U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 PM

12,451 posts, read 17,926,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkwoodhipster View Post
You're a self-described Confederate. Don't you have some Southern general to be saluting? Stone Mountain really strikes a nerve with you Rebels.

Its people like you who continue to perpetuate the image of a backward Southern Atlanta that WE have worked hard to dispel. Move to Jackson, MS already!
What? I have lauded your previous commentary more than once and you throw this in my face?
Why don't you actually read the history of my posts before you make such inflammatory comments, sonnyboy. You are a slanderer and a first-rate jerk. Take your faux hipness elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,564,358 times
Very refreshing to see the media portray a side of Atlanta that has largely been ignored for the last decade. Don't want to get into the racial aspects of it, but the picture they chose is very telling of the "new Atlanta."

Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,441,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post

Atlanta has very insecure residents who cheer at any sign of attention that will dispell preconceived notions that only they care about.

Sure!

Donald Trump couldn't have said it better.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:32 PM

187 posts, read 203,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What? I have lauded your previous commentary more than once and you throw this in my face?
Why don't you actually read the history of my posts before you make such inflammatory comments, sonnyboy. You are a slanderer and a first-rate jerk. Take your faux hipness elsewhere.
Oh no. If it makes you better, I feel like a jerk! I hate when this happens, but with the internet its unavoidable.

A "mis-comm-u-ni-cation."

As you know, Stone Mountain has reached mythical status among "less cultured" (read: redneck) Atlantans. I thought you were one of those people, took offense to my comment about Stone Mountain, and expressed it by calling me a troll.

I confess that I have never read your history. I probably should have before retorting like that! Even noticing your screen name may have helped... not many stars and bars flying in Decatur!

I got caught up in the moment. Its a flaw of mine when my hometown is being discussed. I sincerely apologize.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM

388 posts, read 321,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Very refreshing to see the media portray a side of Atlanta that has largely been ignored for the last decade. Don't want to get into the racial aspects of it, but the picture they chose is very telling of the "new Atlanta."
But but but, according to your previous posts, Atlanta is becoming even more diverse with Asians and Hispanics. I sure don't see any of them in that aforementioned photo..

Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 PM

8,190 posts, read 5,709,410 times
Quote:
Don't want to get into the racial aspects of it
Since when have you been too shy to venture into that territory?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 PM

1,667 posts, read 1,372,641 times
Quote:

I know you would love a Vanilla Atlanta wouldnt you?. Its alright we need a diverse Atlanta Blacks Whites Asians Latinos etc. ANd if you wanted to leave race out you should have just left that whole comment out.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Since when have you been too shy to venture into that territory?
I don't really need to get into the racial aspects of it. Everyone knows whites are Atlanta's fastest growing group. The picture is very accurate in portraying that reality.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
But but but, according to your previous posts, Atlanta is becoming even more diverse with Asians and Hispanics. I sure don't see any of them in that aforementioned photo..
Yes, Metro Atlanta is getting more diverse because it is getting swamped by Asians and Hispanics. However, the city of Atlanta has captured very little of that growth. Instead, Atlanta's new-found "diversity" is largely driven by white people moving into the city by the thousands.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
I know you would love a Vanilla Atlanta wouldnt you?. Its alright we need a diverse Atlanta Blacks Whites Asians Latinos etc. ANd if you wanted to leave race out you should have just left that whole comment out.
Actually, I hope the next mayor is Asian. Talk about changing people's perceptions of Atlanta...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta