U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:50 PM

7,846 posts, read 14,888,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
So, the liberals have their home on NPR, which happily props them up at our expense because there is no way on God's Green Earth that they could ever construct a profit center out of that drivel.
They tried and failed miserably. Anyone remember the "Air America" network which went off the airwaves earlier this year. The junior Senator from Minnesota was a host on one of their shows for a time, but had no audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Ame...radio_network)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 PM

845 posts, read 1,158,795 times
I usually watch Fox 5 in the morning and either CBS 46 or WSB at 11pm

Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,370,172 times
I don't watch news (local or national) anymore. I get all my news from radio (usually WSB 750) or the internet. In general, I don't watch much television at all (TV is so 20th century ). I did watch the weather report on channel 46 because of Dagmar Midcap (the most beautiful woman in the world ).

But she's left the station so there is no longer any reason to watch any local news.

It's nice not watching TV anymore. I hate those asinine campaign ads and being bombarded by annoying commericals, especially christmas ads (Ho Ho Ho...even my elves can't beat the deals at _______ )

Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM

23,127 posts, read 35,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
They tried and failed miserably. Anyone remember the "Air America" network which went off the airwaves earlier this year. The junior Senator from Minnesota was a host on one of their shows for a time, but had no audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(radio_network)
Mmm hmm. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. How well we know.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:13 PM

3,521 posts, read 4,261,965 times
I can't say that I have any favorite radio/television news stations here in Georgia. I do like Clark Howard though, but apart from him there is very little else I care for. I do listen to the "The Regular Guys" on the Q occasionally though.

I may not care for Larry & Eric's politics, but the show is a bit more wittier & entertaining than Frank & Wanda and Tom Joyner morning shows which can have that limiting dumbed-down feeling if you aren't on the 24hr "Keep-it-black and nothing else" mindset.

But a radio show that's now defunct that I recently discovered on Youtube is the Tom Leykis show. He was based out of L.A. and his programmimng was geared to the young male crowd between 18-35.

From listening to Leykis's stuff on Youtube, I kinda wished that his show had a home here on the east coast, because he is pretty much independent & has a lot of insite when it comes to contemporary male/female issues. Other than that, everything in Atlanta is non-challenging & seems geared to either frightening half the audience or enraging the other half into a violent lather(or both).

If I could afford Satellite radio's monthly fees, I'd get it. Oh well...

Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM

13,421 posts, read 16,977,601 times
Charlotte has a 24/7 local news station? There cannot possibly be enough local news to justify such a venture. That sounds awful. You think it's bad enough how the local stations repeat themselves every 30 minutes now? If indeed that's offered in Charlotte, I'm certain it's duplication of one of the local stations and on the very cheap -- an excuse to fill air time on a digital alt channel and make back a little revenue -- and nothing worth watching. WSB already does that here anyay.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM

634 posts, read 1,210,178 times
^^ actually it is run by cable giant Time Warner (although comcast is bigger)...it does look poorly produced but its great to have 24/7 local news. As an example from 8-9 they may be live for that hour repeat that block until 12 when they'll go live for the next hour repeat that block until5...etc etc but it is its very own news departmen...now if country Charlotte can support this I'm sure Atlanta can

Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM

571 posts, read 844,145 times
Jovita Moore.

nuff said.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
^^ actually it is run by cable giant Time Warner (although comcast is bigger)...it does look poorly produced but its great to have 24/7 local news. As an example from 8-9 they may be live for that hour repeat that block until 12 when they'll go live for the next hour repeat that block until5...etc etc but it is its very own news departmen...now if country Charlotte can support this I'm sure Atlanta can
Yeah, but...why?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM

13,421 posts, read 16,977,601 times
Atlanta already has 24/7 local TV news ... It's called CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or