Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,708,019 times

Advertisements

JUST AN UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE FOR THE 13-3 Falcons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 PM

663 posts, read 1,863,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
JUST AN UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE FOR THE 13-3 Falcons.
Pretenders will always be exposed by the true championship-caliber team(s) ... has happened throughout sports history ... nothing new here. An above average team vs. a championship caliber team ... Go Patriots!!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:48 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,708,019 times
Exactly, the old Falcons.......................

Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM

349 posts, read 781,307 times
Its almost like there is some sort of conspiracy against Atlanta in pro sports. First the 90s braves now the Falcons. I'm sure they will be competitive for yrs to come but no championships will come of it. Can this city do anything right? Sports, transportation, snow, water, where does it end? Ok just had to rant.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM

To be frank, there seems to be a something that is missing with this Falcons team - maybe this comes down to the coaching staff but something never seemed quite right, even though they finished 13-3. I think that their methodical play throughout the year hinted at some of the limitations which might present themselves against a GB or NE. True championship caliber teams tend to have that "machine-like" quality to them, whether in college or the pros. The offense or defense, preferably the offense needs to be able to impose its will against even the top teams, and Atlanta clearly lacked that this season.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
Its almost like there is some sort of conspiracy against Atlanta in pro sports. First the 90s braves now the Falcons. I'm sure they will be competitive for yrs to come but no championships will come of it. Can this city do anything right? Sports, transportation, snow, water, where does it end? Ok just had to rant.
At least the Braves won it all once.

Karma's a B, Mr. Blank. This is what you get for not standing behind your franchise player a few years back.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
Well I know what the boosters will say, so I will say it for them. Atlanta is home to the busiest airport (in the world), the most important soft drink line in the world, the largest aquarium, the widest highways etc, etc. And our politicians even gave us an "A" for the snow removal effort. So, you are wrong, Atlanta is clearly doing many things right (in its own eyes, which is all that matters).

But back to the subject of the thread, the Falcons did the best they could with the current version of their team and coaching staff ... at least that should be obvious.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
Well I know what the boosters will say, so I will say it for them. Atlanta is home to the busiest airport (in the world), the most important soft drink line in the world, the largest aquarium, the widest highways etc, etc. And our politicians even gave us an "A" for the snow removal effort. So, you are wrong, Atlanta is clearly doing many things right (in its own eyes, which is all that matters).

But back to the subject of the thread, the Falcons did the best they could with the current version of their team and coaching staff ... at least that should be obvious.
I literally lol-Ed at this. Thanks for that. Go mediocrity and accepting less than the best. Complacency is awesome.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
Honestly, I knew that the defense was the weak link. The offense routinely go through periods of inefficiency. I just had fun this year but this team needs more on offense because ATL only have R White, an aging Gonzalez, and the run game. Roddy is the only receiver who's going to be a legit threat next year (assuming they play). The defense has to get better too, they just didn't have what it took to cover folks.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
Honestly, I knew that the defense was the weak link. The offense routinely go through periods of inefficiency. I just had fun this year but this team needs more on offense because ATL only have R White, an aging Gonzalez, and the run game. Roddy is the only receiver who's going to be a legit threat next year (assuming they play). The defense has to get better too, they just didn't have what it took to cover folks.
Yeah I agree. I always said the defense was the weak link as well. it's frustrating to be a native sometimes. Take my comments with a grain of salt. I'm just pissed off right now and the falcons boards were down. Better luck next yr I guess. Just like EVERY year. Grr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta