U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

2,564 posts, read 3,611,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
So basically people are moving here with no job because they saw it advertised on BET?
To some extent. I think a lot of people have been moving to Atlanta over the past few years intent on "making it" in some vague way they can't even articulate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,834,058 times
Quote:
So basically people are moving here with no job because they saw it advertised on BET?
No. They saw it advertised on the MBTA Green Line.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:45 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,217,447 times
I think too many people flocked to Atlanta thinking it's a diversified market place with tons of jobs. In reality, it's not. It's very specialized job market for specific companies that's based in Georgia for the tax cuts, and once those jobs were filled and recession hit, companies no longer could obtain jobs as they use to. Sure the price of living is cheaper, but people thought they were going to make the same amount of money as what they made upstate or West Coast, which never happened.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 AM

88 posts, read 115,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No. They saw it advertised on the MBTA Green Line.
I really wish you would quit stalking me. You are more than a LITTLE creepy. Every time I'm in ATlanta and post on this forum, you are always right there to post behind me. Don't you have a life other than this board, Mary???

That being said as soon as I land at Hartsfield, the DREAD starts to come over me. The people in the airport look so slovenly, so overweight and SOUTHERN. Everybody moves slow compared to airports up North or in California or Canada.

But the real dread is when I arrive downtown at my hotel. The economic distress and effects of the Great REcession are EVERYWHERE in Atlanta. Boarded up buildings. Drunk criminals lurk on all the corners. Other then those poeple the streets are deserted because no one is able to walk in Atlanta either because the buildings are too far apart or they're too afraid of getting JUMPED! Like I was!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,646,703 times
Quote:
I really wish you would quit stalking me. You are more than a LITTLE creepy. Every time I'm in ATlanta and post on this forum, you are always right there to post behind me. Don't you have a life other than this board, Mary???

That being said as soon as I land at Hartsfield, the DREAD starts to come over me. The people in the airport look so slovenly, so overweight and SOUTHERN. Everybody moves slow compared to airports up North or in California or Canada.

But the real dread is when I arrive downtown at my hotel. The economic distress and effects of the Great REcession are EVERYWHERE in Atlanta. Boarded up buildings. Drunk criminals lurk on all the corners. Other then those poeple the streets are deserted because no one is able to walk in Atlanta either because the buildings are too far apart or they're too afraid of getting JUMPED! Like I was!
If this is satire = hilarious. If not, still hilarious, yet in a totally different way.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM

7,732 posts, read 11,834,058 times
Quote:

Ah, yes - the old "stalking" card again.

You still haven't answered my original question - when are you taking this comedy drag show on the road?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM

362 posts, read 457,555 times
dude is clearly a troll. but alas, that seems to be allowed here. . .

Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM

287 posts, read 363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
dude is clearly a troll. but alas, that seems to be allowed here. . .
Be careful. Pointing out an obvious troll will give the mods a hissy fit.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM

287 posts, read 363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I think too many people flocked to Atlanta thinking it's a diversified market place with tons of jobs. In reality, it's not. It's very specialized job market for specific companies that's based in Georgia for the tax cuts, and once those jobs were filled and recession hit, companies no longer could obtain jobs as they use to. Sure the price of living is cheaper, but people thought they were going to make the same amount of money as what they made upstate or West Coast, which never happened.

Just my 2 cents.
What is Atlanta's "specialized" job market? I have not heard of it.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:38 PM

2,671 posts, read 5,434,573 times
Quote:
This terrible economy of Atlanta makes sense. There are no jobs and the natives resort to MUGGING innocent tourists in Buckhead for the shopping bags. I know. It happened to me!
Let me guess. They're after you, and only you??? Can someone say paranoia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Oh my God!!!!! The Ghetto Drag Queens strike again!!!
ROFLMBO!! I was thinking the same thing, lol...

Quote:
I never knew Atlanta had ad slots on BET.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or