Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:50 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGood616 View Post
Wow guys! I didn't know it was that bad...I'm into modeling and acting so I thought Atlanta would be a great place to move and come up in the industry. Apparently, not:-(

I guess was just misinformed by all the people who go there to party and give the city a lot of hype. (Sigh) Thanks everyone.
I noticed alot of people who visit Atlanta esp. from Texas(since were both texans) have this impression because ATL can leave a good impression on a tx visitor esp. since it has alot of things in common with Houston when it comes to nightlife( club scenes,bars,hip AA culture scene,etc.)Atlanta is just a lil bit on a bigger scale since it has more black celebs and is more mainstream then Houston. But don't get that confused with actually living in the city. Like others have stated move out of Texas for Atlanta might not be the best choice, atleast not right now. A decade ago I would'va say YES. But I've been running into alot of ppl that moved to ATL in the 90's coming back or just some who choose to move period because of the lack of jobs. Atlanta is more of a media hub then Houston is. Austin might be a better choice for you if you want to act. It's no NYC or LA but it's up and coming. It's acting classes and agencies all thru Houston that you can hit up that will prepare you for NYC or LA since those are still the major hubs for those areas.

Modeling scene in Atlanta might be a little better for black models and thats probably because it's connections with the music scene being bigger in Atlanta. So if you can get some connections within the Atlanta music scene it might be more of a chance. And more then half of those models started out in the strip clubs in Atlanta or music videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 PM

397 posts, read 843,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_dude View Post
If that is what you are going to do then that is fine since this is a hub for it. Just make sure you have a some sort of way to live until you get work.
As far as I know, Atlanta IS the hub for......Delta, and AirTran. That's about it, until I see documantaion proving otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: