U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 PM

2,535 posts, read 1,150,127 times

Advertisements

Decatur is a suburb of Atlanta but if you mean farther out then I would suggest staying in Dekalb county. That way you wouldn't have a bad commute, well that really depends because OTP traffic is pretty nasty. Stone Mountain, Lithonia, Chamblee would be cities closest to Decatur. You could take US29 & 78 into Decatur also I-20. I-20 is horrible though. Chamblee would put you on 285, which is worse but a shorter commute so it shouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,556,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by word4u2day View Post
What are the best cities to relocate to? We are conservative African Americans with children who will attend Elementary school. We need to commute to Decatur for work purposes but prefer to live in the suburbs. We desire a diverse and safe community. Plan on purchasing a home around $300,000-$400,000?
The city of Decatur is a great place to raise kids! For a little more for your money, you can try North Druid Hills, Toco Hill, and Tucker. Also the Parkview High area of Lilburn is a little farther out, but wouldn't be that bad of a commute.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 PM

12,833 posts, read 19,388,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
The city of Decatur is a great place to raise kids! For a little more for your money, you can try North Druid Hills, Toco Hill, and Tucker. Also the Parkview High area of Lilburn is a little farther out, but wouldn't be that bad of a commute.
I would add the Oak Grove area to the mix. To the OP, there's even a lakeside community within it's limits, Echo Lake.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

68 posts, read 64,809 times
Oak Grove is meant to be beautiful, as long as it is diverse and fairly walk-able then i am open to moving there

Old 04-17-2011, 05:54 PM

2,205 posts, read 4,277,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdeezy View Post
how easy is it for British nationals to get into the states and what is the process for a young entrepreneur such as myself
If you're an entrepreneur then you'd presumably be looking at the E-2 visa. I think this Wikipedia article is accurate and has links to the official government info: E-2 visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bottom line, you need around $50,000 to invest in a business.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM

12,833 posts, read 19,388,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdeezy View Post
Oak Grove is meant to be beautiful, as long as it is diverse and fairly walk-able then i am open to moving there
It is pretty diverse, thanks to the proximity of Emory University.
There is a central shopping area (Vista Grove) that many residents walk to that has about everything but a large supermarket (you would have to go about 1.5 mi to Toco Hill for that). There are some great little restaurants there; I would walk 10 miles for the BBQ and slaw tacos at Napoleon's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta