Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 PM

121 posts, read 371,493 times

Advertisements

Trestletree village apartments, section 8 housing, any idea of when the city will dispose of this property? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

also, there are a row of abandon shops off of confederate ave near grant park. Does anyone know if there are plans to renovate or just tear down?

Thansk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbarker View Post
Trestletree village apartments, section 8 housing, any idea of when the city will dispose of this property? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

also, there are a row of abandon shops off of confederate ave near grant park. Does anyone know if there are plans to renovate or just tear down?

Thansk!
I have no idea about the apartments. As far as those shops, I heard a rumor a while back that the Brickstore Pub was going to open another pub there. If I recall correctly, there are numerous reputable sources for that rumor, including a dead link on their site. However, that rumor has been floating around for at least a couple years. My theory is that the economy may have sunk it, at least for the time being.

I have no idea how they are going to handle parking at that site(there's no lot) and the building looks kind of small for a full fledged gastropub.

It would be pretty cool to have one close by but the Midway does a good job of providing a variety of beer in this area.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 PM

461 posts, read 1,068,805 times
No idea on the shops, I know they fall into the Grant Park Historic District so that may have something to do with them sitting there.
Tressletree was allegedly going up for sale towards the end of last year but it didn't happen. I know a couple of developers ready to pounce on that when it does. It really is an eyesore and although it is pretty isolated from the rest of the community, it has a lot of issues to say the least.
As a side note, a gay church that used to be on Moreland (can't remember the name) bought the vacant church right next to those shops on Confederate and have moved in, which is great, one less vacant thing on that corner.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:03 AM

121 posts, read 371,493 times
I would love to see a bar and maybe coffee shop in those abandoned shops. I belive Confederate is busy enough to have shops there, and plus there are a couple bus stops right there.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 PM

7 posts, read 17,132 times
as for the commercial property, the brick store owners are apparently pretty close to renovating and opening it up (there is even a facebook page begging them to do just that). as for trestletree, I live on ormewood and pray all the time that it will be bought and developed. does anyone know if it has ever officially been on the market?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:57 PM

5 posts, read 10,940 times
ah yes, lets get nasty and burn down the ghetto, but not just the abandoned stuff, how bout all of it? i mean, why aren't there more coffee shops? Get rid of those zestos, bring in the starbucks.
"gentrification is a wonderful thing" is the message i get here

Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 AM

444 posts, read 703,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I have no idea how they are going to handle parking at that site(there's no lot) and the building looks kind of small for a full fledged gastropub.
Must EVERY place in Atlanta have parking...?

Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMike88 View Post
ah yes, lets get nasty and burn down the ghetto, but not just the abandoned stuff, how bout all of it? i mean, why aren't there more coffee shops? Get rid of those zestos, bring in the starbucks.
"gentrification is a wonderful thing" is the message i get here
I believe SAND actually had an initiative to make Trestletree safer. I can't speak for the people in this thread, but the issue the neighbors had was not the income level of the people living there, it was the safety concerns. This most likely contributes to the abandoned houses and commercial space in the area.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,181 times
I live and Pastor in Grant Park. We started working with the families of Trestle Tree nearly a year ago, and I'd like all of you to consider that Trestle Tree is a place that houses PEOPLE, not nameless, faceless statistics. There are 50+ children there, and our church shows love to, and has relationships with nearly all of them and their families. They are not a "project" for us, or some "do-good so I can feel better about me initiative." They are a part of our church, our family, and our community. This saddens me greatly to hear you guys long for coffee shops and bars while peoples lives hang in the balance. Click this link to this video we just had produced, maybe seeing faces will soften your hearts and curb your desire to "get rid of the eye sore." No advertising

-Leonce Crump
removed - do not post personal email addresses here.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 01-30-2012 at 08:26 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 08:34 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Must EVERY place in Atlanta have parking...?
Uhhhhhh...
yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: