U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 PM

7 posts, read 20,487 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the info. I'll check out the areas you recommended. What about Buford County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 04:26 PM

138 posts, read 544,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Enos View Post
Thanks for all the info. I'll check out the areas you recommended. What about Buford County?
Buford is actually a city in Gwinnett County. I've lived in Buford for the past 9 years. It is a great place. My wife and I have 2 young sons and my oldest (5 years old) has been on several t-ball/baseball teams, participated in karate lessons in downtown Buford, swim lessons, etc. etc.

The Mall of Georgia is right down the street and it is incredible. Every restaurant chain and store you can think of.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
Default BillDeMARTINI -- help with Karate in Buford!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdemartini View Post
Buford is actually a city in Gwinnett County. I've lived in Buford for the past 9 years. It is a great place. My wife and I have 2 young sons and my oldest (5 years old) has been on several t-ball/baseball teams, participated in karate lessons in downtown Buford, swim lessons, etc. etc.

The Mall of Georgia is right down the street and it is incredible. Every restaurant chain and store you can think of.

Hi, I saw your reply to someone about the activities you have found for your kids in Buford. My niece wants to take karate and I'm trying to help my sister (her mom) find a good place (in Buford, Sugar Hill or nearby). Were you happy with the karate lessons your child got? If so, can you please send me a note or reply on here as to where these karate lessons took place? Thanks so much! - Lindsay

Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,588,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay2365 View Post
Hi, I saw your reply to someone about the activities you have found for your kids in Buford. My niece wants to take karate and I'm trying to help my sister (her mom) find a good place (in Buford, Sugar Hill or nearby). Were you happy with the karate lessons your child got? If so, can you please send me a note or reply on here as to where these karate lessons took place? Thanks so much! - Lindsay
Lindsay...

The last post in this thread was in July of 2007 - one year ago. So you're replying to a year-old thread.

People here tend to not read old threads once they see the original dates. Most likely the person you are asking your question to will never see this. If you have a question about karate classes it would be best to start a whole new thread in the room - you will get more answers that way, plus, you won't be reviving old threads into the room

For future reference, thread post dates are in the upper-left corner of each posting, so you can see how young/old the posts are.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 PM

63 posts, read 189,482 times
One more quick not about areas - Alpharetta is a great area, Johns Creek, Suwanee and Cumming as well. There are many homes on the market right now and we have seen some great incentives being offered as well. My husband is from CA and I am a Yankee, and I think you will find a lot of transplants here since may people have relocated here for jobs. Will you have time to come out and look for a few days? I would suggest checking out each one of these cities and looking at homes/neighborhoods to see what really appeals to you the most.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:53 AM

29 posts, read 124,688 times
We are in the northern unincorporated area of Dacula, between Dacula and Buford. The Mall of Georgia is 7 miles away. Hamilton Mill shopping is 4 miles away. There is quite a bit of new retail development going on within 3-4 miles. The houses in our subdivision (Ivey Chase) have nice sized lots (we are on .6 acres) and there are several for sale. There are indeed some nice areas in those that Jenny mentions, it just depends on what you are looking for. We wanted a fairly new house with some space in a semi-country area. We must have looked at 50 houses over the 3 visits we made out here from So. Calif. Now that we have been here 8 months, we are very happy with our choice...

Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM

34 posts, read 97,843 times
The Dacula and Buford areas are barely in metro Atlanta. I'm guessing they are a good 35-40 miles from Atlanta, so they are really exurbs, not suburbs.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM

321 posts, read 980,643 times
I believe that [JennySells] is right. Please come here and visit before you make any decisions! I'm from San Luis Obispo, do you know where that is? My friends in CA are still in (Fresno, Modesto, Visalia, Stockton, Sonora, Morgan Hill) to name a few.

I rented here back in 1991 for 1 year. I moved to NE Cobb County (perhaps not the proximity of convenience for you) where I purchased a home in 1992. I like living up here, however I'm gone 3-4 days per week travelling for business.

Every place has good, not-so-good and down right [bad]. In my opinion, it will be an adjustment from California to Georgia. It still is for me after 17 years. No place is perfect and if you're looking for that ... you obviously won't find it.

Some of your questions are better answered in private. Some posters were being a bit disingenous about some very pertinent things that you asked.

As a native Californian, be happy to provide you with any info you'd like. Look at my profile and let me know how to reach you.

BTW, when I retire ... I'm going back to San Luis Obispo. Home is home. And NO place like it! (or CA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or