Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 PM

40 posts, read 110,314 times

Advertisements

Are there any Hispanics that live in Peachtree City, GA that could tell me about their experiences living there? I have been a public servant for 17 years and my company moved me to Atlanta. I am a Hispanic mother of two small children. I have been here for 1 month in temporary quarters. I would love to buy here, but I don't want to move here if diversity is not valued or appreciated. Moreover, I don't want to raise my children in a place where they are discriminated or treated like outcasts.

Last edited by yessykali; 01-15-2011 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:01 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
I don't think PC will be the place for you then.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 AM

Thank you Newsboy! I appreciate your reply. We are giving it time because this is the perfect location for us. The schools are top notch and the commute to Downtown has been pleasant so far! The topography is beautiful! We are looking at homes today. We were also considering Sandy Springs but the schools don't compare! Also, my children did Kung Fu and competed in Florida; they are 5 and 6years old. Can someone please recommend a Martial Arts school for my children. Thanks again!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,898 times
Hi, I am not Hispanic, but a foreigner. My wife is from Latin America, though. PTC or Tyrone area has a lot of Hispanic population, and not really discriminated, I believe. My kids (4 and 6) go to Fayette school system (right next to PTC) and I know many from Spanish Speaking countries along with Europeans and Asians in PTC. You cannot compare with some north part of Atlanta, like Sandy Springs, Marietta, Doraville, Lawrenceville, etc, in terms of the number of Hispanic population.
To your point, PTC and Tyrone areas are good for diversed population.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are still here and couldn't be happier. I look forward to our spanish mass on Sundays at Holy Trinity and have had pleasant experiences so far. My commute to Downtown is pleasant, believe it or not! Sandy Springs I found too congested and pricey. The schools will not compare to PTC. Our kids' school is outstanding, Kedron Elementary. For now, we continue to search for the right house in PTC! So many great opportunities right now in the real estate market. I just learned about that CRX train and I wonder where it sounds the loudest. What are some areas to stay away from and what are the great areas here (under 230k). Kedron Village (Belvedere, etc.) seems to be nice and across from Kedron elementary. Anyone have information on that area? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by yessykali; 01-22-2011 at 07:45 AM..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Avoid the West Village, Planterra Ridge and Wisdom Road areas if the train noise is a concern. But honestly, having lived there, you really don't notice it and when you do -- especially late at night -- it's kind of a warm and fuzzy sound.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
What ever happened to integration?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM

Newsboy, do you have any info. on Kedron Village? Specifically, the homes on Kedron Dr. (near Kedron Elementary). BTW, my experiences so far here in PTC have been very delightful. Have met many beautiful people! Thanks!

Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,254,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessykali View Post
Are there any Hispanics that live in Peachtree City, GA that could tell me about their experiences living there? I have been a public servant for 17 years and my company moved me to Atlanta. I am a Hispanic mother of two small children. I have been here for 1 month in temporary quarters. I would love to buy here, but I don't want to move here if diversity is not valued or appreciated. Moreover, I don't want to raise my children in a place where they are discriminated or treated like outcasts.
No not Peachtree City for you. You will be most comfortable in Gwinnett county. But if you are currently living there then what is your assessment? Your last post makes your first post a bit confusing. Do you see diversity there in PTC? Just drive through the neighborhoods on the weekends. I thought you were not actually living in PTC now, but I guess you are so...

Old 01-23-2011, 07:34 PM

Thanks, we're liking it! At first it was a bit of a culture shock. But we are seeing more Hispanics and very friendly folks from diverse backgrounds. We are in temporary quarters until we find a house. We have been here a month. I would love to check out Gwinnett county; however, I work in Downtown and I understand the commute is a bear! My commute so far has been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
No not Peachtree City for you. You will be most comfortable in Gwinnett county. But if you are currently living there then what is your assessment? Your last post makes your first post a bit confusing. Do you see diversity there in PTC? Just drive through the neighborhoods on the weekends. I thought you were not actually living in PTC now, but I guess you are so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta