U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM

28,148 posts, read 24,687,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Aerotropolis will be next to the new international terminal. They are going to have a bus that will pick up people at the new terminal and bring them to Aerotropolis to shop and eat while they are waiting on their flight. Over 4.4 million people board international flights each year so....
That is very cool. It looks to me like Aerotropolis is only about a mile as the crow flies from the new terminal, and maybe 1.5 miles via roads. An easy bus trip, but even better if they could get a people-mover like the one that goes to CONRAC. I'd personally be more likely to hop on a little train car like that than to take a shuttle.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,409,749 times
They will probably have several buses running at the same time. The wait time should be no longer than 5-10mins.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM

They have started the ground work for the Civil & Human Rights Museum in Downtown

Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM

394 posts, read 550,831 times
Well, it seems like construction is poised to start picking back up in Atlanta starting this upcoming Spring/Summer/Fall. I'm really excited to see a few things get started like the downtown streetcar, the Civil Rights museum, Emory Point and Streets of Buckhead. Hopefully, Novare will get started on those mid-rise apartments as soon as they pick a site. I'm sure you guys can touch on some other upcoming projects that I missed.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Well, it seems like construction is poised to start picking back up in Atlanta starting this upcoming Spring/Summer/Fall. I'm really excited to see a few things get started like the downtown streetcar, the Civil Rights museum, Emory Point and Streets of Buckhead. Hopefully, Novare will get started on those mid-rise apartments as soon as they pick a site. I'm sure you guys can touch on some other upcoming projects that I missed.

Piedmont Park Expansion
Ga Aquarium Expansion
College Football HOF

Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Piedmont Park Expansion
Ga Aquarium Expansion
College Football HOF
Thank you, TonyGa! Are there any updates on when construction will start for the Midtown "dual-branded" Hilton Hotel?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 PM

Does anyone have any new info on the Skyline at Lindbergh condo development? I know that its' been delayed for quite sometime.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,777,880 times
Quote:
Does anyone have any new info on the Skyline at Lindbergh condo development? I know that its' been delayed for quite sometime.
The original developers from Chicago recently sold the site. The new developers are going to demolish what is built and construct a five story apartment building wrapped around parking. I think ground breaking is coming up soon.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The original developers from Chicago recently sold the site. The new developers are going to demolish what is built and construct a five story apartment building wrapped around parking. I think ground breaking is coming up soon.
Thank you, John! At least something is getting built there. Do you have anymore details on this new development (a website, will it have retail, etc etc)?

Here is a link I just found, regarding the proposed apartments:

http://www.bisnow.com/atlanta_news_story.php?p=9327

Please note that this link is almost a year old.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you, TonyGa! Are there any updates on when construction will start for the Midtown "dual-branded" Hilton Hotel?

no updates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta