Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 AM

32 posts, read 77,886 times

Advertisements

What's with the gubernatorial candidates? Do they really think we're this stupid? The latest Barnes TV ad ends with "Hope they don't shoot ma cows!" - hyuk! And then Deal had the ad (that Barnes copied afterward) with the two "good 'ole boys" at the coffeeshop talkin bout da liberals and King Roy. Double hyuk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
I actually enjoy political ads. They're usually complete nonsense but they are fun.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,295 times
I can't stand them. They are doing just about as good for this state's reputation as Deliverance did.

Also, Barnes said something at a recent debate that made me cringe. Something like "a skunk telling a possum that his breath stinks." It's just not the kind of thing modern people say in a debate. This isn't 1810. it's 2010.

I don't have anything against southern accents in general but honestly, some just sound "dumber" than others in my opinion. And hokey aw shucks country boy phrases coming from a big city lawyer is just ridiculous. This is coming from someone born and raised in the south.

It's a choice between the lesser of two Bubbas.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:44 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,401,555 times
I personally think they should run a joint advertisement to go something like this: (Now close your eyes and picture these two drones on a front porch talking to you together)

"Howdy, I'm Roy Barnes! And I'm Nathan Deal! Each of us are running for Governor of Georgia, neither of us are worth a damn so we have decided to ask jointly for your vote. Yes Georgia, no matter which one of us wins, being the past failed Governor who's record was so bad he cannot run on it, or him, Nathan, the salvage yard owner who may have to file Chapter 7 because he cannot run his own familes finances,,,, well shucks! Y'all know what we mean! Don't matter no difference none, C'mon Georgia! Just come out and vote as many times as possible for one of us! Then bend over and prepare for our penetration! Yepper folks, you thought Sonny was bad? Shucks, were just like Obama! Ya' ain't seen nuttin yet!"

Hey Nathan? Yuz still chasin' those homeosexuals in the name of Jesus? Hee Hee Hee. Very funny Roy! Yuz still representing Jesus pro bono while he does your grass? Hee Hee Hee.

Yepper, November 2 is comin' close, so by golly make sure you are there. It's Tuesday! The day before hump day! Now C'mon Roy, don't say hump day, that just ain't natural.

Tomorrows advertisement will be Roy and Nate, win a date!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 PM

32 posts, read 77,886 times
Rofl

Old 10-24-2010, 12:40 PM

625 posts, read 1,148,924 times
It's the accents that make ME cringe. And thank GOD Norwood didnt' get elected mayor. 80% of Atlanta (which IS basically Georgia) does not have a southern accent. Talk about national embarrassments. Georgia has the most annoying southern accent of ALL the southern states.

We need federally mandated speech classes here.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,854 times
I think my IQ is higher than both of them combined... but it wouldn't take much to do that. God help Georgia.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM

106 posts, read 232,355 times
I hate to say this, but after meeting one of the potential Governor candidates one time, I was literally sick and disgusted with her level of immaturiy, and the dickweed arrogance she threw around in the room. It was that lady Karen C. Handel. I just remember thinking, afterwards, sometime later, is this the type of people that run our government? Power & Money my friends, it'll do funny things.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
It's the accents that make ME cringe. And thank GOD Norwood didnt' get elected mayor. 80% of Atlanta (which IS basically Georgia) does not have a southern accent. Talk about national embarrassments. Georgia has the most annoying southern accent of ALL the southern states.

Why does every white southern politician have the same exact accent?

It's always something like:

"Owwuh cunstityunts deesuv bettah than sum low rent, homuhsexyuhl librul Obamuh luvin', fayuld ex-guvnah like Rowee Barruhns."

Blond, Georgia has several distinct accents. Which one are you talking about? I can tolerate the Savannah style(think Blanche on Golden Girls) on women but the men all sound like...politicians. The appalachian accent is totally different and it is what I grew up hearing. I only think it fits old men and old women for some reason.

As far as New York, I think Cuomo has it locked down. I am going to run for mayor of Atlanta next time under the "The Water Bill is Too DAMN High" party.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,962 times
I disagree. Mississippi accents are even MORE annoying.

You ever heard Gubna Haley Barbour speak? It's like he has a mouth full of biscuits dipped in molasses. He still trying to enjoy the flavor while talking at the same time.

Now THAT'S annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta