Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:01 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times

Advertisements

I am by no means a mall person, but whoever said Mall of Georgia is "run of the mill" doesn't know what they're talking about. It's like the "MALL OF AMERICA" in Georgia and hundreds of tour buses come in there from all over the Southeast (especially the Carolinas) on the weekends. So from that alone, seems like the hotel developers know their potential. Also: You guys are completely forgetting the draw of Lake Lanier and Chateau Elan which are also in that area, in addition to the Gwinnett Braves, Gwinnett Arena, Discover Mills, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:04 PM

92 posts, read 234,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I am by no means a mall person, but whoever said Mall of Georgia is "run of the mill" doesn't know what they're talking about. It's like the "MALL OF AMERICA" in Georgia and hundreds of tour buses come in there from all over the Southeast (especially the Carolinas) on the weekends. So from that alone, seems like the hotel developers know their potential. Also: You guys are completely forgetting the draw of Lake Lanier and Chateau Elan which are also in that area, in addition to the Gwinnett Braves, Gwinnett Arena, Discover Mills, etc.

Are there any pictures that you can find that give details of this particular hotel

Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Wow the new structure looks amazing but i just can't imagine it outside of the city of Atlanta in a city named Larenceville

Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 PM

Never mind my comment I put before I found the picture

Old 03-13-2011, 08:23 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,230 times
I'm going to chart this up to pipedream.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:30 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
I think it is possible that due to such and iconic design or unusual along with all the surrounding attractions,I think it could be the start of what might eventually be the next "edge city".One high rise usually brings more.Nothing on the scale of whats midtown but in the immediate future after its built it could resemble the Galleria area in Cobb County.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 PM

187 posts, read 403,928 times
This hotel should be built in Perimeter Center. Much more demand for it down there! Besides Perimeter mall, tons of people work there and fly in to visit with clients whose offices are there. Plus, its a circular design would be perfect for an area named Perimeter.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
While it might draw a lot of people, and while it might be the largest mall in this local area and draw people, the Mall of America is a tad larger and has a lot more to offer. I used to live (literally) within a mile of the MoA in east Bloomington. Georgia has nothing at all on that scale. Not only that, but the MoA is going to get a lot larger after Phase II is completed.

That said, it might not be a bad location for this proposed hotel.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:44 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
^^^^ Mall of Georgia was conceived and built to be a "destination" mall and not just a neighborhood or even regional mall. In that regard it very much is like the Mall of America though obviously not on the same scale. Therefore, building a hotel like this adjacent to it makes a whole lot more sense than say just down the road beside gwinnett place.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 AM

40 posts, read 120,175 times
Quote:
^^^^ Mall of Georgia was conceived and built to be a "destination" mall and not just a neighborhood or even regional mall. In that regard it very much is like the Mall of America though obviously not on the same scale. Therefore, building a hotel like this adjacent to it makes a whole lot more sense than say just down the road beside gwinnett place.

Just curious, what do you find unusual or striking about the Mall of Georgia when compared to other regional malls? Other than some theaters, a merry-go-round in the food court and a courtyard that never seems to have anything substantial happening, I cannot fathom why anyone would travel out of their way to go there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta