Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 PM

19 posts, read 37,087 times

Advertisements

Hi Mel, I replied to all emails so it may have ended up in a spam box? Regarding online marketing it would be nice to have a leader on that goal maybe that could be you? We have been busy with dekalb county school closings etc.,
Our annual community event is Saturday May 7th come join us on Vicki Lane yard sale at 8am block party at 10 am until 1 pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresham Park, Atlanta View Post
The Gresham Park area of East Atlanta are in the pre-planning phase of a community development initiative. We would greatly appreciate participation, suggestions, support and assistance from others.
Thanks in advance,
The soon to be realized Gresham Park District!
Okay, I know I'm going to get whacked for saying this, but I need HELP in getting folks to quit asking for things by saying "Pretty Please....?" Sorry but somehow that's fingernails on the blackboard to me.

That bizarre personal quirk of mine aside, I hope your efforts are going well. That's a solid area and I'm proud of the residents for taking control of their community.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Default Well you can't please everybody!

But that's for the encouragement! I would have added LOL but I didn't know if that would just set you off again...

Old 05-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Come one and all!
The Gresham Hills Neighbors Association invites you to a positive community event in Gresham Park! Our second annual Neighborhood Block Party (10am) and community wide Yard Sale (8am) will be held tomorrow Saturday May 7th and is hosted by the wonderful resident's of Vicki Lane.

Find us on Vicki Lane, (the neighborhood surrounding Gresham Park Elementary which is located at 1848 Vicki Lane SE, Atlanta, GA 30316)

We look forward to seeing you there,
Denise, GHNA President
--
Gresham Hills Neighborhood Association
Creating a clean, safe and livable community.
greshampark@gmail.com

Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresham Park, Atlanta View Post
But that's for the encouragement! I would have added LOL but I didn't know if that would just set you off again...

No problem and thanks for your kind reaction to my cantankerousness. It's just that I used to be around someone who was ultra needy and often used "Pretty Please....?" as a way of manipulating the hound dog out of people.

I have fond memories of Gresham Park. One of our boys played Little League over there.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Haha, in that case, I'll never say that crap again... Anyway, we still could use some help over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
No problem and thanks for your kind reaction to my cantankerousness. It's just that I used to be around someone who was ultra needy and often used "Pretty Please....?" as a way of manipulating the hound dog out of people.

I have fond memories of Gresham Park. One of our boys played Little League over there.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:11 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,983 times
Hi

I wanted to let you know that the school system intends to replace Gresham Park Elementary School with a new school. The new school will be larger and result in additional school closing in the McNair area, but it will be a new building and the buildings in your community are in horrible shape.

McNair Middle is slated to be replaced (torn down) and rebuilt as well.

You might want to take a few minutes to look over the plan at:

http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/docu...011-05-27).pdf

You can watch the presentation here:

http://view.liveindexer.com/ASXGener...9Z%2fx4Q%3d%3d

Until midnight Wednesday, you can make comments here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/splost4

Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 AM

Default Gresham Park Elementary School Closing

Thank you for that valuable information! I can't wait to share it with others. I am wondering how much of the funds earmarked for this ambitious undertaking are protected to meet the full extent of the intended goal??? I'd hate to end up with a demolished building and yet another money controversy within the DeKalb County School system..... We (the community) are having differculty with getting a true seat at the table to contribute.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 13,600 times
Gresham Park Elementary school closing. Anyone know where kids are scheduled to attend if they live in Charleston Pointe subdivision. I've looked on DeKalb County school's website and on the the redistricting site, but

Old 06-15-2011, 04:50 PM

Default School Redistricting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownLifeAtl View Post
Gresham Park Elementary school closing. Anyone know where kids are scheduled to attend if they live in Charleston Pointe subdivision. I've looked on DeKalb County school's website and on the the redistricting site, but
Sorry to hear that this important step was missed by the school. How disappointing! I'll connect with our district 3 school board rep in the morning and get back to you as soon as possible on this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta