganda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's one for you--

Delusional | Define Delusional at Dictionary.com

Old 12-11-2010, 05:16 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,101,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Whatever. It's hard to take this comment seriously when it comes from someone who believes that black people can't be racist just because of the color of their skin, or says that statements remind them of Apartheid when their animosity towards white people goes beyond Apartheid levels, or that it's not racist to beleive that whites should have to "pay until kingdom come" for segregation and slavery. I would wager that half of the beliefs you have espoused on here perfectly fit the definition of delusional.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:26 PM

256 posts, read 749,077 times
Quote:
Do some brushing up on your history. You forgot about the forced living arrangements and movement restrictions that formed the centerpiece of Apartheid. I never stated or implied people should be forced to live in Clayton County or that they people who do should be barred from certain areas.

There's an eerily similar historical parallel to your motivations in seeking to portray me as an Apartheid supporter with such extreme comments:

Nazi propaganda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You accuse other people of using the race card, and you just used the Nazi card. Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will admit, the comparison to Apartheid was a little bit extreme, but comparing that comparison to Nazi propaganda is even more extreme.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM

16,664 posts, read 29,417,226 times
Quote:

..someone who believes that black people can't be racist just because of the color of their skin, or says that statements remind them of Apartheid when their animosity towards white people goes beyond Apartheid levels, or that it's not racist tobeleive that whites should have to "pay until kingdom come" for segregation and slavery...

Actually, change "white people" to "black people" in the highlighted above, and you'll have the most accurate self-reflection for yourself. Great job, Kurt!

Moreover--you are again wrong and delusional...

and live in a sick, sad make-believe world.

And that, my brother, is just something you're going to have to live with.

Last edited by aries4118; 12-11-2010 at 09:23 PM..

Old 12-12-2010, 02:21 PM

60 posts, read 145,542 times
This is getting blown way out of proportion.

This is a matter of economics and the current trends in the Clayton County area. Neither of which encourage a MARTA transportation system.

Taken from one of the council members who voted against CTRAN funding...

"I am concerned about the people of this county, the 5000 people who use C-Tran," she said. "I'm also concerned about the remaining 270,000 who have to pay for it. The board has made a decision."

Clayton was a semi-rural community that has simply become an enormous suburb with a few projects thrown into the fix. That type of design does not lend itself well to public transit.

If you doubt me, feel free to visit western Atlanta and look at how well MARTA is being utilized there. Suburban counties have to utilize point-to-point forms of transportation to be economically successful. A hub/spoke system such as MARTA and other community transit systems only work when a large portion of the population needs to travel to a specific place.

This is why park & ride's work well in certain metro-Atlanta suburbs. The transit service is only a benefit during very specific times of the day.

The rest of the time such a service would be very lightly used... and it would be highly unprofitable.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,517,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post

Actually, change "white people" to "black people" in the highlighted above, and you'll have the most accurate self-reflection for yourself. Great job, Kurt!

Moreover--you are again wrong and delusional...

and live in a sick, sad make-believe world.

And that, my brother, is just something you're going to have to live with.
Bingo

Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,673,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarose View Post

Taken from one of the council members who voted against CTRAN funding...

"I am concerned about the people of this county, the 5000 people who use C-Tran," she said. "I'm also concerned about the remaining 270,000 who have to pay for it. The board has made a decision."
Gee, were there only 5,000 C-TRAN riders? The newspaper made it sound like almost everybody in Clayton County had to ride the bus and that they'd all be stranded without it.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,327,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Gee, were there only 5,000 C-TRAN riders? The newspaper made it sound like almost everybody in Clayton County had to ride the bus and that they'd all be stranded without it.

No, arjay. As people of his ilk often do, he is totally understating the daily ridership. There were WAY more than 5,000 daily riders. His spoon-fed talking points aren't serving him very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta