U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM

54 posts, read 149,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
Not true at all my friend! Thursday nights they have a Upscale Urban w/different promoters on those nights out of the month & Saturday Nights (Busiest Night) at Opera Dj Kemit plays Hip-Hop, Top 40, Pop...

Opera Atlanta Dance Club and Atlanta Night Life in Midtown ATL

Creative Loafing Atlanta | Music | Opera: Luxury club loosens up

Everything will be hip hop before it is all over in Atlanta some way or another no coincidence there. A good techno or dance club will never be in Atlanta again. Unless someone just forces it and sticks to there guns ! The hip hop stuff is cool but there definitley needs to be more variety in a city the size of Atlanta. Which is part of the reason why I left, when you go to a club you want to be around solely people that have something in common with you. It is hard to find clubs like that there with a true identity which really sucks. All the different nights is nothing more than a viable situation for the promoters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,452,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
I guess I'll clarify and say Eleven50 was better. You could go and regularly see Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, Oakenfold, PvD, Hybrid, etc

And the temp IT jobs thing in Atlanta bugged the hell out of me. Everyone hires contractors, perm jobs are impossible to get in Atlanta (seemingly).
You can still see all of those acts at Opera...normally they play on Friday and other days of the week besides Saturday and Thursday.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I guess I'll clarify and say Eleven50 was better. You could go and regularly see Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, Oakenfold, PvD, Hybrid, etc

And the temp IT jobs thing in Atlanta bugged the hell out of me. Everyone hires contractors, perm jobs are impossible to get in Atlanta (seemingly).

VampGrrl you have done the right thing relocating to New Orleans. If you are a fan of European music like I am. And different DJ's Atlanta is not the place. It is not consistent enough anymore for that type of crowd. They fit these people in for a night and move on back to the regular top 40 and hip hop music . Also you can't really get a good dance party started with a last call at 2:30am I know I couldn't . And they are pretty brutal about people leaving on time too. Here is a article that pretty much will put the truth on this forum and CBS News doesn't lie. And obviously they are not aware of the fact that Buckhead's club scene has been demolished to the ground. Which makes this story even more accurate and devastating in a sense ! Everyone has there opinion about things but when a article like this is printed that is a pretty horrible thing. Theres not too much defense anyone can have on something like this, it speaks in volumes !

Is Atlanta Boring?, Officials Defend City's Tourist Attractions - CBS News

Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM

1,367 posts, read 1,571,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arish View Post
VampGrrl you have done the right thing relocating to New Orleans. If you are a fan of European music like I am. And different DJ's Atlanta is not the place. It is not consistent enough anymore for that type of crowd. They fit these people in for a night and move on back to the regular top 40 and hip hop music . Also you can't really get a good dance party started with a last call at 2:30am I know I couldn't . And they are pretty brutal about people leaving on time too. Here is a article that pretty much will put the truth on this forum and CBS News doesn't lie. And obviously they are not aware of the fact that Buckhead's club scene has been demolished to the ground. Which makes this story even more accurate and devastating in a sense ! Everyone has there opinion about things but when a article like this is printed that is a pretty horrible thing. Theres not too much defense anyone can have on something like this, it speaks in volumes !

Is Atlanta Boring?, Officials Defend City's Tourist Attractions - CBS News

First of all that is an AP story from 2000

secondly, the main point of it is that theres no nightlife Downtown which noone would deny.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:01 PM

738 posts, read 606,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
I'm glad they're making Buckhead into the Rodeo Drive of the South. That area needs more high-end, expensive, materialistic shopping.
Yep, but it beats the hell out of a bunch of drunk, loud-mouthed materialistic, Master-of-the-Universe wannabees.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,581,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
Yep, but it beats the hell out of a bunch of drunk, loud-mouthed materialistic, Master-of-the-Universe wannabees.
Ditto on that.

I do have to agree with an earlier comment that if someone spends a million dollars on a home (or more), the last thing they want is to hear the thumpthumpthump of loud music coming from cars endlessly driving up and down the road in front of the clubs.

The fact is, this area of Buckhead is more residential than business. There have been a line of businesses along Peachtree for decades, but residences have been smack behind them as well, with more and more having been built recently. It's really just a higher dollar residential area with a village sized shopping area - and not the place for loud clubbing.

Clubs belong in a more industrial area where everything can go nuts and hang out and not cause problems for nearby residents. There are areas they could do this in within the city but haven't. Those who are truly interested in building world class (or at least trendy) clubs should put their money where their mouths are and buy up a blighted area and turn it into a walkable nightclub district.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-10-2008 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM

595 posts, read 2,099,784 times
I dont think something can be just turned into a clubbing district by building something...

I just don't see any hope for Atlanta outside of being another Houston...its a business city, good for families and hellish commute times.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I dont think something can be just turned into a clubbing district by building something...

I just don't see any hope for Atlanta outside of being another Houston...its a business city, good for families and hellish commute times.

We can't beat a dead horse, Atlanta was once a fun city it will never return !

Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arish View Post
We can't beat a dead horse, Atlanta was once a fun city it will never return !
I was living in Chicago for a while and moved ck to Montgomery to get the house sold. Moving to Atlanta after. Wish me luck! I've been throgh hell. You just don't know. Can't wait to talk to you aain one day.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 AM

727 posts, read 1,036,623 times
Am I the only one who thinks Underground has potential?

Like with everything downtown the answer to its problems is Georgia State.

Georgia State is doing a great job revitalizing downtown. Underground could feed off of Georgia State and be a place where the students go to party.

I was at underground about a week ago and I saw mabye 2 or three open bar spaces in the Kenny's Ally Area. It would be nice if a bar entreponeur opened a georgia state based club/bar in one of those spaces to bring some life back into underground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or