U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-06-2011, 10:17 PM

8,389 posts, read 10,520,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
Thanks, arjay57. Rereading my post quoted by BringBackCobain above, I'm at a loss to see what's "liberal Canadian" about it. The only opinion content was the Biblical view on immigration. Like many of my fellow Americans, I look to my faith for guidance on moral issues.

Apart from that the post was mostly facts (not opinion) about current US immigration regulations, a topic on which I'm quite well informed, due to recent personal experience of the US immigration process.

Well, he knows that you are Canadian and just decides to twist and make things up in order to suit his views and outlandish arguments. Reveals xenophobia and paranoia to say the least.

And it is mildly entertaining, actually...
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-06-2011, 11:42 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,476,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
Thanks, arjay57. Rereading my post quoted by BringBackCobain above, I'm at a loss to see what's "liberal Canadian" about it. The only opinion content was the Biblical view on immigration. Like many of my fellow Americans, I look to my faith for guidance on moral issues.

Apart from that the post was mostly facts (not opinion) about current US immigration regulations, a topic on which I'm quite well informed, due to recent personal experience of the US immigration process.
Bingo. You're claiming immigration is a moral issue when it isn't.

Unread 01-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
How do you know?

And what agenda is this?

The inside of your mind would be a very entertaining movie...
I'm not playing the guessing game. It's not hard to tell someone's race from the posts they make on this forum. When they espouse radical views that could only logically come from one racial group, it's even easier.

Unread 01-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Well, he knows that you are Canadian and just decides to twist and make things up in order to suit his views and outlandish arguments. Reveals xenophobia and paranoia to say the least.

And it is mildly entertaining, actually...
Wow, and I thought your over-use of "racist" in attempting to insult me was lame...

Unread 01-07-2011, 08:14 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,076,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Wow, and I thought your over-use of "racist" in attempting to insult me was lame...
I concur and I would also add that generally on this forum it is the same posters that are always throwing racist this and racist that. To deny that ALL of these posters arent black is laughable.

Unread 01-07-2011, 08:54 AM

8,190 posts, read 5,646,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Pure bunk, all of this.

Blacks, as a group, do tend to vote democrat for racial reasons.
We know that and that has been affirmed over and over in this thread.

Unread 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM

12,396 posts, read 7,091,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
We know that and that has been affirmed over and over in this thread.

This sort of ties in with the other thread about the fact that blacks in America are increasingly less a "bloc."

Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America

So maybe the black vote won't be as decidedly Democratic as it has been in times past. It still seems to me that the Right has got a lot of ground to make up if they want to attract large numbers of black voters.

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM

8,190 posts, read 5,646,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This sort of ties in with the other thread about the fact that blacks in America are increasingly less a "bloc."

Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America

So maybe the black vote won't be as decidedly Democratic as it has been in times past. It still seems to me that the Right has got a lot of ground to make up if they want to attract large numbers of black voters.
Pretty much.

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM

12,396 posts, read 7,091,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Pure bunk, all of this.

Blacks, as a group, do tend to vote democrat for racial reasons. Want proof? Look to Kinston, NC.
Well, I don't know if you can say it's for racial reasons, but racial issues are often cited as a means to get out the vote for or against a particular candidate. In our local elections, for instance, when white candidates have offered for Mayor or County Commission Chairman, the big guns (John Lewis, Shirley Franklin, Andrew Young, etc) are typically brought out to remind voters that this would be like returning to the fire hoses and attack dogs of Selma.

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:36 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,076,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, I don't know if you can say it's for racial reasons, but racial issues are often cited as a means to get out the vote for or against a particular candidate. In our local elections, for instance, when white candidates have offered for Mayor or County Commission Chairman, the big guns (John Lewis, Shirley Franklin, Andrew Young, etc) are typically brought out to remind voters that this would be like returning to the fire hoses and attack dogs of Selma.
That ad was one of the worst I have ever seen. Can you imagine if a white candidate tried to run such a devisive racial ad leading up to an election. They would be crucified. Yet for Blacks they get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta