U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM

133 posts, read 442,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuzz View Post
Good Post, but I'm gonna add a few things from a police officer's point of view. I'm deleting a lot and adding my stuff in red. If I want to expand, I'm leaving it in there and adding on afterwards. I hope I'm not too politically incorrect for you, though someone will problem complain.

I have a problem with you being a police officer and using terms such as "white trash." Rich kids can afford "better drugs?" You sound worse than Whitney Houston when she stated, "Crack is Wack! I make too much money to smoke crack!"

Since when is one drug better than the other when they are being abused???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM

77 posts, read 292,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LahdeeDahdee View Post
I have a problem with you being a police officer and using terms such as "white trash." Rich kids can afford "better drugs?" You sound worse than Whitney Houston when she stated, "Crack is Wack! I make too much money to smoke crack!"

Since when is one drug better than the other when they are being abused???
See, I knew someone would get upset with being politically incorrect. Well if it makes you feel any better, I was off the clock and sitting in my underwear when I typed that so I "technically" wasn't a police officer at the time .

I don't care if you don't like me using words like "white trash" as its not slanderous. If I used a few nastier words for someone's race (which I never have except to quote somebody while testifying in court and refuse to ever use), I could understand being upset. However, I could use those words if I wanted to because the first amendment is a beautiful thing.

Anyways, yes rich kids can afford better drugs, so do their rich parents. Better doesn't necessarily mean its right to do. If you go down to the poor areas of town and they have "skank" weed (basically weed with a bunch of seeds/stems....the cheapest possible weed out there). However, if you go to the more affluent places of town, there's a greater possibility of finding "BC Bud" weed (considered one of the most potent forms of marijuana). So, in essence, BC Bud is "better" than skank weed. This is also the same with powder cocaine because its considered better than crack. Though, I'll have to admit that Meth is just nasty, no matter where you are.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 AM

894 posts, read 3,891,847 times
Quote:

Anyways, yes rich kids can afford better drugs, so do their rich parents. Better doesn't necessarily mean its right to do. If you go down to the poor areas of town and they have "skank" weed (basically weed with a bunch of seeds/stems....the cheapest possible weed out there). However, if you go to the more affluent places of town, there's a greater possibility of finding "BC Bud" weed (considered one of the most potent forms of marijuana). So, in essence, BC Bud is "better" than skank weed. This is also the same with powder cocaine because its considered better than crack. Though, I'll have to admit that Meth is just nasty, no matter where you are.

Have to agree, coming from an upper middle class area in Florida. Everything is better in the burbs and abundant. Most parents have their blinders on, you know, "not my kid"

Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM

1,372 posts, read 4,756,548 times
Quote:
Good Post, but I'm gonna add a few things from a police officer's point of view. I'm deleting a lot and adding my stuff in red. If I want to expand, I'm leaving it in there and adding on afterwards. I hope I'm not too politically incorrect for you, though someone will problem complain.
you have made generalizations of many lovely areas.

Let me actually talk about the town I live and work in Acworth which is NOT CRACKWORTH for those of you who do not know
yes Acworth encompasses 4 counties
yes there is a small section in the city proper that has a drug issue (3 small city blocks) but mostly it is a very low crime residential area. there are good schools here and alot of new construction.

Last edited by jxu66; 08-01-2007 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM

61 posts, read 222,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
you have made generalizations of many lovely areas.

Let me actually talk about the town I live and work in Acworth which is NOT CRACKWORTH for those of you who do not know
yes Acworth encompasses 4 counties
yes there is a small section in the city proper that has a drug issue (3 small city blocks) but mostly it is a very low crime residential area. there are good schools here and alot of new construction.

ITA, my area of Acworth is pretty nice and new...and its right by the police station just in case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or