U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM

955 posts, read 2,862,331 times

Advertisements

The year is 2020. How do you guys see Atlanta ten years from now? I wonder if it will similar to Los Angeles and Orange County.

Atlanta will be more like LA (older) and Orange County will be more like Northern Atlanta anything north of Doraville(newer).

Will Milton become the Beverly Hills of the North Atlanta whereas Buckhead is already known as the Beverly Hills of the South? Am I dreaming?

Top three median home prices in Orange County (Milton)
Newport Coast $2,432,700
Newport Beach $1,042,500
Laguna Beach $964,300

Top three median home prices in LA County (Buckhead)
Rolling Hills $1,988,600
Newport Beach $1,887,200
Hidden Hills $1,834,400
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Who are these morons sending me these stupid PMs?

"are you seriously out of your mind? Atlanta is too ghetto and too redneck and too Southern to ever capture the natural beauty of California."

"keep dreamin dude. move back to chicago. atlanta is doomed to fail."

Stop PMing me and let's take it out to the public forum.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:14 PM

367 posts, read 471,393 times
no. people in milton love the seclusion of the area, and if/when it begins to draw too much attention they will abandon it to move even further out. there's nothing there anyway except badly designed mcmansions on big, multi-acre lots. (or culdesac subdivisions)

i see alpharetta urbanizing more, as it was just beginning to do until the bubble burst, but milton was hardly even a terribly-named dot on the map without any real infrastructure until a few years back anyway.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM

969 posts, read 1,660,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post

"are you seriously out of your mind? Atlanta is too ghetto and too redneck and too Southern to ever capture the natural beauty of California."

Get used to these moronic people. They all need therapy.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM

367 posts, read 471,393 times
Quote:

it's city-data - just about anything goes. unlike some of the other forums i've been a member of, this place feels much more like the wild west and far less like any kind of community, but that's just how s*** is here.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM

394 posts, read 563,538 times
As great as Buckhead is, it needs to realize its' full potential and continue to strive to be better before it is copied and emulated anywhere else. Don't you think?

Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM

349 posts, read 785,684 times
Quote:
The year is 2020. How do you guys see Atlanta ten years from now? I wonder if it will similar to Los Angeles and Orange County.

Atlanta will be more like LA (older) and Orange County will be more like Northern Atlanta anything north of Doraville(newer).

Will Milton become the Beverly Hills of the North Atlanta whereas Buckhead is already known as the Beverly Hills of the South? Am I dreaming?

Newport Coast $2,432,700
Newport Beach $1,042,500
Laguna Beach $964,300

Rolling Hills $1,988,600
Newport Beach $1,887,200
Hidden Hills $1,834,400
I doubt it.

That's only nine years from now. Things could change drastically if the outer loop nears reality and/or Milton County is revived.

When I think of Beverly Hills, I think of Rodeo Drive. Is Birmingham Highway on par with that? LOL

Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,639,930 times
Quote:

The others are right... you have kind have to get use to it...

Atlanta has a large share of haters and naysayers, especially on this forum. Venture into general U.S. section sometime and it gets really interesting.

We kind of become a common punching bag by these types:
-people with a fetish for a high density inner city
-anti-sunbelt
-other sunbelt cities that see us as a competitor
-smaller sunbelt cities that envy us (but always say they don't want to end up like us... even though they do exactly what we did 30 years back... looking your way Charlotte )
-people hyped up on building freeways
-people who hate freeways
(yes, we make them both mad... we depend heavily on our freeways and absolutely refuse to build more ... just compare use to Dallas and you will see what I mean)
-the people who like segregation, whether they know it or not. Atlanta must be a ghetto, because we have black people and are more integrated than most major cities.
-people who hate the south; afterall we are it's capital
-people who love the south; afterall we aren't really apart of the south...we are a northern city surrounded by the south
-South Georgians.... we take alot of the money despite giving them lots of ours
-The suburbanite haters
-the conservative libertarians in general.... cities take a degree of government investment to work well and they have trouble grappling with that, but many of them also live in our suburbs and in North Georgia and neighboring South Carolina.

Am I forgetting any main groups?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Someone can correct me here, but Buckhead and Milton seem to have the highest real estate prices in the metro Atlanta area.

Now Atlanta's top three is dang cheap compared to the most expensive real estate in OC and LA. Is it just me or do others see tier 1 Atlanta cities like Buckhead & Milton real estate prices going a lot higher by 2020 while LA/OC flat lines or maybe appreciates 1-3% a year for the next 9 years?

Top three median home prices in Metro Atlanta
1. Buckhead $380,892
2. Milton $369,600
3. Vinings $348,400

1. Newport Coast $2,432,700
2. Newport Beach $1,042,500
3. Laguna Beach $964,300

1. Rolling Hills $1,988,600
2. Newport Beach $1,887,200
3. Hidden Hills $1,834,400

Last edited by mrpanda; 03-14-2011 at 07:56 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM

If and when Gwinnett County finally gets that 2nd airport up and running in Lawerenceville. (I am predicting that this will happen by 2020). The distance between Atlanta Hartsfield airport and Briscoe is almost identical to the distance of Johns Wayne and LAX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or