U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM

100 posts, read 358,736 times

Advertisements

Why does Atlanta only have one newspaper out there? Is the AJC trying to market their product to you know bitter white people who dont like a city being run by black people? From what I have read it seems that they dont favor Atlanta being predominantly black. It is like the AJC has some sort of agenda. Basically a lot of the articles that are written by the columnists have some form of negativity towards black people. There is hardly any positive spin or the real facts are not even mentioned

It appears as if some news comes up that would damage the reputation of black people they will just put a negative twist, like the mayor and how they would want a white man to run for mayor. Just recently some good news came for the star QB for the Falcons, who is black, yet not even one positive atricle was written about it and what was just written today instead was a way for the organization to get rid of his contract. This is just bad journalism.

Any other newspapers in the A, because even thoughtthere might be some good columnists who tell it like it who work for the AJC, there is no doubt that most of their staff wants to see whatever "agenda" they have become a reality.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Last edited by xenourtv; 07-09-2007 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 PM

61 posts, read 201,015 times
newspapers usually only write positive stuff when they run out of crime stories etc...
The new york times tried to start a second news paper around 1991-the gwinnett daily news-it was a great paper and it sold for 10 cents, but the AJC went to war with them and basically offered their paper for free to people. NYT which has very deep pockets, decided they could not compete with the AJC's ruthless, monopolistic tactics.
The AJC has always been owned by the Cox family who are staunch democrats. Their senior editor, cynthia tucker, is a black woman, and she writes many of the "anti-black" editorials. I agree with her "bill cosby" type opinions, which sometimes say "people need to quit playing the race card" etc.

Last edited by HowdyYall; 07-09-2007 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: info

Old 07-09-2007, 06:16 PM

2,816 posts, read 9,195,114 times
There are quite a few local papers to get your news or the "real news". The Gwinnett Post, Barrow County News, etc.
I kindly refer to the AJC as something else besides the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. It's yellow journalism at it's finest

Old 07-09-2007, 06:34 PM

29 posts, read 94,827 times
Default AJC is a non professional far left rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
Why does Atlanta only have one newspaper out there? Is the AJC trying to market their product to you know bitter white people who dont like a city being run by black people? From what I have read it seems that they dont favor Atlanta being predominantly black. It is like the AJC has some sort of agenda. Basically a lot of the articles that are written by the columnists have some form of negativity towards black people. There is hardly any positive spin or the real facts are not even mentioned

It appears as if some news comes up that would damage the reputation of black people they will just put a negative twist, like the mayor and how they would want a white man to run for mayor. Just recently some good news came for the star QB for the Falcons, who is black, yet not even one positive atricle was written about it and what was just written today instead was a way for the organization to get rid of his contract. This is just bad journalism.

Any other newspapers in the A, because even thoughtthere might be some good columnists who tell it like it who work for the AJC, there is no doubt that most of their staff wants to see whatever "agenda" they have become a reality.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN
aaaaaaaaaaa

Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM

101 posts, read 257,732 times
xenourtv, I don't even know what you are ranting about. First off the AJC is a junky newpaper because of the lack of content. So what do most people do? They read New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post. The AJC and most local newspapers in this country are corrupt/biased by local groups. For instance, the AJC hates Georgia Tech. They worship the ground that UGA walks on. I remember one day that Georgia Tech won a game in the Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament and that story was a sub-heading under the UGA women's volleyball team winning a regular season game.

I understand your disgust, but just quit complaining and subscribe to a quality newspaper like the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, or USA Today.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 PM

425 posts, read 1,560,418 times
AJC is one of the more progressive and left-leaning newspapers around. I would think that Cox would be pro-Atlanta and its government.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 PM

5,802 posts, read 15,481,875 times
Newspapers are changing. Many big cities have only 1 or 2 newspapers. There are plenty of "local" type papers - 6-day-a-week dailies, or weekly newspapers (the Neighbor Newspapers around Atlanta) that concentrate on local news for the suburbs. Everybody is competing for an advertising dollar that is more and more being sunk into internet and TV media. Fewer people now read...lots more are on the internet posting nonsense like this.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,446,043 times
I've found Creative Loafing to be more entertaining and the local news or the Internet to offer better local coverage.

Surprisingly, the AJC website is still my wife's homepage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or