U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,451,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamomnva View Post
Can anyone tell me about any black churches that are south of Atlanta. We are purchasing in Peachtree City, and it is too far to drive to Long's church in Lithonia. We do prefer the mega churches though. We will be coming from Evangel Cathedral, in Upper Marlboro, MD. Bishop Meares is the head pastor. He ain't black either, but his church is. Where is Earl Paulkes church?
Creflo Dollar Ministries is a mega church located in College Park which is right up I-85 from Peachtree City here is his website.

World Changers Church International - Creflo Dollar Ministries

Old 02-18-2008, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 13,137 times
I am relocating to McDonough, south of Atlanta. Does anyone know anything about Black churches within 20 miles or so of there? I was interested in Eddie Long's church, but an hour to get out of the parking lot plus expressway time doesn't make it or other mega churches as appealing as when I am watching on cable or the internet. Does anyone know anything about Bishop Wiley Jackson's church?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 16,066 times
North Point Church is a great Non Denomination Church. Very contemporary and accepting of all people. There are also sister churches in Buckhead (Buckhead Church) and Cumming (Browns Bridge). I believe there may even be one on the south side. You can check it all out at northpoint.org

I love my church, get so much out of the worship, sermons and have amazing friends from it. It's not just a church.....it's a community...a family!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 8,590 times
Smile Jehovahs_Girl

I have recently moved to Atlanta from Texas and I am looking for a church. I was an Associate Minister for 14.5 years in the COTLG in TX. I am looking for a non-denominational congregation, not necessarily a mega church and somewhere close so I do not have to travel 45-60 minutes to get there. I live off of Windy Hills Rd and Powers Ferry Rd on Shadowood Parkway. Any suggestions?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 PM

419 posts, read 1,527,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehovahs_Girl View Post
I have recently moved to Atlanta from Texas and I am looking for a church. I was an Associate Minister for 14.5 years in the COTLG in TX. I am looking for a non-denominational congregation, not necessarily a mega church and somewhere close so I do not have to travel 45-60 minutes to get there. I live off of Windy Hills Rd and Powers Ferry Rd on Shadowood Parkway. Any suggestions?
We liked Destiny Metropolitan when we lived in the area. Warning: you must arrive early to get a seat, but the service is wonderful.

Destiny Metropolitan Worship Church: Welcome

Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 PM

239 posts, read 807,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar07 View Post
I am relocating to McDonough, south of Atlanta. Does anyone know anything about Black churches within 20 miles or so of there? I was interested in Eddie Long's church, but an hour to get out of the parking lot plus expressway time doesn't make it or other mega churches as appealing as when I am watching on cable or the internet. Does anyone know anything about Bishop Wiley Jackson's church?
New Birth South is within 20 miles of you. I have no experience with this church, so do not take this as a personal recommendation. I thought of this church solely because you mentioned Eddie Long. New Birth South was planted by Bishop Long and the senior pastor of New Birth South was ordained by Bishop Long.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,333 times
You can check out Sister Hill the website has a good listing of Black / African-American churches in Atlanta as well as the part of town.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:05 AM

13 posts, read 35,841 times
Can anybody tell me where the Caucasian Churhes are? I checked HonkyHill.com and the website was down..

Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
vaa

3 posts, read 14,237 times
"Black Church" what is that?
Seriously, this is not a joke.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,657,741 times
What about Elizabeth Baptist Pastor craig oliver i go to his church its great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or