Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,504 times

Advertisements

Hope you have good luck w/the move. I too am a single parent trying to relocate to atlanta in 2010. I am giving myself time to finish my social wok degree. I already have an associates degree in medical assisting. I plan on moving the same time as my friend we agreed to do the buddy system. She has one son. However, i am doing my homework now because my daughter is autistic and i need a good school system and good neighborhood. I do have a section 8 voucher and i am in a first time buyer program here in ohio. The reason for relocation is there no jobs here. Plus my mother died 1-3-08 and i don't have any family except my friend i was telling you about. So i guess we are in the same boat the lord let's everything happen for a reason. God bless and good luck. I hope someone can give me good info and advice.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,679,870 times
This thread was started over a year ago, revived 4 months ago, and then again today.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
This thread was started over a year ago, revived 4 months ago, and then again today.
And likewise, if folks do a search on Section 8 and moving to Atlanta, they'll be able to find LOTS of posts/questions on the subject.

Maybe topic/post dates should be in flashing red lights in the corners of each post now.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:20 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS.ONEBABYGIRL View Post
Hope you have good luck w/the move. I too am a single parent trying to relocate to atlanta in 2010. I am giving myself time to finish my social wok degree. I already have an associates degree in medical assisting. I plan on moving the same time as my friend we agreed to do the buddy system. She has one son. However, i am doing my homework now because my daughter is autistic and i need a good school system and good neighborhood. I do have a section 8 voucher and i am in a first time buyer program here in ohio. The reason for relocation is there no jobs here. Plus my mother died 1-3-08 and i don't have any family except my friend i was telling you about. So i guess we are in the same boat the lord let's everything happen for a reason. God bless and good luck. I hope someone can give me good info and advice.
If you're dead set on Atlanta, don't bother with the social work degree- there's no jobs here for that either (see several other recent threads for evidence). You'll have a better chance of finding work in the medical assisting field, and if you got a nursing degree you'd be set. If you intend to stay in social work, you'd better plan on having that Section 8 voucher for a long time, plus taking a second job to pay the bills (or more likely a first one since the social work jobs are few and far between).

Old 07-16-2008, 01:20 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Social workers stay far away from Atlanta. Though given the pathetic salaries here you may well work and still qualify for Section 8 and other benefits. I don't know because my husband's salary keeps us from getting that. As it is, we earn too much to get any benefits, but too little to actually buy anything. It's a quandary, and one I don't recommend for anyone else. This is no town for folks in human services. In two weeks I start work on my (third) degree.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,443 times
Thumbs up Looking to move to College Park, GA

I want to move to College Park, GA. I read from another thread that there are opening here near Creflo Dollar church. I want to move from Charlotte,NC most of the people here are mean, and love to stay in other people's business. Also I'm having a hard time finding a job here. I have two kids a daughter 17 who I think don't notice me any more since she moved in with her dad's adoptive mom. I have a son who will soon be 4 in Feb,2009, he will be coming with me when I make this move

Last edited by honesty2009; 11-28-2008 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Add on

Old 11-28-2008, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,443 times
Hey again, I like to know if Atlanta,GA is strict on making the men pay childsupport even if they do have more than two kids?,because living here in charlotte,nc my son's father only pay me 59.00 dollars every 2 weeks, and this sucks! They say because he has other two kids before mines.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
I can see why people stay in your business...they will be in your business everywhere you go when you broadcast it that way.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:48 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshumph View Post
I Am Currently Looking To Relocate To Ga From Al. It's On My Heart In Duluth,ga. Iam A Single Mother Of 3, Ages 14,13,4. I Need Someone To Give Me Any Information On Section 8 Housing And Hud Housing. The School Systems And Be Of Any Assisstance With A Job. I Am Praying And Seeking The Lord For Direction And This Is Where It Is. If There Are Any Misistry Positions For Me To Work In I Would Prefer. Daycares For The Church, Youth Leader, Anything In The Ministry. I Want To Work For The Lord. Here Is My Personal Phone Number If Anyone Has Any Information To Please I Am Begging To Help Me Out. Moderator cut: Use a PM to mshumph if you can help ...from there, you can exchange phone numbers. I Just Come Out Of A 9year Relationship That Was Emotionally Abusive. And Ive Been Praying And I Have A Goal And Dream To Minister To Other Women In My Predictament To Encourage Them That God Will Help Them And Heal Them. I Also, Want To Implement My Goal That No Child In My Neighborhood Goes To Bed Hungry. So, If Anyone Can Help Me And Assist Me, I Greatly And Deeply Appreciate It. May God Quicken Me In Your Heart And Spirit To Accomodate And Assist Me In Duluth,ga.
Stay positive, although it is pretty hard nowadays. I don't know much about the hud housing thing or how that works, but I do wanna wish you luck, be sure you come back on the forum and participate, eventually you will get where you need to be. Peace

Old 11-28-2008, 05:58 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
business
Hmmmmmm DJ do you smell something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta