U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,592,368 times

Advertisements

First 48 is coming to Dekalb County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,783,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
First 48 is coming to Dekalb County
I had to Google>>
The First 48 - A&E TV

sigh--Something I don't think I will watch but, whatever.

There are 'times'--almost every day--that I would love to watch a TV program about a boring, average family---not Sarah Palin, not Kate and the 8, not housewives of anywhere.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,592,368 times
I just dont like that the show is coming to metro Atlanta. Dekalb already has a negative reputation and this will not help

Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I just dont like that the show is coming to metro Atlanta. Dekalb already has a negative reputation and this will not help
That goes without saying. I suppose 'More' could be done but I think, considering budget cuts and a heavy case load --DeKalb PD does a good job.

Sheriff Brown sounds pretty serious about his expectations of correctional staff--discussed in a recent post---over 100 employees didn't report during the snow/ice and they are in deep do.

On the other hand if criminals-to-be don't want notoriety perhaps this could intimidate a few? Not likely but trying to 'Accentuate the Positive'. lol--a song included on the soundtrack of 'Bugsy'---a criminal's criminal.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 AM

4,327 posts, read 5,999,014 times
Link?

I guess, this is to replace Detroit.

If it wasn't for First 48, I would never known Louisville was so violent...

Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Link?

I guess, this is to replace Detroit.

If it wasn't for First 48, I would never known Louisville was so violent...
http://fwix.com/atlanta/share/34f8a2...omes_to_dekalb

'Burrell Ellis, Wiz Miller and others welcome the television show "The First 48" to DeKalb County. We don't.

This nauseating television program is making monetary profits from the blood and death of human beings and the sorrow of the families of the dead. DeKalb County was chosen because of the odds of someone being murdered, not because of the odds of someone not being murdered.

DeKalb County is receiving money from the A&E Television Network. We wonder how it's paid out. Per body or the most gory? Some street thug shot in the street, or a innocent girl walking to school. Keep those fingers crossed. '

^^^
I am down to the Food Channel and reruns of SATC on E!
I hope sociologists and mental health professionals are studying the multitude of reality crime shows currently offered on numerous channels. A few clicks on the remote and my TV goes off. The alternatives this weekend were grim--the epic 'Mean Girls/Lindsay Lohan and 'Failure to Launch'--Matthew McConaughey and Sara Jessica Parker--this is Comcast's idea of entertainment but not mine.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 01-25-2011 at 01:52 AM..

Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 AM

4,327 posts, read 5,999,014 times
Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 AM

46 posts, read 187,581 times
I've been watching this show for a few years and find it interesting.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 AM

705 posts, read 940,603 times
Well there's enough subject matter there, that's for sure.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
Well there's enough subject matter there, that's for sure.
I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.

Grant will fight domestic violence in DeKalb *| ajc.com

$50,000/federal grant for fighting domestic violence.
$344,100 in county funds will staff the district attorney's domestic violence and sexual assault unit, commissioners said.

I would certainly prefer that the money be allocated to staff the 3 new libraries but apparently all we can do is keep plugging up the 'dam'/censored by the system for using the synonym -sigh/Holland, tulips, wooden shoes. Hope things improve--

I would think that would cover 1 or 2 cases--providing public defenders and court costs---maybe only 1 case?

I haven't heard an official report lately--but I am certain the jail is overcrowded. I recall that the individual connected to the fatal stabbing of a 14 yr old on New Year's Eve resided in Clarkston. It happened at 5 Points--so maybe the City of Atlanta will handle that case but criminals are plentiful throughout the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or