Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,653 times

Advertisements

I am looking a buying a condo at the St. Regis most preferably. But I am also looking at the Mansion on Peachtree, Ritz Carlton Residences, and The Sovereign. I am recently divorced and have two sons that I have primary custody of so I have decided to sell my house in Buckhead and move into a condo since I work long hours and both my sons are in middle school I rather the security of a condo verses a single family home. I would say St. Regis is my first choice due to the location, services, and amenities. I stayed there for a few days during November to test the services and I was amazed! I have stayed in other St. Regis hotels before and I would say Atlanta has the best service. I have been in a few residences since my friend lives in the building and they introduced me to others who live there.

I was wondering does anybody have any opinions about any of the buildings I like? I am open to recommendations, but I will not move out of Buckhead I have lived there my whole life and my children have also.

Ranking: 1. St. Regis, 2. Mansion, 3. Sovereign, and 4. Ritz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
We attended a party at the St. Regis recently and were most impressed. I've only been in the public areas of the other buildings but they all seem like excellent options. You've got immediate MARTA access at the Sovereign and the Mansion if that's of use to you, but if you travel mainly by car it seems to me the St. Regis would have the edge in terms of convenience.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 PM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckheadAtlanta View Post
I am looking a buying a condo at the St. Regis most preferably. But I am also looking at the Mansion on Peachtree, Ritz Carlton Residences, and The Sovereign. I am recently divorced and have two sons that I have primary custody of so I have decided to sell my house in Buckhead and move into a condo since I work long hours and both my sons are in middle school I rather the security of a condo verses a single family home. I would say St. Regis is my first choice due to the location, services, and amenities. I stayed there for a few days during November to test the services and I was amazed! I have stayed in other St. Regis hotels before and I would say Atlanta has the best service. I have been in a few residences since my friend lives in the building and they introduced me to others who live there.

I was wondering does anybody have any opinions about any of the buildings I like? I am open to recommendations, but I will not move out of Buckhead I have lived there my whole life and my children have also.

Ranking: 1. St. Regis, 2. Mansion, 3. Sovereign, and 4. Ritz.
What a bunch of b.s.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
What a bunch of b.s.
Why do you say that?

Old 12-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Why do you say that?

Because anybody with significant enough resources to live in one of those buildings doensnt come to a public forum and ask strangers 'advice' on where he should live. Such a person would be working with plenty of professional advisors (lawyer/accountant/agents/financial advisors/etc) already, and have plenty of experience making tough decisions. Sure, lets ask a bunch of total strangers where I should spend my ~$2million...please.

And truly, he works long hours BUT received primary custody of his two sons -- the mother almost always at least gets equal, especially when the husband works long hours. The whole thing just smells bad.

Not to mention, a person of such means can usually correctly spell "versus" (not verses). Refers to where he currently lives as "here", not "there". And doesnt maul his grammer "I 'rather' the security'.

I suspect a scam is lurking....

Old 12-11-2010, 02:38 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Why do you assume the OP is a man?

Old 12-11-2010, 02:57 PM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Phase 1: Make up story about looking for a condo in Buckhead and post on a relocation forum
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit

Old 12-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Why do you assume the OP is a man?
Fair question. Sounded like one to me, but that could my prejudice, being a man myself.

Either way, its almost certainly a scam. I have no stake either way. Just seemed obviously bogus to me.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 AM

51 posts, read 101,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Because anybody with significant enough resources to live in one of those buildings doensnt come to a public forum and ask strangers 'advice' on where he should live. Such a person would be working with plenty of professional advisors (lawyer/accountant/agents/financial advisors/etc) already, and have plenty of experience making tough decisions. Sure, lets ask a bunch of total strangers where I should spend my ~$2million...please.
Come on man...this is a forum. The dude is just asking a question, so answer the question instead of ranting about your conspiracy theories. Who cares if it's a scam? Your crap doesn't smell?

Old 12-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim123 View Post
Come on man...this is a forum. The dude is just asking a question, so answer the question instead of ranting about your conspiracy theories. Who cares if it's a scam? Your crap doesn't smell?
You're right - this is a forum. On which I have every right to express my opinion. You dont have to agree with it.

You should care if its a scam because there could be nefarious motives.

I cant stop people from responding to the original question. Personally I choose not to waste my time. But by all means you and anyone else is free to have a go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: