U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 PM

449 posts, read 580,110 times

Advertisements

lol I'm pretty sure TP doesn't strip naked in front of his cast members and ask for some "booty", hope not at least.

There's much worse going on than Tyler Perry movies & shows (basketball wives, Flava Flav, etc), although I'm not a fan of most of his films

I say give Tyler some time, I'm sure he'll provide more insightful and tasteful art as time goes on.

His flicks aren't on par with black-face flicks when it comes to coonery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM

5,208 posts, read 3,119,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
McGruder is an arrogant bastard.
Arrogant about what? his claim to fame is a comic strip and a cartoon show. Cant say he has a really long resume but he does make his work count. Out of all the episodes I have seen, many of them make you think.

Unless you have an issue with Tera Bell Georgia....cause we know what city that is based on. If thats the case than I see why you would be irritated.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
This was the realest episode of the Boondocks to date. And Perry even fired some of his staff after that episode which basically confirmed to me that parts, or maybe even ALL of it was accurate.
*His personal dislike of Ice Cube media.

*People not allowed to speak to family members while filming

*Him being gay and hiding it from his fans

*Making people prey prior to production

*Sexy men always around

Im not sure which one was the most true but it had to be one of those things. The Ice Cube thing was really random....

Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,673,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Arrogant about what? his claim to fame is a comic strip and a cartoon show. Cant say he has a really long resume but he does make his work count. Out of all the episodes I have seen, many of them make you think.

Unless you have an issue with Tera Bell Georgia....cause we know what city that is based on. If thats the case than I see why you would be irritated.
He comes off as a know-it-all. The way he attacks and insults public figures with no class or tact. I don't expect any of his supporters to agree. The Boondocks is his own personal animated soap box. He's no Seth Macfarlane, but still.....

Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,120,405 times
Quote:
He comes off as a know-it-all. The way he attacks and insults public figures with no class or tact. I don't expect any of his supporters to agree. The Boondocks is his own personal animated soap box. He's no Seth Macfarlane, but still.....
I sorta agree with ya. The comic strip allowed him to do stuff but since he stopped and focused solely on the tv show, he has amped up his attacks and insults. At times, its just not as cool as it was in the beginning of his comic strip. It showed in Season 3 of the Boondocks. It just wasn't funny or deep as the previous 2 seasons.

Quote:
*Making people prey prior to production
I'm assuming you meant pray but he is a Christian and most of his stuff is done from a Christian angle so why would people be surprised that they are required to pray before production?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Who was attacked or insulted that did not deserve it? No a challenge to you, Im just curious you feel was unjustly attacked. BET? Tyler Perry? Al Sharpton? Obama?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
I sorta agree with ya. The comic strip allowed him to do stuff but since he stopped and focused solely on the tv show, he has amped up his attacks and insults. At times, its just not as cool as it was in the beginning of his comic strip. It showed in Season 3 of the Boondocks. It just wasn't funny or deep as the previous 2 seasons.

He is a Christian and most of his stuff is done from a Christian angle so why would people be surprised that they are required to pray before production?
Nothing against religion, but not everyone is religious. I mean people are at work. Being a camera man or sound man or in control of effects should not require prayer. Making people pray at work is a little country boy-backwood if you ask me. Everyone has their own faiths, but to force an employee to participate in the CEO or Founders personal religion is that right?? Im just asking. Is this a down home Georgia type of thing?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM

15,076 posts, read 9,818,281 times
Quote:

*Him being gay and hiding it from his fans
Not that it matters but I had assumed Perry was openly gay. Is that not the case?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,673,018 times
Quote:
Who was attacked or insulted that did not deserve it? No a challenge to you, Im just curious you feel was unjustly attacked. BET? Tyler Perry? Al Sharpton? Obama?
Condoleezza Rice, Obama, Perry, BET, other aspects of the black community, etc.

Who the hell is he, you, or I to say who is deserving of ridicule? It comes with the territory of being a public figure, but that doesn't make it right.

Quote:
Is this a down home Georgia type of thing?
Tyler Perry is from New Orleans.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Not that it matters but I had assumed Perry was openly gay. Is that not the case?
Being gay is cool with me....BUT many of his die hard fans feel he could NEVER be gay. With Atlanta being his home base its not hard for him to have a lover or 2 in the dark. Him being gay is his business, but again from the Boondocks episode, some confidential info was giving to the producers (Carl Jones) and they exploited it. The Ice Cube thing to me was a flag. The only Boondocks voice actor I can think of that has ever worked with Perry is Mike J White (Black Dynamite/Spawn) mostly everyone on the show has some form of affiliation with Cube or the Friday movies. So it is interesting that Spike Lee has an issue with Perry yet Perry may have some riff with Ice Cube...idk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta