Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
If we have an outing will AtlantaGreg show up and put a stop to our conversations?
hmm... maybe we should establish a referee though....

If we really did have a get together with this many people or more...

Perhaps we could work at being a -regional- citizens group to advocate for things we carefully negotiate/agree on together.

We could even create a division to fight Nimby-ism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 02:24 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
hmm... maybe we should establish a referee though....

If we really did have a get together with this many people or more...

Perhaps we could work at being a -regional- citizens group to advocate for things we carefully negotiate/agree on together.

We could even create a division to fight Nimby-ism.
Y'all can do whatever kind of Big Tent thing you want but I'm creating the city of Arjay, with a super majority of me. All are welcome subject to my approval. Let's see Rev. Lowery and the Black Caucus stop that!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
It just won't be the same without the following people:

Afongea
Waronxmas
Lovindecatur
Johnatl (he confirmed didn't he?)
Algreen

and of course... Atlantagreg.

Whatever happened to Deaconj? Haven't seen him around in a while.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Y'all can do whatever kind of Big Tent thing you want but I'm creating the city of Arjay, with a super majority of me. All are welcome subject to my approval. Let's see Rev. Lowery and the Black Caucus stop that!

Dear Lord... a house as its own city....

Vote: 100% of property owners

city services

-Provides water and sewer by buying from county xyz
-Parks and Rec Dept in the back yard
-local street maintenance via driveway
-local zoning... literally...not in my back yard
-waste services... compost pile

Kind of reminds me of Petoria in Family Guy

Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times
I'm new here, but I would definitely be interested. I assistant organize a lot of Meetups, so I can possibly be of service with this.

Meeting in a park could be good, as could a restaurant-----except we probably have widely varying tastes (I love ethnic dives!).

You'd be surprised how a bunch of strangers can connect quickly and find things to talk about.

Just be aware---there are always lots of No-Shows. People sign up and then forget or change their minds---some events have 50 to 75% No-Shows!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
It just won't be the same without the following people:

Algreen

and of course... Atlantagreg.

Whatever happened to Deaconj? Haven't seen him around in a while.
Al Green is in Texas so I doubt he could make it.

Not sure what happened to DeaconJ. He just fell off. Assumed, he became busy with his teaching classes...

Old 04-01-2011, 04:18 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangomonster View Post
I'm new here, but I would definitely be interested. I assistant organize a lot of Meetups, so I can possibly be of service with this.

Meeting in a park could be good, as could a restaurant-----except we probably have widely varying tastes (I love ethnic dives!).

You'd be surprised how a bunch of strangers can connect quickly and find things to talk about.

Just be aware---there are always lots of No-Shows. People sign up and then forget or change their minds---some events have 50 to 75% No-Shows!
Well then, we need to get to 100 people who respond "yes". We should set up a new meetup group just for city-data - Atlanta.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:55 PM

349 posts, read 781,564 times
Hmm. It's always weird to me to meet people from online. They are always vastly different than what you imagine. I know I havnt participated all that much but it sounds like an interesting idea. Unfortunately I'm in NJ. I do try to point out the hypocrisies I see up here when the south gets unfairly stereo typed. I do that in RL not just on CD. So consider that my contribution hehe.

Edit: something weird about CD that always trips me out is how women refer to their husband as DH. I keep wondering what designated hitters have to do with the convo.

Last edited by Lagwagon113; 04-01-2011 at 05:04 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
Hmm. It's always weird to me to meet people from online. They are always vastly different than what you imagine. I know I havnt participated all that much but it sounds like an interesting idea. Unfortunately I'm in NJ. I do try to point out the hypocrisies I see up here when the south gets unfairly stereo typed. I do that in RL not just on CD. So consider that my contribution hehe.

Edit: something weird about CD that always trips me out is how women refer to their husband as DH. I keep wondering what designated hitters have to do with the convo.
hmmm--This is commonly used in forums for women 'The Knot'/The Nest and others.

Jersey---There is a woman from Jersey that would set CD on fire---married to a State Trooper--conservative--tall, leggy blonde--something like LD--the flip side.

Lagwagon--the name conjures up an image--someone who thinks independently, prefers a vehicle that functions well--would have to be sound from engineering standards have power, etc--you probably resemble the vehicle. we could poll each other --What type of vehicle do you drive and learn more about each other.

Some of the screennames make perfect sense--others are more cryptic. Fun to analyze the names.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:22 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Well then, we need to get to 100 people who respond "yes". We should set up a new meetup group just for city-data - Atlanta.
Facebook is good for that. It can happen in less than 5 minutes. I could do it right now?

Yes

or

No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta