U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM

29 posts, read 188,213 times

Advertisements

Thank you all! The dining room set I want I haven't seen in Big Lots or Value City & at the risk of sounding obnoxious, I probably wouldn't buy the set if I did see it in either of those stores. I was already a little leery because a friend recently bought a living room set there that we eventually saw in Value City (same price as ASG).

It's good to hear the wood is strong tho - the d.r. set we want is all wood.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
Bear in mind that you're getting what you pay for to some degree- a $1,000 dining room set isn't going to be the same quality/durability as a $3,000 dining room set in most cases. We just bought a dinette set and some living room tables from American yesterday, as we were looking for pieces in wrought iron and couldn't find what we wanted anywhere else. The quality seems very good for the price, and satisfies our needs.

Bob

Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 PM

201 posts, read 962,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton resident View Post
Thank you all! The dining room set I want I haven't seen in Big Lots or Value City & at the risk of sounding obnoxious, I probably wouldn't buy the set if I did see it in either of those stores. I was already a little leery because a friend recently bought a living room set there that we eventually saw in Value City (same price as ASG).

It's good to hear the wood is strong tho - the d.r. set we want is all wood.
You do realize that ASG and Value City are all part of the same company, yes? Value City carries ASG as their "upscale" line. The furniture quality is the same in both places.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM

908 posts, read 3,380,179 times
Any thoughts on Ashleys Furniture or Thomasville? Or anything else in the Amer. Signature price range?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM

30 posts, read 143,847 times
Hi --

We have bought a few pieces from ASF for the same reason as the OP. We did want anythign from Big Lots per se' (although I guess you never can tell from any store!). Anywho, we bought our bed and two matching night stands. Our bed was wonderful and a very solid heavy wood. The nighstands however were not as nice. We purchased one from the store and the other from their outlet. The wood on teh outlet one peeled and chipped a little bit and occasionally has a weird finish after polishing.

Our sectional was microfiber and is still pretty nice. Overall I wold gie ASF a mid level rating. If you can I would check out Z Gallerie...their prices are a bit higher but better quality. We purchased two leather chairs from them and we always get compliments. The leather is 100% genuine leather and we can tel that it will age quite nicely. Good luck!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM

30 posts, read 143,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomartini View Post
You do realize that ASG and Value City are all part of the same company, yes? Value City carries ASG as their "upscale" line. The furniture quality is the same in both places.

If ASG is American Signature Furniture then, we didn't know this at the time so thanks for the info. We didn't plan on purchasing anymore pieces from there anyway.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 35,253 times
Yes, I have the entire Signature One Collection, and sereral accessories I Love them! The quality and durabilty of the furniture is great. I have no complaints. Purchasing American Signature Furniture would be a WISE CHOICE..
Orlando, FL

Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 PM
fil

364 posts, read 1,445,903 times
I agree.

We have pieces from Lacks, Haverty's, American Signature, Ashley, Rhodes, and Pottery Barn.

With furniture, I don't always believe that you get what you paid for. Everything is nice, luxurious, and durable from PB, but it's expensive.

I bought Natuzzi leather couches and the Ashley leather couches are much more durable and are also luxurious, for half the price.

The ASG furniture also has durable wood. The RTG furniture is all soft wood and is junky.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 35,209 times
Default Satisfactory Experience

Not the highest quality but highly acceptable. Fair pricing, accurate descriptions by fairly well trained salespersons. Delivered as promised. Scale of 1-10 I'd rate them a 7+

Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 AM

242 posts, read 750,632 times
Thanks for the z gallerie tip. I liked some of the furniture styles from other stores but z gallerie looks like my kind of store. Def making my major pieces of furniture purchases from there.

Thanks good taste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins AJ View Post
Hi --

We have bought a few pieces from ASF for the same reason as the OP. We did want anythign from Big Lots per se' (although I guess you never can tell from any store!). Anywho, we bought our bed and two matching night stands. Our bed was wonderful and a very solid heavy wood. The nighstands however were not as nice. We purchased one from the store and the other from their outlet. The wood on teh outlet one peeled and chipped a little bit and occasionally has a weird finish after polishing.

Our sectional was microfiber and is still pretty nice. Overall I wold gie ASF a mid level rating. If you can I would check out Z Gallerie...their prices are a bit higher but better quality. We purchased two leather chairs from them and we always get compliments. The leather is 100% genuine leather and we can tel that it will age quite nicely. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or