U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-22-2011, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 5,525 times
Default Can they deny me Georgia Health insurance if I don't have a GA license??

I just moved to Georgia recently from Florida and still have my Florida Driver's license. I just applied for health insurance here in Georigia and told them I was a Georgia Resident. Do you think they will deny me for coverage if they see that I don't have a Georgia license yet?? I am worried and wondering if I should go get a GA license. I plan on stay here for maybe this next year or two then returning to Fl. I have recently just paid to renew my license in FL (my forever home)......what should I do?? Thanks for any expert advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-22-2011, 02:48 PM

3,012 posts, read 2,083,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdajewlz View Post
I just moved to Georgia recently from Florida and still have my Florida Driver's license. I just applied for health insurance here in Georigia and told them I was a Georgia Resident. Do you think they will deny me for coverage if they see that I don't have a Georgia license yet?? I am worried and wondering if I should go get a GA license. I plan on stay here for maybe this next year or two then returning to Fl. I have recently just paid to renew my license in FL (my forever home)......what should I do?? Thanks for any expert advice.
Well two things to answer your question

First-- some people don't have driver's licenses. You don't need a driver's license to get health insurance... it is usually just a convenient and official form of ID that proves you live here.

Second- Even if you are just here for a year or two... you are a GA resident now. If you want/need to have a driver's license you are required to exchange your florida license for a GA license within 30 days of moving here (it will probably be something similar when you move back to Florida).

Unread 04-22-2011, 03:47 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,269,585 times
I have private insurance and don't recall them asking for my drivers license. I bought my insurance (BCBS) over the internet. I think they accept whatever you say is your residence. The only time I recall you can get in trouble if you wrongly residency insurance is when it comes to taxes (State, local or property)

Last edited by lorilove; 04-22-2011 at 04:57 PM..

Unread 04-22-2011, 03:54 PM

3,012 posts, read 2,083,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
. I think they accept whatever you say is your residence.
That might be true when getting accepted... just make sure it is true and up to date.

Insurance companies tend to pick over the details a little bit closer when you need money from them rather than when you are just paying them money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta