Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,354,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Right, but you have to agree that nearly all of those governors would be Republicans by today's standards. Many were arch conservatives.
Not by today's standards of what passes for a Republican, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Right, 12 to 20 million illegal's abusing almost every government service being offered is nothing that should get anyone concerned.
12 to 20 million, eh? Where are they all hiding? The Atlanta metro area only has 5.5 million people living in it. How can there be 20 million illegals here?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:53 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,263,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
12 to 20 million, eh? Where are they all hiding? The Atlanta metro area only has 5.5 million people living in it. How can there be 20 million illegals here?

You know good and well I am talking about nationally but nice job at over looking that obvious fact. So are you saying that a half million illegals if that is the number is an acceptable amount for Georgia. What number of illegals would it take for you to sit up and take notice?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,676,370 times
Aww well.

Disappointed is not even a strong enough word. Deal? I could stomach Handel but Deal? Come on now...

Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
You know good and well I am talking about nationally but nice job at over looking that obvious fact.
The rest of us were talking locally and state-wide, but go ahead and cloud the issue with your overblown factoids.

The metro area has grown from 2.5 million in 1980 to 5.5 million today. Unless you think that most of those 3 million people are illegal aliens then you can't hold them solely responsible for the problems of traffic, air quality, deteriorating schools, and water shortages. Those are problems associated with growth and development, and are caused by improper or completely absent oversight of the necessary growth of the infrastructure. It has very little to do with "freeloaders".

Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,811,909 times
Default We're DOOMED! It's the END OF THE WORLD! LOL

You people are cracking me up with all your doom and gloom misery!

-- The bottom is about to fall out of the state economy? NEWS FLASH: That happened two years ago! Things can only get better.
-- Gays will never get the right to marry in Georgia? Hell, that's never gonna happen in this state even with a Democrat majority under the gold dome! And this is coming from me, a GAY MAN! Go figure.
-- Georgia has chosen a BOSS HOGG as governor? Hello! Did any of you see those offensive campaign ads of Roy Barnes and his horses?
-- The Reagan years all over again? Sure wish somebody would send some of that happiness MY way. This city and state were a literal BOOMTOWN during the Reagan Years.
-- It's the fault of dumb lazy Democrats who didn't get out and vote? Or in other words, the Republicans of this state are more civic-minded, informed on the issues and willing to do something as simple as GO VOTE! Sounds about right to me.

SERIOUSLY, you all seem to be forgetting that up until 8 years ago, this state had not elected a GOP governor since THE CIVIL WAR! Two Republicans since the start of the new Millenium hardly seems like the end of the world.

And while I'm not too keen on the idea of Nathan Deal inhabiting the Governor's Mansion for the next four years, I realize the guy has to stay somewhere. He's about to lose his Gainesville house after all. Besides, if it's the lesser of two evils, I'd rather have a Hall County chicken farmer who can't balance his checkbook on West Paces Ferry than a good ol' boy "country lawyer from Cobb County" who thinks if he goes on the TV, shows me his horses and ... talks ... real ... slow ... that I might be hick enough to vote for him.

AS FOR THE GOP TAKEOVER OF CONGRESS:
I'm no expert on politics, but I could have told you on the day that Barack Obama took the oath of office that this election would swing things back in favor of the GOP. That's how politics work in this country! Some of you are acting all surprised that this happened. And you know what else? We're going to have a Republican president again come 2012. Go ahead and prepare yourselves for it. Move to Canada. Whatever.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,263,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
You people are cracking me up with all your doom and gloom misery!

-- The bottom is about to fall out of the state economy? NEWS FLASH: That happened two years ago! Things can only get better.
-- Gays will never get the right to marry in Georgia? Hell, that's never gonna happen in this state even with a Democrat majority under the gold dome! And this is coming from me, a GAY MAN! Go figure.
-- Georgia has chosen a BOSS HOGG as governor? Hello! Did any of you see those offensive campaign ads of Roy Barnes and his horses?
-- The Reagan years all over again? Sure wish somebody would send some of that happiness MY way. This city and state were a literal BOOMTOWN during the Reagan Years.
-- It's the fault of dumb lazy Democrats who didn't get out and vote? Or in other words, the Republicans of this state are more civic-minded, informed on the issues and willing to do something as simple as GO VOTE! Sounds about right to me.

SERIOUSLY, you all seem to be forgetting that up until 8 years ago, this state had not elected a GOP governor since THE CIVIL WAR! Two Republicans since the start of the new Millenium hardly seems like the end of the world.

And while I'm not too keen on the idea of Nathan Deal inhabiting the Governor's Mansion for the next four years, I realize the guy has to stay somewhere. He's about to lose his Gainesville house after all. Besides, if it's the lesser of two evils, I'd rather have a Hall County chicken farmer who can't balance his checkbook on West Paces Ferry than a good ol' boy "country lawyer from Cobb County" who thinks if he goes on the TV, shows me his horses and ... talks ... real ... slow ... that I might be hick enough to vote for him.

AS FOR THE GOP TAKEOVER OF CONGRESS: I'm no expert on politics, but I could have told you on the day that Barack Obama took the oath of office that this election would swing things back in favor of the GOP. That's how politics work in this country! Some of you are acting all surprised that this happened. And you know what else? We're going to have a Republican president again come 2012. Go ahead and prepare yourselves for it. Move to Canada. Whatever.
Finally some sanity has been brought to this posting. Kudos to you for pointing out the OBVIOUS.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,811,909 times
Default Confirmation that Republicans vote!

According to this story in today's Fayette Citizen ...

Fayette voter turnout for Nov. 2 tops 60% | The Citizen

... more than 60 percent of registered voters down there cast a ballot in this election -- believed to be a record for a midterm. And in years when there is a presidential race on the ballot, voter turnout in Fayette County has approached 90 percent. And because Fayette has such a HIGH rate of voter registration (about 70 percent, much higher than in other metro counties) those record turnouts translate into LOTS of votes.

Guess it doesn't need pointing out that Fayette is overwhelmingly REPUBLICAN? For real, Democrats love to moan and complain about the sorry state of affairs and how it's just not fair that the GOP has such a firm grip on this state. But if you want to point a finger at the guilty party, go look in a mirror.

Democrats don't vote. Republicans do. Get it?

Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,829,684 times
I hate Politics. They all lie to get the Vote and when they get in office things Change.. If it wasnt for my Job my friends and some family I wouldnt be in GA period.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 AM

11 posts, read 23,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
This is interesting. Georgia HAS Atlanta, the other bubba states dont have an Atlanta, Charlotte & Nashville maybe, but Miss, Alabama, Louisana nothing there. I guess Georgia will never be as modern as Florida, New York, Cali or Texas
Well we have to wait and see what Mr. Deal can do or does. Lots of people say things when they run but then reality sets in.
Yes he's a good ol boy, but in other states you've got just as bad.

My attitude is is to live your life for you and not some low life narrow interested political party (all of them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta