Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 28,837 times

Advertisements

Does anyone living in the Atlanta Metro area know of any companies that offer working from home positions? I'm currently heading home for maternity leave and don't have any STD benefits. I'm looking for any work at home positions that would help stabilize my income. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Probably half the people in my hood work from home, but most are self-employed contractors, consultants, artists and professionals or small business entrepreneurs. My guess is that the employer provided benefit package that were common in the old days (medical, retirement, etc.) is less available under those circumstances. However, that's not necessarily a bad trade-off for increased flexibility.

What sort of work are you thinking about doing?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia1519 View Post
Does anyone living in the Atlanta Metro area know of any companies that offer working from home positions? I'm currently heading home for maternity leave and don't have any STD benefits. I'm looking for any work at home positions that would help stabilize my income. Thanks.
Well, the great thing is you don't need to limit your search to companies in Atlanta...if it's work you can do at home, obviously the base of the company itself won't matter as much. Expland your search and see what comes up. What line of work are you in?

Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM

10 posts, read 28,837 times
Thanks for your response. I'm currently a marketing coodinator for an audio visual company. I have experience in marketing, customer service, office administration, data entry, design and event coordination. I'm petty much the jack of all trades. Lol! I've searched online but its hard to find legit jobs. I was hoping some had a friend or a friend of afriend that works at home that could send some leads.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 AM

90 posts, read 329,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia1519 View Post
Thanks for your response. I'm currently a marketing coodinator for an audio visual company. I have experience in marketing, customer service, office administration, data entry, design and event coordination. I'm petty much the jack of all trades. Lol! I've searched online but its hard to find legit jobs. I was hoping some had a friend or a friend of afriend that works at home that could send some leads.
Try the following sites:

removed - sorry, these sites not allowed in posts - use this site's direct DM feature to send to OP for stuff like this. Thank you.

Competition is stiff (because the jobs are legit), but it's worth the shot if you want to work from home badly enough.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-06-2010 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: