Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 PM

647 posts, read 1,416,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Unfortunately, the Phoenix lights were explained. They were flares dropped by an A10 Warthog from the Barry Goldwater Range. They were on a training exorcise. There was a documentary a while back that I saw on YouTube that overlaid the video footage of the lights with a photograph of the mountain range on the horizon taken at twilight. The flares passed perfectly behind the range rather than "disappearing" in thin air like many reported (it was the dead of night so no one could see the mountains). I wonder if I could still find that video...
Nah, it was actually a aircraft of some type that numorous people saw fly over there house with no sound. go to 1:59 of this video below. If you walked outside and saw something flying over very low that was several block wide with no sound, it's not from here LOL. I even heard that you could see the stars through the center of the craft and they were distorted as if you looking through water or a haze in the desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NRA5...eature=related

Several thousands of people saw this. Even the Govenor of Arizona saw it(see below). I use to work with a guy that was living there at the time. This is actually how I found out about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLUAh...eature=related

Last edited by bgNCATL; 11-27-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 12:55 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'd love to encounter a UFO. Why is the government so secretive about it?
Because the average person couldn't handle it, especially the major religions. Many people believe around the world that whatever god they worship only created life here on Earth, and we're "it". If the Greys (what supposedly the Government calls the little guys who study folks) made themselves known and the government allowed it, it would blow away many thoughts/beliefs in several religions about who/what/why we are. The whole "society will unravel" fear.

I think many people do believe that intelligent life exists out there, but unless they decide to literally land a ship in the middle of Central Park or the center of a Major city, they'll just remain a mystery for a good long time. They might be smarter than us, but if we went back in time a bow and arrow could still kill us - and the little Grey guys know that our military would be dumb enough to shoot some arrows at them before asking questions if they landed. Hence, they'll remain in the shadow of Bigfoot and other "legend-myths".

Old 11-28-2010, 01:53 AM

950 posts, read 3,178,128 times
I see one almost every night.

Seriously, I think it is a hubble space floating in the sky.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 AM

647 posts, read 1,416,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Because the average person couldn't handle it, especially the major religions. Many people believe around the world that whatever god they worship only created life here on Earth, and we're "it". If the Greys (what supposedly the Government calls the little guys who study folks) made themselves known and the government allowed it, it would blow away many thoughts/beliefs in several religions about who/what/why we are. The whole "society will unravel" fear.

I think many people do believe that intelligent life exists out there, but unless they decide to literally land a ship in the middle of Central Park or the center of a Major city, they'll just remain a mystery for a good long time. They might be smarter than us, but if we went back in time a bow and arrow could still kill us - and the little Grey guys know that our military would be dumb enough to shoot some arrows at them before asking questions if they landed. Hence, they'll remain in the shadow of Bigfoot and other "legend-myths".
Very true.

It's only a matter of time before a major sighting happens that can't be denied.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:58 AM

106 posts, read 231,324 times
Quote:

I don't know about you, but I see huge parallels between the idea of "aliens" and "gods"... Both can't be proven indefinately, yet everyone has their own drawn out backstory and history on these entities that really aren't proven. As humans though, I believe our brains seem to be the most complex "alien" entity on this planet. It seems we've now created a religion just for these UFO's!

And here's the proof, that our brains are the aliens, hallucinogens. Anyone who has ever altered their mind in any way, on a powerful substance finds that our brain is so much more incredibly complex and alien then previously believed... Once you start to understand that a simple misfiring in the brain of neurons and synapses can alter your reality and perception, life seems a bit more complex.... True understanding is futile for us humans because reality starts in the brain not your surroundings.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Gotcha. Seems like the preachers could handle it by just saying "God made the aliens, too," but I guess that would require a lot of reprinting.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:18 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,052,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Gotcha. Seems like the preachers could handle it by just saying "God made the aliens, too," but I guess that would require a lot of reprinting.

And what happens if the civilization that could potentially be anywhere from a few hundred to a few billion years more advanced than us is able to show us evidence beyond a doubt that disproves any god ever existed? Even worse, what if they themselves created our DNA?

I better stop before I stumble down a rabbit hole...

Old 11-28-2010, 01:31 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Oh, I don't think that would disprove anything. If God can do anything he could easily cover that.

Tell people things for a while and they'll buy just about anything.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,383,274 times
I thought this was symbolic for something else... but since I see its a serious topic im just going to give a blank stare and exit this thread slowly.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:17 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,581,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I wonder did we see something similar. I even looked on the news and internet that night to see if anybody else saw it.

Have you ever heard of the "Phoenix lights"? There is nothing that the military can say to explain that. Google it If you haven't heard of it. I think it happened back in 97 and then again a few years later.

My UFO encounter was in 2004; not in 1994. There was a typo mistake.

From what you have said, I think our UFO encounters have some commonalities but some differences, too. The duration of my UFO encounter was longer and the light followed me. However there were periods where the light was stationary, like your UFO encounter, without movement.

Prior to my 2004 UFO encounter I was a UFO skeptic and I had read very little about UFO encounters. As of today, I still have read very little about the subject of UFO's. But that may change in the future. I'm not familiar with the "Phoenix Lights."

After my UFO encounter, I tried to block it out of my mind. It was easier to block it out of my mind by not reading about UFO encounters.

If I were to read that people encountering UFO's were much more likely to have another UFO encounter, that type of information would scare me. Knowing something along those lines would affect me negatively. I also subscribe to a smiliar mind-set in a few other areas of my life. Just a few.

For example If I were taking a new medication, I try to refrain from researching the medication on the Internet when I initially start taking it. I used to research new medications on the Internet, but having all the facts and information planted negative thoughts and perceptions in my mind.

I would prefer not to know the medication's side effects. If the common side effects are impotency, weight gain, constipation, difficulty sleeping, hair loss, etc., I'd rather not know those facts.

Since my UFO encounter six-years ago, nothing has happened in regard to other sightings or strange occurrences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta