U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 AM

394 posts, read 550,745 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I just registered to this site, though I've been a lurker for many years. I can remember when the posters on this forum used to be a lot more conservative and I am glad to witness a more liberal tilt these days. I currently live in the New York area (been here on and off for about 10 years) and I am originally from Georgia. I thought what better way to introduce myself than through a light thread about American Deli wings? Seriously, they have got to have the BEST wings that I've ever had in my life. For those of you out there that have had the pleasure of experiencing American Deli wings, what location do you frequent and what is your favorite flavor? I look forward to seeing your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 12:18 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,117,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Hi all,

I just registered to this site, though I've been a lurker for many years. I can remember when the posters on this forum used to be a lot more conservative and I am glad to witness a more liberal tilt these days. I currently live in the New York area (been here on and off for about 10 years) and I am originally from Georgia. I thought what better way to introduce myself than through a light thread about American Deli wings? Seriously, they have got to have the BEST wings that I've ever had in my life. For those of you out there that have had the pleasure of experiencing American Deli wings, what location do you frequent and what is your favorite flavor? I look forward to seeing your responses.
You are definitely correct that American Deli has the best wings in ATL. I frequent the new location off of Peachtree Industrial BLVD in Chamblee. My favorite flavor is lemon pepper.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:31 PM

My favorite flavor is also lemon pepper (probably subject to change). Although the teriyaki wings are pretty damn good. I had my first ADWs when I last visited Atlanta in October. I wished we had those wings up here. The fries are awesome as well, might I add.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:57 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,117,059 times
You mean this site was MORE conservative than it is now!?!

That's a scary thought. From looking at how things are now, it must have been a pretty Antarctic environment for a progressive/liberal poster when the city-data forums first started.

Quote:
Hi all,

Old 11-20-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm more of a Wingnuts fan, personally.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM

4,147 posts, read 5,741,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'm more of a Wingnuts fan, personally.
We have one coming down the street. I assumed, it was just one store. I may have read wingnutz though.

Idk bout american deli having the best. They are ok.

Went to this place off highway 85 in clayton county and they were pretty good.

Last edited by PKCorey; 11-20-2010 at 03:30 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 02:43 PM

"Went to this place off highway 85 in clayton county and they were pretyy good. "

PKCorey, what you know bout Clay Co...lol? Just kidding.

"That's a scary thought. From looking at how things are now, it must have been a pretty Antarctic environment for a progressive/liberal poster when the city-data forums first started."

AcidSnake, oh my goodness, reading this forum used to be the most frustrating thing because it wasn't balanced. Now, I can always count on you guys to counter all the BS spewed. You all represent ATL well. I love it!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
AcidSnake, oh my goodness, reading this forum used to be the most frustrating thing because it wasn't balanced. Now, I can always count on you guys to counter all the BS spewed. You all represent ATL well. I love it!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 PM

4,147 posts, read 5,741,573 times
Quote:
"Went to this place off highway 85 in clayton county and they were pretyy good. "

PKCorey, what you know bout Clay Co...lol? Just kidding.
Nothing but I do know the wing store beside the Shell station and across from the RaceTrac was good as hell .

Old 11-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Nothing but I do know the wing store beside the Shell station and across from the RaceTrac was good as hell .
Oh no...NOT the wing store over by the gas station... You definitely go hard. Let me find out.

Why is some of the best fried food sold next to gas stations...lol? J/k.

You know, people have asked what is Atlanta's equivalent of New York style pizza, NoLa Po'Boy, Philly Cheesesteak Sand, etc. I would say that wings would probably be Atlanta's equivalent street food, because they are sold in many regular hoods with good quality.

Of course, they are techinically "Buffalo" wings, but the Atlanta region seem to have a different spin on them with the different varieties, flavors and high quality. As Downtown and Midtown get more street kiosks and street food truck vendors, it would be nice to see American Deli quality wings become the standard.

Last edited by NYbyWAYofGA; 11-20-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta