U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Estimate what percentage of ATL area black women would be open to a (non dorky, urban) white guy.
0-5 percent 7 21.21%
5-10 percent 5 15.15%
10-20 percent 4 12.12%
20-30 percent 5 15.15%
30-40 percent 1 3.03%
40-50 percent 3 9.09%
50 percent + 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 PM

7,797 posts, read 11,731,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsheely View Post
This is the second post from you in this topic I have read, maybe you should go find a black girl and ask her. See what she says. Most black girls love me and I'm white and have dated numerous times outside my race. A hint is to not look at it like that, you need to look at it like dang there is an attractive girl I'll go talk to her, not dang theres a black girl I'll go talk to her.
LOL, bingo. There's no way to figure out what percentage of black women in Atlanta date white men but it is more than just a few. The chance is reduced to 0.0% when you frame the question in the form of the thread question.

Like everyone else, the thing you have to be concerned about having game. If you have game, nothing else matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM

62 posts, read 119,005 times
Quote:
One thing I am curious about but don't wanna get in trouble but alot or almost all of the black females I've met that dated white guys the white guy, (me included) usually has red hair?? I know other white guys who have dated black females but it's almost always a bigger red hair guy?? Also I'd like to point out that where I'm from is a lower to middle class area at best which is very mixed, almost 50/50 on the east side of indy. So it may not be the same in ATL where there may be more of an upper class or at least more middle class mix of people. So my experience may be different but it is my experience.
No I don't have red hair and I'm glad, I have blonde/light brown hair.
I just wish had more of it, damn thinning and receeding hair.

Here's a pic of my mane...and my myfittedsDOTcom exclusive custom Vancouver Grizzlies fitted, limited to 36!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...nethugs006.jpg

Why are you talking about Indy in the ATL forum? Have you been to ATL yet or are you just planning on visiting/moving here like I am?

Quote:
This is the second post from you in this topic I have read, maybe you should go find a black girl and ask her. See what she says. Most black girls love me and I'm white and have dated numerous times outside my race. A hint is to not look at it like that, you need to look at it like dang there is an attractive girl I'll go talk to her, not dang theres a black girl I'll go talk to her.
I was planning on walking up to her in Tim Meadows "The Ladies' Man" voice and saying; "girl, yo blackness is turnin' my white ass on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Believe me I have many friends who are in a relationship with a black woman.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
..I agree with this totally. But Im not mad at him for being a lil inquisitive. I do also believe that the poll would offer a glimpse into open-mindedness and could be asked of all shades.
Anything came be broken down into numbers, I just want to see if numbers can help me avoid a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Why don't you get off your computer and go see for yourself? I'd be willing to be that if you went to a black club and approached 100 girls in one night you would find at least one that would be into you. Taking polls on a website isn't getting anything done.
A hundred girls? What am I the hunchback of Notre Dame?
Can't get anywhere now, no liscense and I'm so far out in the country there's no bus service.

Quote:
I'm also curious as to how many black women you've actually ever been around?? I feel like you may have watched to many youtube videos or read on to many internet websites, they are just people some of whom may be into you some of whom may not be. Its not like doing research for a project or a sociological study.
You mean those sites with the black girls who are willing to let white guys do anything to them aren't real?

I once went to a co-ed basketball camp when I was 14 and followed around this one girl like a lost puppy dog, we ate lunch together and such, she was annoyed by me but too nice to say it.
I've checked her out on the internet since, she's real into being black, kinda afro-centric.
I'm just worried about the history of the south and if tensions are still high.

Why can't it be like doing research for a project or a sociological study?
Isn't that what we're all doing here when we research a new town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL, bingo. There's no way to figure out what percentage of black women in Atlanta date white men but it is more than just a few. The chance is reduced to 0.0% when you frame the question in the form of the thread question.

Like everyone else, the thing you have to be concerned about having game. If you have game, nothing else matters.
I asked for an estimate! Like how many of them seem like they hate white people?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm miserable, plz let me View Post
I asked for an estimate! Like how many of them seem like they hate white people?
Although my last post was mostly in jest, I'm serious when I say there is no easy way to figure that out especially when you are considering several hundred thousand people. I could throw out a percentage (my guess is around 5% or a little lower), but it wouldn't mean much. On the other hand it is not uncommon at all here and especially so in the younger generation (teens and 20s).

Not for nothing, most of my single black women friends are more concerned about finding a nice guy with a stable job and that isn't gay. Seeing as how that's hard to find then skin color is pretty low down on the priority list.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Okay you go from saying to 5 percent or lower to saying color isn't much of an issue, me confused.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Okay you go from saying to 5 percent or lower to saying color isn't much of an issue, me confused.
Well, considering that there are almost 2 million black folks in Atlanta with more than half being women, 5% isn't really that small amount of people. Also, I find the amount it occurs and societies ability to handle it to be two separate issues. I'm in an inter-cultural relationship myself and while I do not feel like we get stares when we go out and disapproving nods, we definitely are in the minority of couples. Basically, it may not happen a lot, but that's not because people are wary of it (to me at least).

Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

152 posts, read 237,782 times
The Internet has any number of match sites in which the Atlanta area is probably well represented. Why not put an ad on one or more of those indicating your interest ?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 PM

^Women who need the internet to get dates are dogs, that's why.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:37 PM

2,564 posts, read 3,586,921 times
Quote:
^Women who need the internet to get dates are dogs, that's why.
And guys who need to move to other cities to get dates are what?

Seriously though, there are all sorts of women who use online dating. A lot couldn't get a date at a blind oil workers camp in Barrow, Alaska but some are actually attractive and intelligent. They're just busy and don't have the patience for other methods of meeting people. A lot are new to the area too.

And to address the original issue: from what I've read from your posts, and from what you've pretty much admitted, you are a white guy who identifies more with black culture and in a sense "acts black." At least it seems that way. There's nothing wrong with that but I think you may be trying too hard with it. I don't really know how receptive the black women who date white guys in Atlanta are to white guys like you. I'm sure there are some that love it but most I know date "normal" white guys. I'm trying to say it in as PC a way as possible but I think black women who date white guys are attracted to them as much as how they act as how they look. A lot of white women date black men for the same reason. Of course nowadays people are bound to defy stereotypes and do it every day.

I've gotten plenty of attention from black women but I'm a stereotypical dorky white guy.

Last edited by DTL3000; 11-23-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM

I don't need to move, I want to move, I've turned down chicks before, I'm not Mexican.
I just don't like the flavors of the northwest, the women are all kinda fishy.

Maybe I'll fuddledunk with a dating site out of curiosity, I still can't believe people will meet someone off the internet, that's just weird to me, you never know who's really behind the monitor.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM

2,564 posts, read 3,586,921 times
Quote:
I don't need to move, I want to move, I've turned down chicks before, I'm not Mexican.
I just don't like the flavors of the northwest, the women are all kinda fishy.

Maybe I'll fuddledunk with a dating site out of curiosity, I still can't believe people will meet someone off the internet, that's just weird to me, you never know who's really behind the monitor.
You gotta be open minded and explore all options though. How is meeting a stranger online different from approaching someone in the grocery store or something like that. At least you know if you have something in common through these dating sites.

I can understand the way you feel about women in a certain area. I prefer the directness of New York women to the relatively reserved southern women but I realize Atlanta is a big city and all types live here. You just have to try harder if you are looking for a specific type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or