Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 02:56 PM

231 posts, read 712,781 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for info to pass on to a friend.

I've searched Google Maps but always like to have verification before making plans based on those directions. Unfortunately, MARTA's website is useless for trip planning, so I'm hoping there's someone out there who can help.

If one wants to take the bus from near the CDC on Clifton Road to the Cobb Energy Centre, and then return (I assume after 10 pm) from the Cobb Centre to Briarcliff Road @ Johnson Road, then what's the best route?
My greatest concern is the return trip, for which Google and MARTA completely disagree. They both suggest the #12 bus from the Cobb Centre, but then the options are vastly different.

Many thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM

248 posts, read 648,662 times
I had no trouble mapping this on the MARTA site.

MARTA bus #6 will take you from the CDC to the Lindbergh train station. You ride the train south to Midtown station, then transfer to the #12 bus, which drops you off about a half mile from the Energy Center on Cobb Parkway. The trip takes an hour and a half.

You could also try transferring from the Arts Center MARTA station to the #10 CCT line to get to the Cumberland/Galleria area. That might save some time. But that bus doesn't run on Sundays, just so you know.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM

840 posts, read 2,085,417 times
If you are at the Cobb Energy Center between 6am and 10pm you can take the CCT route 50 Powers Ferry to the Cumberland Transfer Center. The bus stop for the #50 is right outside the energy center, and take the number 10(CCT) or 12(MARTA) down into the city from Cumberland. If you are at the Center outside of those hours or on a Sunday you would have to walk about a block to Cobb Parkway and hop on the 12(MARTA) to get back into the city.
Cobb County Government
MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority

Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 AM

231 posts, read 712,781 times
I'm looking for the *easiest* route for someone to take. My friend isn't accustomed to American transit.
Google had recommended taking the #36 from Clifton/Decatur to Midtown Station and then transfer to the #12. But again, it's the return trip that has me concerned because there are conflicting suggestions, and each time I enter an origin and destination into MARTA's trip planner, despite all variables being the same each time, it returns different results each time.
It appears that the easiest might be to take the #12 from the Cobb Centre to Midtown, the NE train to Lindbergh, and then the #6 bus to the final destination. If the CCT buses only run until 10, then that's probably not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: