Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 6,240 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are going to be relocating from NJ to the lawrenceville area. We are young professionals who want a community to match our personalities.
We would like to live in a town with an easy commute to Atlanta. Restruants and night life are important to us, we like to go out have nice dinners and grab an adult beverage.

We want to rent a house or townhouse. Our budget is 1000-1500 for rent.

We have no kids but still want to live in a safe town. We have two small dogs which makes finding a place a little more difficult.

Public transportation not important but it is a bonus

My work will be located in lawrenceville but I will be traveling a lot, she will probably end up getting a job in the city (she has an MBA) so looking for a nice town in the middle 20 minutes from the city would be good.

Any towns I should check out or even recommend an honest real estate firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkum893 View Post
Me and my wife are going to be relocating from NJ to the lawrenceville area. We are young professionals who want a community to match our personalities.
We would like to live in a town with an easy commute to Atlanta. Restruants and night life are important to us, we like to go out have nice dinners and grab an adult beverage.

We have no kids but still want to live in a safe town. We have two small dogs which makes finding a place a little more difficult.

My work will be located in lawrenceville but I will be traveling a lot, she will probably end up getting a job in the city (she has an MBA) so looking for a nice town in the middle 20 minutes from the city would be good.

Atlanta might be said to consist of suburbs.

Tucker/30084, North Decatur/30033 and Northlake/?30345 might be areas to consider.
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4G...N&hl=en&tab=wl

Old 11-02-2010, 05:02 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,525 times
Quote:

Since you will be doing a reverse commute, I would probably move closer in, as Take offered. Tucker, Northlake, and North Decatur are great areas, as well as downtown Norcross. Hope this helps!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Well I will be driving all over the place my company is located in Lawrenceville.I will barely be in office 2 days a week tops rest is on road calling on my customer base. So i like the idea of living closer to Atlanta. Which town has best night life? Parks and outdoor recreation are very appealing to me.

I will need to be close to major roads which I think is the easy part

Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
Since you don't have kids and need to worry about school, your renting, and have a decent budget for rent. I would look closer intown or closer in suburbs. This would provide better access to the city for jobs, but easier access to Lawrenceville with a reverse-commute.

Unless for some reason the one likely to end up in Atlanta wants to take the brunt of the commuting...

Also, I travel alot as well. There is a savings benefit to being able to have your spouse drop you off and pick you up at a MARTA station to access the airport.

You might want to look to the Northeast of Buckhead in a place like Brookhaven. Also you could consider central Decatur, which is gentrifying and is actually a nice, vibrant area.

Also, FYI, for commuting to Atlanta a majority of the congested roads are on the perimeter (I-285) or outside the perimeter (I-85 North, I-75 North, GA 400 North) ... with perhaps the exception of the downtown connector (where I-75 and I-85 merge) and US 78 where it turns from a freeway to a normal road into midtown.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,359 times
I think Tucker (NE of Atlanta) is definitely a good suggestion for you (it is a nice area convenient to 85 and 285). There are some townhomes, but there are mainly older homes built up in the area mostly in the 60s and 70s, so you could probably find a landlord open to your having pets. The rent should be in that range for that area. Public transportation (MARTA stations) are not too far from the area, too.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Well I will be driving all over the place my company is located in Lawrenceville.I will barely be in office 2 days a week tops rest is on road calling on my customer base. So i like the idea of living closer to Atlanta. Which town has best night life? Parks and outdoor recreation are very appealing to me.

I will need to be close to major roads which I think is the easy part
The area between Atlanta and Lawrenceville doesn't really have towns.
Many bars and restaurants can be found in areas like VA Highland---intown/midtown.

If you chose to live in the Tucker/Northlake or North Decatur areas you would be 20/30 minutes from VA Highland and midtown.

The City of Decatur also has a number of shops and restaurants--it might require more planning if you need to travel throughout the city.

There is easy access to I85 and I 285 from the Tucker/Northlake area.

Gwinnett County/Lawrenceville is the headquarters for county government --has an excellent Parks/Recreation system. A number of the parks would be convenient to Tucker/Northlake. Stone Mountain is also nearby--biking, walking and running, etc.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Found some great places in tucker. Looks like it could be a winner

Old 11-04-2010, 05:39 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,359 times
Good to hear! - hope you like Tucker.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM

73 posts, read 324,934 times
Default house for rent lawrenceville1, ga

Hello i have a 3br 2ba for rent in a nice area of lawrenceville. Its 1450/mo pets are allowed and all utilities are included its avail now. Its in a real nice area of lawrenceville, I have three boys two of which attend school its great i am moving back out to matawan, nj do to my job. please let me know if you are interested my email is yunv_skeeylo@yahoo.com. any questions let me know

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta