Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:14 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times

Advertisements

Have you had an encounter with a UFO in the metro Atlanta area? I'm not talking about an encounter in a remote area 100 miles from Atlanta, but within the confines of the city and suburbs.

I have had an encounter with a UFO and it was a surreal experience. My encounter was upsetting to say the least. I've only told a few people about this encounter. Well, at least until today.

I've been thinking more about the UFO encounter in recent months. I've tried to block it out of my mind but it's not an easy thing to do.

The UFO encounter occurred in approximately 1994. But the events in the early hours of that morning are still vivid in my mind.

Here's the story. And it ain't fiction.

I couldn't sleep well one night about six-years ago, and I woke up at around 2:30 in the morning. A bill was due that day. I had originally planned to drive up to the office sometime during that day and pay the bill in person. Even though I would have to drive in the rush hour traffic.

The office does have a slot where you can drop the bills during non-office hours. Since I was up so early, I just decided to drive up to the office and avoid all the traffic during the day.

Everything went well until I stopped at a Post Office on the way home to get some stamps at around 4 or so in the morning.

I wouldn't normally stop at the Post Office at that early hour, but there was a car parked in front. The car was a newish Mercedes, and an older woman was getting out of the car. I don't know why she was there so early. I felt safe, so I went in and got the stamps from a machine. When I got to my car the woman was gone.

I pulled out of the parking lot and immediately I noticed a bright light somewhat above me. I didn't think that much about it, and I continued driving to my home. I thought the light was a star. My home is only three or four miles from the Post Office.

Just when I'm turning into my subdivision, I see the bright light again above me. This time the bright light is much closer to my car. I can see the light hovering above my windshield.

I started to sweat and I knew something was occuring that was totally out of the ordinary. I decided not to drive to my home, and signal to whatever planetary force this was and let them know where I live. I kept on driving. And driving. And driving.

Now this bright light was following me in the near distance. It wasn't as close as it had been, but it was clearly following me and going the exact same speed.

I drove about six miles, and I finally pulled into an apartment complex. I stayed there about five minutes. The light was now stationary in the sky as I sat in my car. I couldn't see the light all that well because of trees.

I didn't know what to do. My heart was pounding. I needed gas, so I decided to stop at a service station. By this time it was getting closer to dawn. The service station was two miles down the road. Again, the light followed me to the service station.

As I pumped the gas, I could see the light off in the distance. After I paid for the gas, I pulled my car around to observe this light. Up until this point in time, I didn't observe the light with much intensity. It was hovering near a building, so I had a chance to check for any movement as the light was stationary in the sky. There was absolutely, positively no movement. None!

By this time I was anxious to get home. I drove home and the light followed me all the way. As I pulled in to my driveway the light was off in the distance.

I made a beeline into my house. I made sure all the doors and windows were locked. I took about three sleeping pills; jumped into bed; and pulled the covers over my head.

Thankfully, that was my one and only brush with a UFO. I'm convinced it was a UFO. I've lived quite a few years in this ol' world, and I must confess nothing like this had happened in my life. Nothing!

I would imagine similar incidents like mine have happened to other people. I would guess, though, not for over an hour.

When I've heard of UFO sightings, it's generally for a short period of time. Not sightings, and encounters, lasting an hour or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 11:37 AM

649 posts, read 1,423,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Have you had an encounter with a UFO in the metro Atlanta area? I'm not talking about an encounter in a remote area 100 miles from Atlanta, but within the confines of the city and suburbs.

I have had an encounter with a UFO and it was a surreal experience. My encounter was upsetting to say the least. I've only told a few people about this encounter. Well, at least until today.

I've been thinking more about the UFO encounter in recent months. I've tried to block it out of my mind but it's not an easy thing to do.

The UFO encounter occurred in approximately 1994. But the events in the early hours of that morning are still vivid in my mind.

Here's the story. And it ain't fiction.

I couldn't sleep well one night about six-years ago, and I woke up at around 2:30 in the morning. A bill was due that day. I had originally planned to drive up to the office sometime during that day and pay the bill in person. Even though I would have to drive in the rush hour traffic.

The office does have a slot where you can drop the bills during non-office hours. Since I was up so early, I just decided to drive up to the office and avoid all the traffic during the day.

Everything went well until I stopped at a Post Office on the way home to get some stamps at around 4 or so in the morning.

I wouldn't normally stop at the Post Office at that early hour, but there was a car parked in front. The car was a newish Mercedes, and an older woman was getting out of the car. I don't know why she was there so early. I felt safe, so I went in and got the stamps from a machine. When I got to my car the woman was gone.

I pulled out of the parking lot and immediately I noticed a bright light somewhat above me. I didn't think that much about it, and I continued driving to my home. I thought the light was a star. My home is only three or four miles from the Post Office.

Just when I'm turning into my subdivision, I see the bright light again above me. This time the bright light is much closer to my car. I can see the light hovering above my windshield.

I started to sweat and I knew something was occuring that was totally out of the ordinary. I decided not to drive to my home, and signal to whatever planetary force this was and let them know where I live. I kept on driving. And driving. And driving.

Now this bright light was following me in the near distance. It wasn't as close as it had been, but it was clearly following me and going the exact same speed.

I drove about six miles, and I finally pulled into an apartment complex. I stayed there about five minutes. The light was now stationary in the sky as I sat in my car. I couldn't see the light all that well because of trees.

I didn't know what to do. My heart was pounding. I needed gas, so I decided to stop at a service station. By this time it was getting closer to dawn. The service station was two miles down the road. Again, the light followed me to the service station.

As I pumped the gas, I could see the light off in the distance. After I paid for the gas, I pulled my car around to observe this light. Up until this point in time, I didn't observe the light with much intensity. It was hovering near a building, so I had a chance to check for any movement as the light was stationary in the sky. There was absolutely, positively no movement. None!

By this time I was anxious to get home. I drove home and the light followed me all the way. As I pulled in to my driveway the light was off in the distance.

I made a beeline into my house. I made sure all the doors and windows were locked. I took about three sleeping pills; jumped into bed; and pulled the covers over my head.

Thankfully, that was my one and only brush with a UFO. I'm convinced it was a UFO. I've lived quite a few years in this ol' world, and I must confess nothing like this had happened in my life. Nothing!

I would imagine similar incidents like mine have happened to other people. I would guess, though, not for over an hour.

When I've heard of UFO sightings, it's generally for a short period of time. Not sightings, and encounters, lasting an hour or so.

I live in Gwinnett County and was coming out of the grocery store around 10:00 at night. As soon as I exited the store, I noticed a bright light in the distance. The light was very intense and you could tell it wasn't a star. It was obviously about 5 miles or so in the distance.

At first, I assumed it was an approaching plane, so I watched to see if it would move. After about 20 minutes, it was still in the exact same spot. At that point, I said it must be a helicopter flying over a wreck. All of a sudden, the light began to move ever so slightly and I tracked it to see where it was going. The helicopter theory went out the window when I saw it disappear behind some very high clouds. Helicopters don't fly at that altitude. I never saw it again after it went behind the clouds.

To my knowledge, there is nothing in this world that can hover for that long and fly off amongst the clouds. Not low level clouds, but the ones at the higher altitudes. I know it hovered about 20 minutes or so because I watched the clock.

I see plains all the time flying around, but this light immediately caught my eye and I knew it was something different.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I live in Gwinnett County and was coming out of the grocery store around 10:00 at night. As soon as I exited the store, I noticed a bright light in the distance. The light was very intense and you could tell it wasn't a star. It was obviously about 5 miles or so in the distance.

At first, I assumed it was an approaching plane, so I watched to see if it would move. After about 20 minutes, it was still in the exact same spot. At that point, I said it must be a helicopter flying over a wreck. All of a sudden, the light began to move ever so slightly and I tracked it to see where it was going. The helicopter theory went out the window when I saw it disappear behind some very high clouds. Helicopters don't fly at that altitude. I never saw it again after it went behind the clouds.

To my knowledge, there is nothing in this world that can hover for that long and fly off amongst the clouds. Not low level clouds, but the ones at the higher altitudes. I know it hovered about 20 minutes or so because I watched the clock.

I see plains all the time flying around, but this light immediately caught my eye and I knew it was something different.

I'm sure there's others like us who have witnessed some strange things in the sky. At first I thought the light was a helicopter, but I soon ruled that out. Very soon! Near my home, the light was above my car and I could see it through the windshield.

Your sighting was at 10:00 in the evening. At that hour a lot of people could see it. My sighting was early in the morning when most people are in bed.

UFO's hanging around a chicken farm up in Forsyth County wouldn't raise too many eyebrows.

If these sightings are UFO's, which I believe to be true, it is surprising that "aliens" would be so bold to hang around such a large city as Atlanta.

However I firmly believe that the police, NORAD, whatever, will dismiss UFO sightings as planes, helicopters, illusions, asteroids, comets, etc.

Many people in our country are not programmed to believe in life on other planets. Some of these folks believe our planet is 2,000-years-old.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:35 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Cool stories. I have never had a UFO experience, but I would love to.

Years ago my brother had some role in Army intelligence. He said there were massive files of encounters, but he didn't think there would ever be made public.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:12 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
I've had several on GA400!
I'm no slouch with the accelerator pedal- but, I've had UFO's go by me like I'm standing still.
It usually happens on Saturday afternoons, kindda late. But there have been a couple of occurrences on Sunday mornings- one I actually saw the pilot, it seemed to be talking on a handheld device and seemed angry.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:27 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
I'd love to encounter a UFO. Why is the government so secretive about it?

Old 11-27-2010, 05:44 PM

I have to say that when you see something sitting in the sky and it's not moving, it immediately catches your eye. When I walked out of the store, the last thing on my mind was a UFO. The peircing light first struck me as odd and then the fact that it was just sitting there.

I'm sure other people saw it, but was probably just as baffled as me and didn't say anything. There were not many cars in the parking lot due to the fact that it was around closing time. I never said anything about it because I wasn't quite sure what it was and didn't want to sound crazy.

Last edited by bgNCATL; 11-27-2010 at 05:53 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I'm sure there's others like us who have witnessed some strange things in the sky. At first I thought the light was a helicopter, but I soon ruled that out. Very soon! Near my home, the light was above my car and I could see it through the windshield.

Your sighting was at 10:00 in the evening. At that hour a lot of people could see it. My sighting was early in the morning when most people are in bed.

UFO's hanging around a chicken farm up in Forsyth County wouldn't raise too many eyebrows.

If these sightings are UFO's, which I believe to be true, it is surprising that "aliens" would be so bold to hang around such a large city as Atlanta.

However I firmly believe that the police, NORAD, whatever, will dismiss UFO sightings as planes, helicopters, illusions, asteroids, comets, etc.

Many people in our country are not programmed to believe in life on other planets. Some of these folks believe our planet is 2,000-years-old.
I wonder did we see something similar. I even looked on the news and internet that night to see if anybody else saw it.

Have you ever heard of the "Phoenix lights"? There is nothing that the military can say to explain that. Google it If you haven't heard of it. I think it happened back in 97 and then again a few years later.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:03 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
I am a believer, and have been watching the "Ancient Aliens" series.......I think on the history channel. I did see one while looking through a telescope several years ago. I have talked to someone who is from the Cartersville area and in the 60's she and her sister and mom saw one, along with several others. It was even in the paper at the time. I have been waiting to hear of news concerning the cattle mutilations in Hall county.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:31 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I wonder did we see something similar. I even looked on the news and internet that night to see if anybody else saw it.

Have you ever heard of the "Phoenix lights"? There is nothing that the military can say to explain that. Google it If you haven't heard of it. I think it happened back in 97 and then again a few years later.
Unfortunately, the Phoenix lights were explained. They were flares dropped by an A10 Warthog from the Barry Goldwater Range. They were on a training exorcise. There was a documentary a while back that I saw on YouTube that overlaid the video footage of the lights with a photograph of the mountain range on the horizon taken at twilight. The flares passed perfectly behind the range rather than "disappearing" in thin air like many reported (it was the dead of night so no one could see the mountains). I wonder if I could still find that video...

Edit:

Found it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6MY...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Adric; 11-27-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta