Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times

Advertisements

I'm not from Atlanta, may want to try that one again. And it's not about "hating" it's about knowing how they operate. Kinda like how they had the best record in the league a couple years ago and let a wildcard Green Bay come in the dome and route them. Or last year, one and done. I don't really care how many games they win in the regular season they won't get any respect from me until they actually win a playoff game. And as shown today, like with the last few seasons...their issue is their defense is still garbage. They can score but can't stop anyone from scoring. And with that said, you still have the Panthers (who they needed a fluke fumble to beat), the Giants, the Bucs, Lions and the Saints again on the final stretch. That stretch is going to be brutal so I wouldn't exactly be marking them as a first round bye yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Who wants to bet that they don't make it past the second round?
It all depends on who they play.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
They needed this lost

Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
They needed this lost
Agreed. It wasn't a blowout, Saints game is always a tough one no matter what their records, but they need a little more hunger in their bellies and sometimes a loss or two can stir that up.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Well Falcons not my number 1 team, I've said that, but since I live here Id like to see them do well. Glad they took the L yesday so they can get it out the way.....I wish someone would just beat the crap out of Houston though.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Who wants to bet that they don't make it past the second round?

I'll take that bet. I keep telling people to jump on the bandwagon now while they still can. I am not saying that we will win it all this year but this franchise is on the verge of something special. We are a force and we will be around and in the mix for some years to come. The Black and Red reign has just begun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
They needed this lost
Agreed. As much as it stings to drop to the 'Aints we needed to get that out of our system. Even with the L I am still happy with how the team played, especially Matt Ryan. He threw for over 400 yards and had 3 TD's. Don't look now ATL but that boy Matty Ice is a real baller, he always has been an elite QB in my eyes and now other people are starting to take notice. Mike Vick who?

"#2....that's my Quarterback"- in Terrell Owens voice*

Old 11-13-2012, 03:49 PM

BrownHornet, man I think they played a good game with Saints. Who are the main threats right now to you? I only see Green Bay & maybe Chicago....small maybe on Chicago. Its not like they gonna see any division rivals in the playoffs.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
I'll take that bet. I keep telling people to jump on the bandwagon now while they still can. I am not saying that we will win it all this year but this franchise is on the verge of something special. We are a force and we will be around and in the mix for some years to come. The Black and Red reign has just begun.

Agreed. As much as it stings to drop to the 'Aints we needed to get that out of our system. Even with the L I am still happy with how the team played, especially Matt Ryan. He threw for over 400 yards and had 3 TD's. Don't look now ATL but that boy Matty Ice is a real baller, he always has been an elite QB in my eyes and now other people are starting to take notice. Mike Vick who?

"#2....that's my Quarterback"- in Terrell Owens voice*
LOL @ this. We heard this same talk 3 years ago and they bombed just like they will do this year. And they will lose at least one more game during the regular season, more than likely more. I have no respect for a team with no defense and it's why they will lose early in the playoffs, as usual. What are they going to do when they have a play a team like the Giants or the 9ers, Bears...or even the Seahawks that can stop their offense but they cant stop anyone? Seen this all play out the last 2 times they've been in the playoffs, same ol story.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
BrownHornet, man I think they played a good game with Saints. Who are the main threats right now to you? I only see Green Bay & maybe Chicago....small maybe on Chicago. Its not like they gonna see any division rivals in the playoffs.
When are yall gonna learn regular season records don't mean anything? The Giants didn't win a single game all of November last year and did what? The time they won it before that they got in as what, an 8 win team? When the Packers raped the 12 win Falcons team in the dome a few years ago they were what, a wild card. Regular season wins don't mean a damn thing it's what you do when the playoffs start. And with that defense, or the lack thereof the Falcons won't go far. It took a fluke fumble for them to beat the Panthers. IMO they are overrated. Matt Ryan just throws the ball up knowing Jones and White will likely go get it and people are acting like he's the new Joe Montana. But look at his completion percentage when he's not throwing to one of the two of them or short dumps to Gonzalez. A good zone defense and a good defensive line rush will expose them, watch what happens when they play the Giants in a couple weeks.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
When are yall gonna learn regular season records don't mean anything? The Giants didn't win a single game all of November last year and did what? The time they won it before that they got in as what, an 8 win team? When the Packers raped the 12 win Falcons team in the dome a few years ago they were what, a wild card. Regular season wins don't mean a damn thing it's what you do when the playoffs start. And with that defense, or the lack thereof the Falcons won't go far. It took a fluke fumble for them to beat the Panthers. IMO they are overrated. Matt Ryan just throws the ball up knowing Jones and White will likely go get it and people are acting like he's the new Joe Montana. But look at his completion percentage when he's not throwing to one of the two of them or short dumps to Gonzalez. A good zone defense and a good defensive line rush will expose them, watch what happens when they play the Giants in a couple weeks.
One has to do well in the reg to even get to the playoffs... you cant go if the team is 6-10 so yes it does matter. Ok so if they dont get past Division weekend then its a bust right? If they lose in the NFC Champ game is it still a bust? Im just asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta