U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM

704 posts, read 595,777 times

Advertisements

Plannin on goin to the zoo this weekend, havent been there in several years, anyone been there lately, is it worth it. I dig seein the animals and cant wait to see the faces on the grandkids when they go. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 01:33 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,451,299 times
I think the zoo is great. Lots of exotic animals and enjoyable displays. Don't miss the snake room.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
JPD

7,890 posts, read 8,136,224 times
It gets better every time I go.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:22 PM

704 posts, read 595,777 times
Thanks, my two grand daughters, 3 and 6, are getting the snake shakes so to speak, so I think we'll definitely hit the snake exhibit.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 PM

162 posts, read 153,028 times
I've heard complaints about Atlanta Zoo not being worth the money in comparison to other zoos, but I've never been to another Zoo so I can't say.

My family has an annual pass to the Atlanta Zoo and we love it. Apart from the animals, the grounds are very nice (as is the surrounding Grant Park neighborhood).

Last edited by ATL Urbanist; 03-10-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Urbanist View Post
I've heard complaints about Atlanta Zoo not being worth the money in comparison to other zoos, but I've never been to another Zoo so I can't say.
I went to the zoo in DC a few years ago. The only thing better about it than the Atlanta zoo was the bengal tiger exhibit. And that it's free. But if it were the same price to get in, our zoo would be comparable, and better in some ways.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM

162 posts, read 153,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I went to the zoo in DC a few years ago. The only thing better about it than the Atlanta zoo was the bengal tiger exhibit. And that it's free. But if it were the same price to get in, our zoo would be comparable, and better in some ways.
Yeah, I think that people get spoiled by the free zoos and museums in some other US cities. Then when they're asked to fork over considerable money to get a family in the Atlanta Zoo, they can't help but expect something really grand.

It's really a nice place and worth the money in my opinion. It's especially good for kids. Very popular in nice weather though, so expect a crowd if its a sunny day.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM

6,857 posts, read 4,285,520 times
But I think Atlanta Zoo is a bit pricey as zoos go. Pandas ain't cheap I guess.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
But I think Atlanta Zoo is a bit pricey as zoos go. Pandas ain't cheap I guess.
As it turns out, they're not the least bit interesting, either.

Seriously, they were the only boring part of the zoo last time I was there. And it was by far the most crowded part.

And furthermore, their exhibit was basically the same as the shameful concrete box jail cell they used to make Willie B live in.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 PM

6,857 posts, read 4,285,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
As it turns out, they're not the least bit interesting, either.

Seriously, they were the only boring part of the zoo last time I was there. And it was by far the most crowded part.

And furthermore, their exhibit was basically the same as the shameful concrete box jail cell they used to make Willie B live in.
That was sort of like the pandas in DC. All I saw was a black and white animal passed out on the concrete floor like he was hung over from too much fermented bamboo.

But you have to admit that the Atlanta pandas are much more....um...frisky. We're making more pandas than DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta