Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see Atlanta become more of a UFO center, especially as compared to Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Because the average person couldn't handle it, especially the major religions. Many people believe around the world that whatever god they worship only created life here on Earth, and we're "it". If the Greys (what supposedly the Government calls the little guys who study folks) made themselves known and the government allowed it, it would blow away many thoughts/beliefs in several religions about who/what/why we are. The whole "society will unravel" fear.

I think many people do believe that intelligent life exists out there, but unless they decide to literally land a ship in the middle of Central Park or the center of a Major city, they'll just remain a mystery for a good long time. They might be smarter than us, but if we went back in time a bow and arrow could still kill us - and the little Grey guys know that our military would be dumb enough to shoot some arrows at them before asking questions if they landed. Hence, they'll remain in the shadow of Bigfoot and other "legend-myths".

Greg, I totally agree with your comments.

Seeing Greys/aliens up close and personal; physically in our presence right before our eyes; would be a shock to many in the religious community.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:14 PM

196 posts, read 208,618 times
Take off the tin-foil hats!! UFO's are nonsense.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:17 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
I don't know about you, but I see huge parallels between the idea of "aliens" and "gods"... Both can't be proven indefinately, yet everyone has their own drawn out backstory and history on these entities that really aren't proven. As humans though, I believe our brains seem to be the most complex "alien" entity on this planet. It seems we've now created a religion just for these UFO's!

And here's the proof, that our brains are the aliens, hallucinogens. Anyone who has ever altered their mind in any way, on a powerful substance finds that our brain is so much more incredibly complex and alien then previously believed... Once you start to understand that a simple misfiring in the brain of neurons and synapses can alter your reality and perception, life seems a bit more complex.... True understanding is futile for us humans because reality starts in the brain not your surroundings.

I totally agree with your comments concerning the parallels between "aliens" and "gods."

Oddly enough, you talk about our brains and you mention the neurons and synapses.

I have one possible theory about "aliens" and it does pertain to our brains. You have talked about our brains with the emphasis pertaining to humans without a connection to planetary "aliens."

I would like to talk about our brains with a planetary "alien" connection. Everything is speculation, but I do have one theory as to possibly why "aliens" visit our planet on a regular basis. No doubt we'll never know.

Figuring out why "aliens" visit our planet on a regular basis is puzzling. They apparently don't want to establish a bond or friendship with us and I can understand why. Our planet Earth is a crazy place.

Too many humans are disturbed, mentally imbalanced, and have weapons. If "aliens" landed on Earth and tried to establish a friendship with us, I do believe their safety would be a concern. I'm sure more than a few humans would try to kill them or lock them up for experimentation.

"Aliens" surely know a lot about our planet Earth. And humans. We know a few humans claim to have been abducted with strip searches and various bodily examinations. By this point in time, they know a lot about us. They've probably been visitors to Earth for thousands of years. What more do they need to know about our planet? I would guess not much!

But why do they continue to visit our planet? On the surface, it appears they're harrassing humans. They follow cars. They followed me in my car.

Their technology is so advanced we would have problems thinking in their terms. They must travel at speeds that are beyond what we could comprehend.

Maybe our brain waves could be their fuel for their travels through the many solar systems. We convert the sun for fuel. We look for oil in the ground and under the oceans. Maybe they convert our brain waves for fuel?

"Aliens" are following us. That's for sure. I just can't believe their intentions are to harrass us. It must be something else. And that something else would be very strange and bizarre to us.

Something like aiming a wand at our brains for a fuel source. They follow us, or stay stationary in the sky while they're receiving the energy. The energy from our brain waves transmits through a wand and is stored on their ship.

It must be something like the above. It sounds crazy but we don't think in their terms.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I thought this was symbolic for something else... but since I see its a serious topic im just going to give a blank stare and exit this thread slowly.
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM

725 posts, read 1,279,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Because the average person couldn't handle it, especially the major religions. Many people believe around the world that whatever god they worship only created life here on Earth, and we're "it". If the Greys (what supposedly the Government calls the little guys who study folks) made themselves known and the government allowed it, it would blow away many thoughts/beliefs in several religions about who/what/why we are. The whole "society will unravel" fear.

I think many people do believe that intelligent life exists out there, but unless they decide to literally land a ship in the middle of Central Park or the center of a Major city, they'll just remain a mystery for a good long time. They might be smarter than us, but if we went back in time a bow and arrow could still kill us - and the little Grey guys know that our military would be dumb enough to shoot some arrows at them before asking questions if they landed. Hence, they'll remain in the shadow of Bigfoot and other "legend-myths".

It might not have that big of an effect on religion, some religious orginizations (Including the Roman Catholic Church) have already stated that aliens probobly exist.

If We ever make contact it would be interesting to learn what their beliefs are and see if there are parrellels, or if they have any beliefs at all.

I strongly believe that we are not alone but I am skeptical about UFOs.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM

196 posts, read 208,618 times
Forget the UFO's - it's the vampires that worry me.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:06 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
it's just the government keeping tabs on us. it's not aliens

Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
I'm pretty sure I've seen a UFO in Atlanta...then again that was about 15 years ago when I was in to "psychedelic enhancement".

Old 11-28-2010, 10:30 PM

106 posts, read 232,409 times
I'm starting to see spaceships on bankhead.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta