U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,756 times
Default Which neighborhood 2 drive through to watch Halloween decoration

So I live in Decatur (Toco Hills) and there arent that many Halloween decoration. My parents are visiting from Europe and it is their first Halloween here. They would like to see the yards decorated just like in the movies they always see...Where can I take them?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,524,443 times
There is one street I know of that goes totally over the top, however, b/c of this, it is gridlock on Halloween night. It is Briers North on Tilly Mill Rd. in Dunwoody/Doraville area. It is a newer neighborhood (built in late 80's early 90's) but was done in a Victorian theme, and pretty much every single house has decked out their yard and house for Halloween. We tried to drive by there two years ago on Halloween night and it was literally like a party was going on for the entire cul-de-sac. It is not big, only about a 1/8-1/4 mile long cul-de-sac, but tons of decorations. I am sure they are up and turned on now, so I would try Friday or Sat. nights to avoid too big a crowd/traffic.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM

9,913 posts, read 13,515,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vouvoune View Post
So I live in Decatur (Toco Hills) and there arent that many Halloween decoration. My parents are visiting from Europe and it is their first Halloween here. They would like to see the yards decorated just like in the movies they always see...Where can I take them?
There have been fewer decorations than usual in our neighborhood the past few years. I suspect the poor economy is taking its toll.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 692 times
Smoketree in Tucker is an AWESOME NEIGHBORHOOD for Halloween decorations and for Trick-or-treating! It is located off Britt Rd and Old Norcross Tucker Blvd. That neighborhood has great decorations and gives out lots of candy! We go EVERY Halloween and have a blast. Most houses give out candy until 11:00PM. There are several houses that pass out large sized candy bars! Hundreds of kids raid Smoketree. Go and check it out--- LOVE IT! We go every Halloween.

Last edited by Scooter71; 10-08-2013 at 10:06 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 10:17 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,445,442 times
unfortunately a lot of the frummies that go to beth jacob think that halloween is some kind of pagan evil, so you won't see a lot of decorations out that way. they are pretty conservative, but hey, at least they've brought kosher food and tzedekah (donations to the poor/homeless) to the neighbourhood.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM

39 posts, read 36,098 times
I was wondering the same thing .i used to live in chicago and we had areally good decoration going on our subdivision,now relocated here and they even dont have fall decoration not just halloween..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta