Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 10,942 times

Advertisements

a less than 45 minute commute to beautiful Sandy Springs will land you at Sandy Springs Middle School, the middle school of mega-star Usher. I also went there, had a wonderful experience, and met many inner-city individuals who were traveling further than from Druid Hills to get to school, and they (all my inner-city pals) loved it, so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:23 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
At any rate--good schools, diverse population and around 45 minute commute to 30306 could be found in Lilburn.
This is excellent advice! Trickum Middle is rated 9/10 and an older house for under $1,000 is a possibility in this area. Be sure to verify with the school district the exact attendance zone for any house you rent. Also I suggest doing a test commute at rush hour before signing any lease to get an idea of traffic conditions. You will need two cars living in this area(and most other suburban areas in the Atlanta metro).

Trickum Middle School - Lilburn, Georgia - GA - School overview

atlanta apts/housing for rent classifieds "lilburn house parkview" - craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMike88 View Post
a less than 45 minute commute to beautiful Sandy Springs will land you at Sandy Springs Middle School, the middle school of mega-star Usher.
This is questionable since houses in the fabulous Sandy Springs area rent for probably around $2,000/month and SS Middle is rated only a 5/10

Old 02-13-2011, 09:51 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baatl View Post
Hello,

I'm moving my family to ATL (from Buenos Aires) since I was required to work there for no less than 3 years for my company.

Our main concern is how our 12 years old kid is going to be handling his insertion in a new Educational System -even when he can communicate good enough in English, he would be a Limited English Proficient (LEP) student. Our main goal is to make things easier for him and I would like to settle in a neighborhood with a good middle school where he can gain confidence and improve his language skills until he can perform as usual.

We would like to settle near my office in NE Atlanta (30306) to avoid driving too much and high expenses in car and fuel, but we can sacrifice this if there is no good school around and we need to move further.

We are looking for a family-friendly neighborhood with good middle school. We have no preference in terms of race, religion or culture; we would like to integrate with the community regardless any of these subjects.

I’m providing the information suggested in one of the sticky posts in this useful forum so you can have an idea about our situation/needs.

1. Budget: ~50k
2. House/Condo/Townhome: House is preferred; but it won't hurt to be in the other two.
3. Renting/Buying: Renting.
4. Employment Status(commute/work from home): Flexible schedule. Sometimes required to be in the office, but can work from home too.
5. Workplace: Atlanta, 30306 GA.
6. Children(public school vs. private): Public
7. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: We are used to a urban lifestyle, but it won’t hurt trying the subs, but just if necessary. (I would like to avoid spending too much in fuel, if possible).
8. Easy access to public transit, important or not?: It would be good, but not a must.
9. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: No preferences; as far as it is not violent/insecure.

Thanks in advance!
RRL.
You are from the most european country outside of europe (97% unmixed white, 3% multiracial). The Black population in Argentina is less than 0.0001%.

I think you should relocate to a european neighborhood in Atlanta.
50k per year is above the average annual salary in Atlanta (a cop makes 42k).

Old 02-13-2011, 10:12 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baatl View Post
Hello,

I'm moving my family to ATL (from Buenos Aires) since I was required to work there for no less than 3 years for my company.

Our main concern is how our 12 years old kid is going to be handling his insertion in a new Educational System -even when he can communicate good enough in English, he would be a Limited English Proficient (LEP) student. Our main goal is to make things easier for him and I would like to settle in a neighborhood with a good middle school where he can gain confidence and improve his language skills until he can perform as usual.

We would like to settle near my office in NE Atlanta (30306) to avoid driving too much and high expenses in car and fuel, but we can sacrifice this if there is no good school around and we need to move further.

We are looking for a family-friendly neighborhood with good middle school. We have no preference in terms of race, religion or culture; we would like to integrate with the community regardless any of these subjects.

I’m providing the information suggested in one of the sticky posts in this useful forum so you can have an idea about our situation/needs.

1. Budget: ~50k
2. House/Condo/Townhome: House is preferred; but it won't hurt to be in the other two.
3. Renting/Buying: Renting.
4. Employment Status(commute/work from home): Flexible schedule. Sometimes required to be in the office, but can work from home too.
5. Workplace: Atlanta, 30306 GA.
6. Children(public school vs. private): Public
7. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: We are used to a urban lifestyle, but it won’t hurt trying the subs, but just if necessary. (I would like to avoid spending too much in fuel, if possible).
8. Easy access to public transit, important or not?: It would be good, but not a must.
9. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: No preferences; as far as it is not violent/insecure.

Thanks in advance!
RRL.
Yes--go with Trickum Middle School in Lilburn, GA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta