U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:02 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Excuse me? Whoever said anything about Atlanta being the best city in the world? Gaylanta? Yes-the city does have a thriving gay population. Got a problem with it? You must live in Birmingham...
Try Huntsville.. This person has a major chip on there shoulder when it comes to Atlanta.. Be careful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 02:19 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,403,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Bougie ATLiens. They think their city is the best in the world. Hell no it ain't! Gaylanta!
No you think Atlanta is the best city in the world because you are in our threads more than the threads of your home state Texas

Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,589,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
My family is originally from B'ham. They always joke about how it feels like time has gone back 5 year when they visit and I can't say I disagree lol. One thing I do like about the city is its downtown grid and the gorgeous historic blocks. Although it doesn't have Atlanta's energy, their downtown has a more dense urban feel. B'ham's physical features + Atlanta's cosmopolitan attitude would be awesome!
How do you guys view B'ham?
We view it as the backass filthy dirty air cesspool it is.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Good point. Downtown Birmingham does have a very urban feel.
An urban feel?? Since when?? The place is EMPTY after 6 PM!! The traffic lights blink because there are so few cars.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've always considered Birmingham to be a more important city in the South than other cities like Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville and Tampa.

Maybe Birmingham will one day become a major suburb of Atlanta!
Alabama only serves one useful purpose- it divides us from Mississippi which is even worse!

Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Try Huntsville.. This person has a major chip on there shoulder when it comes to Atlanta.. Be careful
A much better choice than "BurninHam" but unfortunately still in Alabama.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:58 PM

41 posts, read 82,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Bougie ATLiens. They think their city is the best in the world. Hell no it ain't! Gaylanta!
Honey you can say that again.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:03 PM

41 posts, read 82,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've always considered Birmingham to be a more important city in the South than other cities like Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville and Tampa.

Maybe Birmingham will one day become a major suburb of Atlanta!
Oh yeah, In what way is Birmingham more important than the other cities youve mentioned??

Old 11-27-2010, 04:05 PM

349 posts, read 660,611 times
It seems to have been surpassed by other cities in the south such as Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte and Jacksonville. All of those cities have at least one professional sports franchise. I sort of use that as an indicator as to whether or not a city is taking it to the next level when it is able to support a professional franchise. Im not sure what's holding Birmingham back. I visited once on business and it seemed like a nice place although extremely small. I seem to remember driving through the city on the interstate and there were only like 2 exits for downtown and only a few mid sized sky scrapers. I would like to see it grow as I would like to see the south as a region become more influential so the more true major cities there are the better.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:07 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,461,928 times
The Birmingham area is a great place.

I especially enjoy the suburbs on the southside of Birmingham, and I'd put them against anything metro Atlanta has, and I'm a lifelong metro Atlantan. That's saying something, given that there are a lot of nice areas around Atlanta.

I find Mountain Brook, Homewood, Vestavia, and parts of Hoover to be fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or