U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:58 AM

25 posts, read 40,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
I don't have faith that Castleberry Hill won't lose favor in the future as it gets more and more "loud."
Yeah, we all know that Midtown isn't "loud". I for one would live in either neighborhood, but Castleberry Hill is very unique. There is an entirely different scene going on there. And I don't think Castleberry Hill is going to lose any favor except with those that tuck their shirts into their dockers on the weekends.

I will say that comparing Midtown and Castleberry Hill in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges. I like both. You can do more with apples like bake a pie or strudel, but I still prefer oranges.

Castleberry Hill Neighborhood (http://castleberryhill.org/wpmu/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM

13,450 posts, read 21,922,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma.Police View Post
Yeah, we all know that Midtown isn't "loud". I for one would live in either neighborhood, but Castleberry Hill is very unique. There is an entirely different scene going on there. And I don't think Castleberry Hill is going to lose any favor except with those that tuck their shirts into their dockers on the weekends.

I will say that comparing Midtown and Castleberry Hill in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges. I like both. You can do more with apples like bake a pie or strudel, but I still prefer oranges.

Castleberry Hill Neighborhood (http://castleberryhill.org/wpmu/ - broken link)
Good post.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:52 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,359,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveMike78 View Post

One last thing - I'm single, fit, etc. and look forward to actively dating. So I guess that would also swing the pendulum back firmly into the Midtown corner, I suppose? Having an address in Midtown would be pimp and the ability to pull the old "want to come up for one last drink? I'm only right there" line while gesturing to my complex would presumably be worth its weight in gold. I haven't had that but once in my life and it rocked.

Thanks in advance.
Too bad....(1) I'm fairly happily married (because nobody is ALWAYS happily married), and (2) I'm prolly a decade older than you...because I'm fit and like a good nightcap.

; <---that's supposed to be dirty old lady wagging eyebrows

Old 12-02-2010, 07:01 PM

43 posts, read 55,255 times
I like this buildings in Castleberry Hill better but after living in midtown for 4 yrs I'd say midtown is the spot to be.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM

9 posts, read 14,088 times
If you do not want thumping bass rattling your windows DO NOT move to Castleberry Hill. I imagine you would go crazy on the weekend. Not to say you won't hear this in Midtown, but that area's much more spread out and there's much more area in which to minimize that kind of noise.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:15 AM

3,257 posts, read 4,658,735 times
Midtown.

But you should also take a look at the Howell Mill/10th St area. Which a lot of people seem to think is part of Midtown.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 AM

22,775 posts, read 34,810,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Midtown.

But you should also take a look at the Howell Mill/10th St area. Which a lot of people seem to think is part of Midtown.
That area is commonly referred to as West Midtown.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 AM

170 posts, read 336,325 times
There are few things in this city that will impress a woman more than a Castleberry Hill Loft. Also, Castleberry is much more compressed and therefore the neighbors are more cohesive. The Midtown neighborhood association is more of a machine (an effective one to be sure) while the Castleberry one is more lively and organic.

If you want to live the Sex and the City / Alfie life, Midtown is your place. If you want a truly unique home within a tightly knitted neighborhood I would take CH all day. I sent you a message regarding how you can get much better information on the area.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 AM

3,257 posts, read 4,658,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That area is commonly referred to as West Midtown.
Yeah, along with the industrial areas that seemingly go all the way to the end of Chattahoochee Ave.

It's just funny to hear the name Midtown thrown around so much in the world of realtors. West Midtown is a bit of a misnomer imo--it's not the neighborhood directly west of Midtown, after all; that would be Home Park. On the eastern flank, I've heard Ralph McGill get called Midtown, which is just ridiculous.

Real Estate names for nicer and trendy areas get so expansive that I just refer to streets a lot of the time.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 AM

906 posts, read 1,475,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Yeah, along with the industrial areas that seemingly go all the way to the end of Chattahoochee Ave.

It's just funny to hear the name Midtown thrown around so much in the world of realtors. West Midtown is a bit of a misnomer imo--it's not the neighborhood directly west of Midtown, after all; that would be Home Park. On the eastern flank, I've heard Ralph McGill get called Midtown, which is just ridiculous.

Real Estate names for nicer and trendy areas get so expansive that I just refer to streets a lot of the time.
I might post a separate thread on this, but as a resident of this part of town, I'm so darn confused about what to call it at this point. West Midtown? Midtown West? Westside?

Isn't Home Park part of West Midtown? Or is it its own place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or