U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Reservoir Hill, Baltimore, MD
78 posts, read 21,806 times
Reputation: 59

Advertisements

December begins tomorrow and it's time to start making New Year's Eve plans. I hope to move to the Atlanta area soon (I'm thinking Grant Park, Poncey-Highlands, or Decatur), so would like to spend NYE in the area.

Can anyone suggest a unique, fun NYE event? I have ruled out the Downtown Countdown at The Hyatt and Underground Atlanta. I'm not into clubbing or Top 40 music. Something unique and creative would be great (for instance, burlesque show, poetry slam, original live music, or other live performance). I enjoy drinking but alcohol is not necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
 
46 posts, read 185,973 times
Reputation: 28
I would like to know what are the hot spots for the late 20s and above crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,409,749 times
Reputation: 1804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMINAVL View Post
December begins tomorrow and it's time to start making New Year's Eve plans. I hope to move to the Atlanta area soon (I'm thinking Grant Park, Poncey-Highlands, or Decatur), so would like to spend NYE in the area.

Can anyone suggest a unique, fun NYE event? I have ruled out the Downtown Countdown at The Hyatt and Underground Atlanta. I'm not into clubbing or Top 40 music. Something unique and creative would be great (for instance, burlesque show, poetry slam, original live music, or other live performance). I enjoy drinking but alcohol is not necessary.
Clermont Lounge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,409,749 times
Reputation: 1804
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyebeauty View Post
I would like to know what are the hot spots for the late 20s and above crowd.
Check your email
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
 
397 posts, read 700,527 times
Reputation: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMINAVL View Post
Something unique and creative would be great (for instance, burlesque show, poetry slam, original live music, or other live performance). I enjoy drinking but alcohol is not necessary.
Can I ask what a "poetry slam" is?

Those 2 words don't seem right together.

For Original live music, check out Smith's Old Bar on Piedmont or Eddie's Attic in Decatur which I think is mostly singer/songwriter stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Reservoir Hill, Baltimore, MD
78 posts, read 21,806 times
Reputation: 59
A poetry slam is a competition where poets perform their original work in rounds and then the audience rates them.

Thanks for the ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Reservoir Hill, Baltimore, MD
78 posts, read 21,806 times
Reputation: 59
tonygeorgia, I've heard that the Clermont is an Atlanta landmark and must-see. Someone told me it's where "elderly strippers crush beer cans between their breasts".

I may find myself there on a Saturday to check out "Disco Funk with Romeo Cologne". :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
11,319 posts, read 21,916,527 times
Reputation: 3853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMINAVL View Post
tonygeorgia, I've heard that the Clermont is an Atlanta landmark and must-see. Someone told me it's where "elderly strippers crush beer cans between their breasts".

I may find myself there on a Saturday to check out "Disco Funk with Romeo Cologne". :-)
Some of the dancers are cute. Some are ... unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Smyrna, GA (via CLT from CAK)
10 posts, read 17,672 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Clermont Lounge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top