U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 AM

230 posts, read 549,558 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any lofts in midtown that are pet-friendly that they particularly like? Looking for homes in Candler/Inman Park but running out of options before our January 1 deadline so might have to resort in living in a loft for a year.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 AM

21,871 posts, read 13,081,010 times
Are you looking to purchase or rent? What additional requirements do you have such as price, number of bedrooms and baths?

Old 12-24-2010, 09:54 AM

230 posts, read 549,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Are you looking to purchase or rent? What additional requirements do you have such as price, number of bedrooms and baths?
Rent for 12 or 18 months. Maybe longer if we really like the place and decide to stay in Atlanta (we are coming from LA). Need lease signed by January 1st with a move-in date of February 1st.
2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. We can go up to $2,000 but would prefer $1,800/month. We have a small dog, might get another one. Our biggest obstacle has been carpet. The home cannot have carpet anywhere. I am extremely allergic. Would prefer a building near Whole Foods but definitely not on Ponce, heard that street was really iffy. BF also does not want to live in one of those gigantic cookie-cutter buildings with 80 floors that are overpriced and the inside lobby looks like a mall galleria. We heard Midtown was the best place for beautiful lofts that have kind of a young vibe (I'm 24, he's 30). He is flying out to see homes on Monday/Tuesday. We were originally going to rent a $2,000 craftsman several blocks from Ponce in Midtown near Piedmont but owner and his agent strung us along after we passed background/credit with flying colors (I'm pretty angry to say the least).

Old 12-24-2010, 10:50 AM

545 posts, read 1,563,550 times
I live at Camden Midtown. I am pretty happy with the place, and even though Ponce is sketchy, basically any st in midtown is. There are police that patrol ( I see them pass about every 5-10 mins) as well as a private security guard, plus several restaurants so there is always decent traffic in the area to deter burglars. It is right in between the whole foods and Fox theater distance wise. I do know they have 2 bedroom lofts (not sure if any are available right now), and allow dogs. I think you are going to have no carpeting problems everywhere, because I have never seen an apartment without carpet. I currently live in a one bedroom there, with a separate loft space with the only place having carpet is the stairs up to the loft and the actual loft space. I pay $1200 and my place is about 1100 sq ft. I think the two bedroom lofts have a spiral staircase so there is no carpeting at least on the stairs, im not sure about the actual loft space.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:54 AM

545 posts, read 1,563,550 times
Here is another one, but it doesnt really look like a loft to me.
Atlanta Loft Condo - Unit @ 33 Ponce

Old 12-24-2010, 12:00 PM

747 posts, read 1,299,226 times
You might try renting a condo at Peachtree Lofts. I know they have no carpet there.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:26 PM

2,683 posts, read 5,197,030 times
Nice to hear from someone living at Camden (are you at the new Ivy Hall or the other one) as I live in the area and pass by often. From what you have seen are there many empty units or have they done a good job of filling it up (If Ivy Hall). Sounds like there may be some neat units there.

Also, to the OP Ponce 33 could be a decent option for loft style, but is a small complex with few units so if they want a larger community they may want to look elsewhere. You may see if there are rentals at 805 Peachtree as well. If you walk through midtown you'll probably see many others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuresident View Post
I live at Camden Midtown. I am pretty happy with the place, and even though Ponce is sketchy, basically any st in midtown is. There are police that patrol ( I see them pass about every 5-10 mins) as well as a private security guard, plus several restaurants so there is always decent traffic in the area to deter burglars. It is right in between the whole foods and Fox theater distance wise. I do know they have 2 bedroom lofts (not sure if any are available right now), and allow dogs. I think you are going to have no carpeting problems everywhere, because I have never seen an apartment without carpet. I currently live in a one bedroom there, with a separate loft space with the only place having carpet is the stairs up to the loft and the actual loft space. I pay $1200 and my place is about 1100 sq ft. I think the two bedroom lofts have a spiral staircase so there is no carpeting at least on the stairs, im not sure about the actual loft space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or