U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM

8 posts, read 16,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
THe new GOV needs to sit these counties down and get them to suck it up and approve Marta. More and more people are moving here, we cannot just build roads.

Its absurd to think there is no Marta line that goes to Cumberland and it should maybe extend to Kennesaw.

Marta needs to get out of the city into the suburbs. There needs to be business plans to build Marta stations within huge Business parks and tax incentives for both. That way Marta goes where people work.

Marta stations maybe should have electric cars to rent for those that want to take marta but still need a car.

Marta could be a leading, visionary public transit system. They seem to be stuck in reverse. The counties and people NEED TO WAKE THE **** UP.
You realize he's a Rethuglican right? Rethugs + transit don't mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 11:08 AM

7,113 posts, read 8,158,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
THe new GOV needs to sit these counties down and get them to suck it up and approve Marta. More and more people are moving here, we cannot just build roads.

Its absurd to think there is no Marta line that goes to Cumberland and it should maybe extend to Kennesaw.
Also the northeast line should extend into Gwinnett to Norcross and up to the Mall of Georgia.

Quote:
Marta stations maybe should have electric cars to rent for those that want to take marta but still need a car.
I'd leave that up to the private sector like Zipcar.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,170,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboi View Post
I lol'd I agree but damn, we need to start soon, the longer we wait the worse traffic is getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Also the northeast line should extend into Gwinnett to Norcross and up to the Mall of Georgia.

I'd leave that up to the private sector like Zipcar.
Agreed and good idea.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,000,919 times
Places I wish I could get to with no car?

Six Flags
Atlanta Civic Center
Zoo Atlanta
Turner Field
Stone Mountain (the Rock)

Old 12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
JPD

11,907 posts, read 14,565,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Places I wish I could get to with no car?

Six Flags
Atlanta Civic CenterZoo Atlanta
Turner Field
Stone Mountain (the Rock)
Why can't you get to the Civic Center with no car? There's a MARTA station within a few blocks.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:24 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,556,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboi View Post
This is an outdated assumption. I'm Conservative and I also support transit expansion in certain areas and for certain uses.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:33 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,556,546 times
I don't think a line from Cumberland to Midtown would get any use. The only purpose it would serve is allowing Bankheadites to get to Cumberland Mall, which to some is a very viable purpose. It would definitely cause the collapse of Cumberland Mall. Cumberland should be connected to Dunwoody and Doraville with a line along 285. That would make the most sense and would see the most use, and it would still allow ITP people to get to Cumberland.

The North Line should be expanded to North Point, with no stops in between.

The Doraville line should be expanded to Duluth, with a station in Norcross.

There should be a LRT line on Roswell Road from Buckhead Village to Downtown Roswell.

There should be an east line extending from Linbergh to Snellville with stops in Briarcliff, Emory, Northlake, Downtown Tucker, and Lilburn.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:22 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,000,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You really want to have a "brown line" going through West End/Oakland City after the dust-up MARTA experienced over the "yellow line"?
It seems because people are so sensitive Black, White, Brown & Yellow are banned from the system. Already have Red, Gold, Green & Blue, so that leaves Pink, Gray, Violet, Oranga(Peach).....

Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,828,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I don't think a line from Cumberland to Midtown would get any use. The only purpose it would serve is allowing Bankheadites to get to Cumberland Mall, which to some is a very viable purpose. It would definitely cause the collapse of Cumberland Mall.

LOL!!!!! Yeah, just like how MARTA has caused the collapse of Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall, right?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
JPD

11,907 posts, read 14,565,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
It seems because people are so sensitive Black, White, Brown & Yellow are banned from the system. Already have Red, Gold, Green & Blue, so that leaves Pink, Gray, Violet, Oranga(Peach).....
Peach. Pretty good name for the N/S line that runs through Midtown/Downtown, basically right underneath or parallel to Peachtree Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or