U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 PM

2,671 posts, read 5,434,573 times

Advertisements

YES SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT POST!! A DOSE OF REALITY AND HUMILITY (hopefully to others reading this, thinking they're immune to lay offs, and being in the poor house)!!!

Many people are oblivious of these things.

People are so caught up living it up, and trading in their leases every 3-4 years, and stuck to their IPads, watching FauX News network and their Hannities, paying exhorbitant school loans for Ivy League schools that will net little to nothing in reality, thinking this country will go back to the 1950s, once Obama is gone. So many disillusioned Americans, it's not funny. You said it well. I see it in my travels, to South America and Asia. If people only knew. People were complaining about Europe, this may be worse. Some read what you and I are saying dismissing it. We'll see what happends in a few years. Great Post Acid Snake!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Regardless of the situation with the hoodrat chick with kids out of wedlock, there is still a need for government assistance. I should know. I was on government assistance for a while as a young 'un.

I know that the LaQuitas & the LaFondas of the world are easy mark for those who would rather that NO minorities, let alone regular Americans get public assistance. To that I say shame on them.

Are you guys invincible? Are you guys immortal? NO and NO. You guys may be comfortable in your well-off jobs now, but it's only a matter of time before the forces of neo-liberalism & global free markets come knocking at your doors and your precious jobs will be outsourced & off-shored to some third-world country.

So quick to talk about privatizing & denying benefits to people... What utter spitefulness. It will be poetic justice when the Captain Ahmed Patels are contracted to start flying your Boeing 777s for Less than $20,000 yearly and the Tran Doan Nyugens are contracted to be your doctors for less than $14,000.

Say good bye to that precious middle class, folks. You will be the first generation who so short-sightedly, bigotedly, and ignorantly voted it away.

I can't wait for that day to come. Then we will see how hardy & independent you guys are. We will see if you are willing to strike it out on your own like big strong frontiers-men without that bad ol' big government holding your hands.

You will deserve whatever gifts of globalism & corporatism that comes your way, you haters of public assistance. Believe it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 PM

282 posts, read 543,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Very sad story but one thing that sticks out to me in this story is everyone they interview is a single mother with several kids. The women quoted below has SIX kids. Why in the world if you are low income would you have so many kids? Common sense should tell you to only have children that you can afford. This whole thing reeks of an entilement attitude when someone should be asking these ladies why they let their lives get to this point. I know, I know, I am being heartless but I am NOT. I just wish someone would sit some of these folks down and comfront them on the decisions that they have made to put them in this position to begin with. Meaning tell them yeah we will give you "energy assistance" after you sign up and complete a course or class on how to better take care of your finances. Entitlements should only be handed out if certain bench marks are meet or these people will live their lives with their hands out. Just my two cents.

"Lakesha Charles, who has been out of work for two years, was number 16 in the Marietta line Thursday, which, she said, is “better than number 100.”
The mother of six said she “heard it was ridiculous” on Wednesday, when only 30 people at a time were let into the assistance center.“Hopefully, we can get in and get help,” she said."

Hundreds line up in the cold for help heating homes *| ajc.com
File exampt on your taxes. If your heat is on who cares. Atlanta is the poorest city in American, mainly because of it high uneducated black population.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 PM

2,135 posts, read 3,415,422 times
Quote:
Regardless of the situation with the hoodrat chick with kids out of wedlock, there is still a need for government assistance. I should know. I was on government assistance for a while as a young 'un.

I know that the LaQuitas & the LaFondas of the world are easy mark for those who would rather that NO minorities, let alone regular Americans get public assistance. To that I say shame on them.

Are you guys invincible? Are you guys immortal? NO and NO. You guys may be comfortable in your well-off jobs now, but it's only a matter of time before the forces of neo-liberalism & global free markets come knocking at your doors and your precious jobs will be outsourced & off-shored to some third-world country.

So quick to talk about privatizing & denying benefits to people... What utter spitefulness. It will be poetic justice when the Captain Ahmed Patels are contracted to start flying your Boeing 777s for Less than $20,000 yearly and the Tran Doan Nyugens are contracted to be your doctors for less than $14,000.

Say good bye to that precious middle class, folks. You will be the first generation who so short-sightedly, bigotedly, and ignorantly voted it away.

I can't wait for that day to come. Then we will see how hardy & independent you guys are. We will see if you are willing to strike it out on your own like big strong frontiers-men without that bad ol' big government holding your hands.

You will deserve whatever gifts of globalism & corporatism that comes your way, you haters of public assistance. Believe it!

My problem with these type of chicks is they go out and have all these kids... 95% of which are conceived only because of casual unprotected sex and no contraception.. not having a plan or even thinking about how theyre going to care for them. Prime example, met a female a few weeks ago at the mall. 23 with 4 kids, 4 fathers.. 3 of which she had no clue where they were. She was complaining about not being able to give her kids much of a Christmas. I mean c'mon.

Its hard for me to feel sorry for females like that because I grew up around em and saw how blatantly careless they are.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 PM

262 posts, read 523,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
File exampt on your taxes. If your heat is on who cares. Atlanta is the poorest city in American, mainly because of it high uneducated black population.
Source?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
My problem with these type of chicks is they go out and have all these kids... 95% of which are conceived only because of casual unprotected sex and no contraception.. not having a plan or even thinking about how theyre going to care for them. Prime example, met a female a few weeks ago at the mall. 23 with 4 kids, 4 fathers.. 3 of which she had no clue where they were. She was complaining about not being able to give her kids much of a Christmas. I mean c'mon.

Its hard for me to feel sorry for females like that because I grew up around em and saw how blatantly careless they are.

No one is saying these chickenheads deserve a pat on the back, but there are legitimate people out there that are in need, and may not have a dozen children from different men. I feel for those.

Misguided ones thinking they have blank checks available from us taxpayers to live off for the rest of their lives is another story. It's a mindset issue we have more than anything. Glorifying ignorance, promoting thug lifestyles, thinking they can wear expensive clothes, drive cars while staying on welfare is not right...

I'm with you. What on earth are you doing scouting ladies at the mall with all these kids?? (She probably looked good, huh?).

She was probably looking for daddy number 5, thinking you'll be the sucker.

Be careful, walk away. Don't even look back.

Stay away!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 PM

3,472 posts, read 4,138,702 times
I completely agree with you on this situation & others like this. I'm just saying that we shouldn't just throw out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to welfare reform.

There should be a way to create a system that provides a proper social safety net for those who are truely hardworking and did things the right way but just happen to fall on bad times and at the same time not become a crutch or a tool to enable shiftlessness, slouth, and other forms of bad behavior. But to hear some folks call it, America shouldn't even have a welfare system at all.

That sort of scorched-earth logic is truly vexing.

Quote:

Old 12-03-2010, 09:52 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,782,802 times
Quote:

Agreed. I can understand one f up but over and over again...its like, come on already!

In this day and age, its no reason for anyone to get pregnant, if you aren't ready. No damn excuse. Even, if you have unprotected sex and slip up, the odds are still in your favor, yet, we still have these situations over and over again....

Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,817,253 times
Quote:

There is a big difference between someone losing a job whose has worked all their life and people who make welfare a way of life.

No problem with helping someone who is down on their luck, it is another story when people choose to have children they cannot afford and expect the govt. to support them.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There is a big difference between someone losing a job whose has worked all their life and people who make welfare a way of life.

No problem with helping someone who is down on their luck, it is another story when people choose to have children they cannot afford and expect the govt. to support them.
Agreed. However some people have no finess describing their disdain for poor people at times, especially some on C/D. Some seem to lump them all based on race, gender and zip codes. We've seen it, and we all know who the same posters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Agreed. I can understand one f up but over and over again...its like, come on already!

In this day and age, its no reason for anyone to get pregnant, if you aren't ready. No damn excuse. Even, if you have unprotected sex and slip up, the odds are still in your favor, yet, we still have these situations over and over again....

You're so right. There are too many tools and resources (contraceptives, Pregnancy prevention programs etc) out there for these young ladies to be getting pregnant day after day, man after man.

It's carelessness, ignorance and a system with so many flaws, it says..."Keep Poking, the rest will pay". I'm with you guys 100%.

I just feel bad for the legitimate people in need. (The elderly, the widows, the hard working, but out of work due to hard times, etc). Not like the one I saw on Myspace flaunting her ass, while seemingly playing the system.

I'd give legitimate people in need, health care, food, education, programs to help them get out of their situations etc. But these other girls, I'd put them on a minimal assistance program because of their carelessness. I just don't want to see their kids starve because mommy was out there looking for the local drug dealer as a future ATM machine.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:57 AM

106 posts, read 191,768 times
Default walk in their shoes, understand the frustration & mindset of entire generations humiliated

The ghettos are trapped in a never-ending cycle of isolation, lack of resources, and ill teachings. I hate to say this, "but george bush dosen't care about black people" kinda sums up how the U.S. has completely shafted those born into the lower classes. And how do they internally fight back? They learn the govt asst like you know your private parts, it's normal, it's a way of life. See, it wasen't too long ago, in the 1960's that black people were still viewed as secondary citizens by society, this is the backlash. I understand the frustration of white America paying for all this assistance, but what alternatives have you helped shape for an entire segment of the population you don't understand? Nothing, instead we react in anger and further isolation. We need to reform education, we can look at some foreign nations that we seem to hate for the answer, they place a higher value on education then we do...

These people are born into bad luck, so we need to put in place grade +++A schools, boost the education sector 10 fold to reverse this trend. If your angry at their mindset, you better be angry at these old politicians who can remember the times when the U.S. was segregated not too long ago... We have an internal war going on between races, and it's disgusting, all this talk behind closed doors from both sides, yet nobody wants to educate those who are swirling around in a world filled with despair, poverty, ignorance, crime and substance abuse.

I am a conservative libertarian at heart, but deep down, I know that our country needs to pour billions of dollars into education and bring back the freakin joy of reading. What ever happened to "a reading rainbow, a reading rainbow... a reading rainbowwwwwwwwwww!" Que the cartoon butterfly with the colors and sh*t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or