U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 AM

128 posts, read 243,602 times

Advertisements

i was born in Lawrenceville and lived in buford. i go and visit both often, but i do love buford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 16,304 times
Buford city schools have an excellent reputation. You would need to check the school statistics for any area before buying. I would favor Buford and Woodstock of the cities you mentioned.

You would be able to find houses in your price range in each of those cities.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM

276 posts, read 1,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
If you want Buford City schools, make sure that the house that you buy is in the Buford City limits and not in unincorporated Gwinnett county. Just because the address is "Buford" doesn't mean that it is actually within the city limits. BTW, I believe that North Gwinnett's test scores are higher than Buford's, but I do not know that for sure.
I found this out while we were in Buford this past week. All the houses we looked at were in N Gwinnette County schools which we were told were good schools overall...I really would love my daughter to go to school where I actually live and the schools that are in the town but I cant seem to find any subdivisons/homes in the area that Buford schools belong...Any help would be awesome and much appreciated. We are going back within a month to hopefully purchase a home so it would be really cool if we could find a house that we love that is in the Buford school district itself...Thanks ,...Lisa

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,230,654 times
You need to buy a Gwinnett County Map, like the ADP maps or Rand McNally - you can get them on Amazon (just make sure it is the most recent edition. The maps have the city limits marked on them, usually in yellow. Unlike other areas of the country, most people in metro Atanta do not live within a city, but rather unincorporated county.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM

276 posts, read 1,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
If you want Buford City schools, make sure that the house that you buy is in the Buford City limits and not in unincorporated Gwinnett county. Just because the address is "Buford" doesn't mean that it is actually within the city limits. BTW, I believe that North Gwinnett's test scores are higher than Buford's, but I do not know that for sure.
Do you know where I can find such addresses ....I def want buford schools. I was there last week and saw many houses and not one were in Buford city. do you have zip codes by chance that would assure Buford schools?
Thanks so much
Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or