U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM
DFJ

9 posts, read 25,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
Black, white, purple - who cares? As a 47 year Buckhead resident, I'm just glad they are leaving! Thanks to Ben Carter, John Williams, et al for redeveloping the area.
They are black. Again, political correctness is part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM

826 posts, read 2,734,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFJ View Post

Really? Only black people went to the clubs in Buckhead? Funny,whenever I would drive through that part of Buckhead, I saw a good mix of people(going to the clubs) with tags from all the surrounding counties.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 AM
DFJ

9 posts, read 25,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
Really? Only black people went to the clubs in Buckhead? Funny,whenever I would drive through that part of Buckhead, I saw a good mix of people(going to the clubs) with tags from all the surrounding counties.
Of course. Now who was shooting and stabbing people? Because that is what led to the laws being passed and the end of nightlife in the area and, some would argue, throughout Atlanta.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 AM

481 posts, read 2,549,415 times
Quit trying to feign morals and be politically correct.

We all know it wasn't the Chinese or the Jews or old-Buckhead-Republicans-from-West-Paces-Ferry who started stabbing people and set this whole chain of events into motion. There's no need to be so scared of being racist when it's the truth. No, all blacks are not criminals and hoodlums, that's ridiculous. But there's no getting around the fact that almost all of these troublemakers who caused these laws to get passed are black. That does not mean all blacks are like that and that does not mean whoever said that is being racist against blacks as a whole. Just a few hours ago on the late-night news guess what I saw on the news? A group of people arrested (they had guns too) in the Lenox Square parking lot in front of Macy's for dealing drugs. In plain view of customers leaving the mall. Big surprise - every single one of them was black.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:10 AM

<<Of course.>>
Sounds like you said everyone going to these clubs were black, which I state again isnt true. Where did you get this data indicating that 100% of the people going to the clubs in Buckhead were black.

<<We all know it wasn't the Chinese or the Jews or old-Buckhead-Republicans-from-West-Paces-Ferry who started stabbing people and set this whole chain of events into motion. There's no need to be so scared of being racist when it's the truth. No, all blacks are not criminals and hoodlums, that's ridiculous. But there's no getting around the fact that almost all of these troublemakers who caused these laws to get passed are black. That does not mean all blacks are like that and that does not mean whoever said that is being racist against blacks as a whole. Just a few hours ago on the late-night news guess what I saw on the news? A group of people arrested (they had guns too) in the Lenox Square parking lot in front of Macy's for dealing drugs. In plain view of customers leaving the mall. Big surprise - every single one of them was black.>>

I thought the clubs were closed because of the noise? Seems to me that would be the fault of the owners? Why didn’t the owners stop playing hip-hop. I am sure they didn’t like all the violence at their clubs. Or were all of the owners black too? Since posters have indicated the Hip Hop black crowd was causing the problems in Buckhead. I am questioning the poster indicating how one race of people got the clubs in Buckhead shut down? See we can go round and round with this debate. I was disputing the poster indicating 100% of the club patrons were black.

Last edited by Merin; 07-11-2007 at 02:22 AM..

Old 07-11-2007, 04:16 AM

61 posts, read 201,110 times
What i observed is that the % of the hip-hop crowd actually going into bars and spending money was very small, this was confirmed by many bar owners. Most of them would pile in a suv and drive around in circles all night blasting music a earth-shattering volumes and stopping to yell "hey baby" to almost every female. I remember one night, the intersection at peachtree and pharr was bumper to bumper with cars for miles and an ambulence was blasting it's sirens and getting nowhere, while people in cars didn't even hear the sirens cause the music was so loud, they were too busy yelling "hey baby". What if you were in the ambulence and minutes from death?

Regardless of the above issues, it is sad to see less and less casual places where you can wear jeans and get a cheap pitcher of beer- it is all turning into beverly hills.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 AM
JPD

11,874 posts, read 14,474,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
I was disputing the poster indicating 100% of the club patrons were black.
Please point out where someone suggested that.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 AM

738 posts, read 607,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyYall View Post
What i observed is that the % of the hip-hop crowd actually going into bars and spending money was very small, this was confirmed by many bar owners. Most of them would pile in a suv and drive around in circles all night blasting music a earth-shattering volumes and stopping to yell "hey baby" to almost every female. I remember one night, the intersection at peachtree and pharr was bumper to bumper with cars for miles and an ambulence was blasting it's sirens and getting nowhere, while people in cars didn't even hear the sirens cause the music was so loud, they were too busy yelling "hey baby". What if you were in the ambulence and minutes from death?

Regardless of the above issues, it is sad to see less and less casual places where you can wear jeans and get a cheap pitcher of beer- it is all turning into beverly hills.
Hallelujah too! I'm tired of trying to go out to a respectable restaurant on the weekend and have the area overrun with "master-of-the-universe-wannabees" and their female equivalents (of any race) acting like they were raised in a barn by wolves. As another poster said, the car tags are from all of the surrounding counties - find someplace closer to your home to screw up people!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 AM

When the poster indicated they were glad the people were gone regarless of race:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Please point out where someone suggested that.
Black, white, purple - who cares? As a 47 year Buckhead resident, I'm just glad they are leaving! Thanks to Ben Carter, John Williams, et al for redeveloping the area.

Your response was:

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Hallelujah too! I'm tired of trying to go out to a respectable restaurant on the weekend and have the area overrun with "master-of-the-universe-wannabees" and their female equivalents (of any race) acting like they were raised in a barn by wolves. As another poster said, the car tags are from all of the surrounding counties - find someplace closer to your home to screw up people!
I agree. They are awful to the waitstaff and do nothing but complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or