Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM

461 posts, read 1,064,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
People who don't have enough self-control face many obstacles not unlike the results of this incident. I'm glad I don't have that problem, and I bet each one of those women will use more control in the future and act a little more civil toward authorities. I know I would if that happened to me.

Like I've said before, we don't know the full extent of the situation at IHOP. Lots of people are making lots of bold statements without all of the facts. Some people just plain don't like police and don't respect authority, and this is the kind of outcome I expect when that's the case.
I respect and thank police officers every day that I'm able to for the work that they do. I also believe "questioning authority" is a duty of every citizen if said "authority" is out of line or abusing their power. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,397,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Cosigned and so would Amidou Diallo, Sean Bell and the countless other people in NYC who have been murdered by the NYPD we just don't know about.
May they R.I.P. Sad what happened to these men. All innocent.

(NYPD. Trigger happy bastards....)

Off Topic:

This one irked me the most. They shot him thinking he was a thief, while the thief who happened to be Latino escaped. I hope the cops who shot him get hit hard by Karma.

NYPD Probes Killing of Black Cop by Fellow Officer - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Old 04-29-2011, 02:53 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,507,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
I also believe "questioning authority" is a duty of every citizen if said "authority" is out of line or abusing their power.
I completely agree.

However, there's gotta be a better way of questioning authority than injecting yourself into the arrest of a rowdy customer at IHOP by holding a camera in the face of the arresting officer, grabbing him by the face and the collar, and then pounding away at him with all your might. Especially if it's 4 am and you've been tippling yourself.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 AM

562 posts, read 1,783,588 times
Agreed, there were probably 150+ people in the establishment, all of them watched like they were supposed to, this girl was the only one that had to get involved for no reason. The original girl getting arrested, could have shut up, left, or gotten arrested without scrreaming, kicking and fighting, and nothing would have happened. The excuse I didnt know he was a police officer is the biggest bs I have ever heard. So he didnt identify himself, big deal, he is standing at the door when you come in, wearing an apd jacket, with a gun holster, etc. Everyone in there knows who he is, as does she because as the cop is trying to arrest her, she keeps sayin officer please I didnt do nothing.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM

4,688 posts, read 7,981,008 times
Woman who punched officer at IHOP now has felony charges *| ajc.com

Good News!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,521,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I was just reading that presser. I wonder if the women are going to try to sue the APD? They mentioned the Star Wars guys a few times apperently the issues started with them. Someone on this thread posted a video of the Storm Trooper & Jango Fett guys, but I dont see it on youtube anymore.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,281,437 times
I agree.

I despise the reality that our country and the people living in it can entertain so many culturally contradicting rules without questioning the rationality in abiding by them.

It's as if women wanted this feminist movement because they wanted to be treated as equals. But when the equal treatment gets a little too rough for them, these same ladies try to pull the chivalry/puritanism card and claim that they they are the weaker sex. Total fail.

You women can't have it both ways in my book. You can't have the total equality to a man that the feminist movement grants you in one moment and then pull out the puritanical tradition card in the next. This is the 21st century.

The bed of equality has been made, ladies. Sleep in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Why do women think they can do whatever to a man that they want to and no type of "punishment" is suppose to happen? America is the only country like this, let a woman hit a man in Saudi Arabia or in any Spanish country and see what will happen. Ladies learn your role, if you hit a man get ready to have to fight like a man. Women always claim that men are stronger and that is the reaon we should not hit back, that is a bunch of BS! You will not see me starting a fight with Mike Tyson in his prime because I know he will kick my butt. Ladies learn your role in life, if someone is stronger than you dont pick a fight with them. It is common sense. Some women think that they can do whatever with your repercussions. A woman can spit on you, hit your 1 month old child, blow up a building, beat up your 99 year old mom but men are suppose hit you back????? GTFOH!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,521,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
The youtube video tonygeorgia was referring to, showing the angle not seen on TV. (For those that don't have facebook or might have trouble with the link.)

YouTube - The Empire Strikes in IHOP restaurant

She had the camera in his face and pulled his shoulder then he slapped her, she punched him and then he swung back. She didn't deserve that punch, I don't care what anyone says. She was annoying and touching the cop and definitely DESERVED everything that happened after he punched her(being hauled to the ground, cuffed etc.) but the punch not so much.
Well if it does go to court will these star wars people be questioned? They seem to be apart of it....least thats what the girls are saying.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:05 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,137,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Well if it does go to court will these star wars people be questioned? They seem to be apart of it....least thats what the girls are saying.

the stars wars guys are Djs who was eating like they probably do most nights after the club closes. The Suits are part of their gimmick

Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,137,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
The woman was white. Something needs to be done in the white community so white people will own up and take responsibility.

Skin pigment has nothing to do with stupidity. Ignorant people come in all shades, religious beliefs, economic statuses. I'm not claiming that idiot....lol

Anymore I'd claim some other "white" idiots roaming around being retarded .

Added note Miss A N Leavell Myspace page finally is down after touting don't mess with her banter all over it, but her Mug shots from Ohio arrest are still up *wink* on 4/14/2011

Last edited by klmquiroz; 05-02-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta